Not eating all day before weigh in

ANiceBitOfDust

Reading some messages elsewhere about poeple who don't eat/drink all day on weigh in day, seems rather silly to me :confused: it wouldn't make any difference anyway would it?

Yes it does definitely makes a difference. My weigh in is at 5.30pm so I always eat but only up until late afternoon and I keep it light. I drink as normal though x

I weigh in at 5pm Monday. One week it was a bank hol, I'd slept in and not really eaten much, and I had a larger than expected loss. The next week I had a lower than usual loss. Eventually it'll right itself, so I just eat what I'd normally eat - I'd pass out at work if I had nowt! (I do however try to wear the same / similar things)

It would make a difference on that day, but at future weigh-ins you would have to do the same thing.

And not eating one day each week is not really a good idea - I certainly couldn't keep it up.

As long as you do the same thing each weigh in day then no it doesnt make a difference. I used to starve on the day but now just eat as any other day....though I wouldnt neck a glass of water just before weighin!!

Have to admit I don't eat much before WI....I usually skip lunch, and have a big dinner when I get home.

I weigh in at 5.30pm, so I'll eat and drink as normal up until 3pm(ish) and then have nil by mouth until after I've weighed. I've done it every week since I started and its my normal Thursday habit now!

Rowley said:
I weigh in at 5.30pm, so I'll eat and drink as normal up until 3pm(ish) and then have nil by mouth until after I've weighed. I've done it every week since I started and its my normal Thursday habit now!

I do the same, but my weigh in is 7.30 so I eat normal breakfast and lunch and then stop drinking about 5ish till after weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad its not just me! I always get funny looks when I start guzzling pints of water after WI ;)

I am so glad i have a 9.30am weigh in lol I just eat something light like a hifi bar or muller light before weigh in, and a cup of coffee, as long as you're consistent then there is no need to skip meals etc as long as its the same sort of thing before weigh in xxx

I weigh in in a morning and only sip at water and have a banana before, then have a hifi and a coffee when im done :)

Thats why i hate wi at night i'm used to morning wi's

I WI at 5pm, and have my breakfast and lunch as usual. I'll drink as normal too, although I make sure I have a wee before stepping on the scales. I think some of the posts above smack of obssession!!

I think acusing people of obssession is a tad harsh. Everybody does things differently, its what makes us all individual :) starving yourself isnt a good idea, but not having a drink for a couple of hours beforehand dosnt hurt if thats what people want to do.

I eat and drink as normal throughout the day, then once I'm in from work I don't drink!! I get in about 5, quick get changed then weigh in is 5.30.

Its stupid starving yourself and depriving yourself of a good drink all day!! I would go crazy after weigh in and binge til I couldn't move if I did that. If you do the same every week, like have breakfast, have lunch, drink normally up until about an hour before (water is heavy!!) Then you're still going to be accurate at weigh in.

lardylady said:
I WI at 5pm, and have my breakfast and lunch as usual. I'll drink as normal too, although I make sure I have a wee before stepping on the scales. I think some of the posts above smack of obssession!!

I dont think any posts smack of obsession. How do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am normally at work all day before weigh in, so I eat a similar thing evy week (most days too...) I always have one cup of water at lunch and one on my afternoon tea break, so unless I'm not at work my weigh in routine is pretty consistent. (just worried this week, cause last week I was not at work so ate and drank differently, wonder what the effect is this week.....)

I just treat the day as normal, my weigh in is at 5pm and i have lost for the past 4 weeks, as I have done when I was on Weightwatchers, this week I have even used 10 of my syns by weigh in and I lost 3 and a half. I think it makes no difference to starve yourself or cut right back on WI day , it's what you do all week that counts.

Back