not enough superfree :(

Extra EasyOriginalGreenDelicious Mashed Carrot & Swede, frozen, 100g Free

according to SW Online the aunt bessies is free on all plans x

Extra EasyOriginalGreenDelicious Mashed Carrot & Swede, frozen, 100g Free

according to SW Online the aunt bessies is free on all plans x

oh they must have change the ingredients- i was looking at an older thread- from last year and they said there was butter in it or something

woo- guess who'll be going to asda tomorrow to get some carrot and swede mash :D

Definitely try roasted veg it has a different texture and taste, I do a tray of red onion peeled and quartered, peppers cut into strips, courgettes cut into strips, butternut squash cut into cubes, and sometimes I add tomatoes just thrown on squeeze over some lemon juice and a sprinkle of herbs de Provence abt five minutes before the end I add the lemon it gives it all a lemony flavour, the BNS sweetens everything up.
Try throwing on some par boiled new potatoes and serve with a pork chop/low fat sausages/ chicken breast and it's a lovely meal!

Just to add BNS is a bugger to cut up so either buy it prepared or buy more than you need and chop it all in one go, pop the rest in a zip lock bag and store in the fridge!

Just to add BNS is a bugger to cut up so either buy it prepared or buy more than you need and chop it all in one go, pop the rest in a zip lock bag and store in the fridge!

Thanks for the warning! I quite fancy trying bns etiher roasted or in a soup, will look out for some already cut up!

I love fruit & veg always have done just in the past I loved cake chips and chocolate more lol so it's been really easy for me . But you've done well :)

I'm not a veg fan either but have found that if I make a bolognaise sauce up with tinned toms, mushroom, onions, carotts, courgettes, chillis, peppers and anything else I can think of and then use the blender to blend it all up and then use that as my sauce base for pasta, BBQ sauce, tomato soup etc. It's got mountains of veg in it but I don't even realise. I do add extra veg then that I *do* like once I cook my meals but just incase I don't have the stomach for it that day I like to have hidden veg.

I made homemade soup yesterday and accidentally put too much curry powder in, so I blitzed it added some chicken and fresh chillis and more curry powder and it actually made a nice curry which had soooo much veg in it!

Good luck with getting your 1/3!

For dinner tonight ive just had
wedges
roast sweet potato
roast parsnip
roast butternut squash
roast shallot
ham
peas/sweetcorn/carrots/green beans :D
all syn free with some synned gravy on the top :D

YUM! im stuffed now.

the sweet potato was sooo nice, and i'll definitely do the BNS and shallots again, might need to try a different approach with the parsnips as they were still a but hard for my liking.

I also bought a hand blender! so shall hopefully be making some soups soon so i can get a lot of superfree food!

Thanks for everyones replys and tips :D:D

as Shirleen suggested I got some that was already prepared, it was cut up into really small bits though! so i found the largest ones to roast and try them, but I think the rest will be better off in a soup or mash :)

for the mash, would you just boil it as you would potatoes?! i dont make a lot of mash, i was a frozen chips girl :p

Yeah just boil it and mash it. I buy huge bags from costco to use in soups and curries etc , but if i buy whole bns i always leave the skin on as it tastes good roasted and disappears when you make soup etc

if you like the bns mash try the aunt bessie frozen swede and carrot mash so filling but all superfree.

Why not try and make a secret veg sauce. It doesn't even taste like veg when done and can be used with pasta, stews , mince and a load more.

Cook up a can of toms, celery, courgettes, peppers, garlic, sweetcorn, sweet potato or butternut, carrots. (Basically any veg you can lay your hand on). Until soft, season with salt pepper and herbs. Add a serving or two of parmesan cheese. And when cooled a bit, zap it in the food processor and do smooth or chunky to suit you and the dish you're doing.

I make loads and then freeze it for quick dishes.

Hi

I'm wasn't much of a veg fan. The veg I do really like is not superfree, peas & broadbeans. But since I've started SW, nearly a year ago, I've been trying new foods. I stared off with them cut up small in things but the more I do this the more I'm starting to like veg that I would not of brought before. Now I'm finding it much easier getting in my 1/3 superfree.

I thought you had to peel BNS! That's why I hate doing it!
LOL you live n learn!

For dinner tonight ive just had
wedges
roast sweet potato
roast parsnip
roast butternut squash
roast shallot
ham
peas/sweetcorn/carrots/green beans :D
all syn free with some synned gravy on the top :D

YUM! im stuffed now.

the sweet potato was sooo nice, and i'll definitely do the BNS and shallots again, might need to try a different approach with the parsnips as they were still a but hard for my liking.

I also bought a hand blender! so shall hopefully be making some soups soon so i can get a lot of superfree food!

Thanks for everyones replys and tips :D:D

Well done for trying some new things.

I just wanted to make sure that you were clear on which of these are superfree:

Butternut squash, carrots, green beans and shallots are all superfree.

Sweet potato, parsnips, peas and sweetcorn are not - you would have to syn them on original so they are not superfree.

You still had plenty of superfree in that meal, so no need to worry - just wanted to make sure you knew which was which for future reference (apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here!)

Well done for trying some new things.

I just wanted to make sure that you were clear on which of these are superfree:

Butternut squash, carrots, green beans and shallots are all superfree.

Sweet potato, parsnips, peas and sweetcorn are not - you would have to syn them on original so they are not superfree.

You still had plenty of superfree in that meal, so no need to worry - just wanted to make sure you knew which was which for future reference (apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here!)

As i dont eat that much meat i dont do orignial days so its all free on either EE or green days :D

As i dont eat that much meat i dont do orignial days so its all free on either EE or green days :D

Yes, that is right, its all free, it just that as you were worried you werent having enough SUPERfree I just wanted to check you knew that some of those you listed werent superfree.

Back