not enough water?

cammie girl

What would be the repercussions of not drinking enough? I sometimes don't. I know it makes my breath a bit more eeuuggh and I have more of a headache but anything else?

dehydration - and all that comes with it? lower losses?

You will lose less weight if you don't drink enough. I read somewhere that water is needed in the chemical process which converts the fat - but I haven't seen that anywhere since so I'm not sure how true it is. I certainly see a correlation between the amount I've drunk in the week and the amount of weight I lose.

I agree with Weasey. When I did LL a few years ago, we had to drink 4 litres of water a day. The fat just melted away! Then I went back to LL a couple of years later and they said drink 'enough', i.e. 2-3 litres and the weightloss wasn't as good. Right, time to top up my water...

I get really bad pains in my kidneys if i dont drink enough , I know it sounds stupid but I just forget
and when I get that pain I know I need to drink
I think long term you can get kidney stones which Ive heard are excruciatingly painful

heres the explaination that I found the easiest to understand

Your liver converts your stored fat to energy, this is how you lose fat.

Unfortunately, another of the liver’s responsibilities is to pick up the slack for the kidneys, because its helpful like that :D

If your kidney is deprived of water it doesnt do its jobs very well , and the liver ends up helping out the kidneys

So while its helping out the kidneys its not concentrating fully on its own jobs , one of which is converting your fat to energy

So do your liver a favour and keep your kidneys hydrated , so it can get on with its own job of burning your fat

hope that helps and hope its right , makes sense to me anyway

Last edited:
Can we all just remember to space the water thro the day? It's v dangerous to drink large amounts of water at one go.

Back