• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Not exactly Atkins...

S: 20st3lb C: 16st9lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 38.8 Loss: 3st8lb(17.67%)

AliGal

Rebooting - with vlcd, vegetables and more
S: 21st11lb C: 18st4lb G: 15st6lb BMI: 41.3 Loss: 3st7lb(16.07%)
Welcome to Minimins. That's definitely keto! That's how I started. I'm using a vlcd at the mo - and will go be keto when I'm at goal. Annie- annie_cambs.145149/ has joined Minimins too.

Atkins seems like a great place for keto-ers to post. Or join us in weight loss diaries or WeMITT (we mean it this time) - wherever you are comfortable. Mini and some others are keto-ers too.

Atkins simplified keto, keeping carbs low, protein at a level that uses up our fat and preserves muscle and makes out people must eat specific amounts of fat. The keto afficionados say that you only need to eat "fats to satiety" - ie fat helps you stay in ketosis - but you don't need to loads up on fat calories. https://www.dietdoctor.com/much-fat-eat-ketogenic-diet

Good luck and have fun.

I've done VLCD and Atkins before. They haven't really worked for me. I'm doing strict keto/OMAD and keeping my carbs below 10 nets a day. I feel awesome and I have loads of energy. Been on the plan since Mid Juneish, it's definitely a lifestyle change. I feel so much better.

So happy to hear you’re feeling great! It seems you’ve got this! Mid June! Wow sounds like you’ve found the right solution for you x
Thank you! I feel so positive about myself. I'm even enjoying buying new clothes! I normally hate shopping,

Awe that’s just the best feeling isn’t it? What did you buy? I would love to look into Keto more but I hate recording and measuring. Slow and steady works better for me. Wish I had the dedication

Awe that’s just the best feeling isn’t it? What did you buy? I would love to look into Keto more but I hate recording and measuring. Slow and steady works better for me. Wish I had the dedication
Just some new jeans and a couple of shirts. I don't really record of measure anything, just eat a huge plate of keto food once a day and drink too much water so I spend half of my life on the loo. :rolleyes:

That’s fab hun, just once a day? Are you not hungry the rest of the time? I’m doing intermittent fasting - only eating from 12-8 it’s working great for me.
It's a more pro longed version of intermittent fasting. I allow myself an hour eating window. I'm fat adapted so I rarely feel hungry. I struggle to eat most of my calories, but it is ideal since I eat on the go a lot and having one big meal out is so easy and I don't have to think about it.

Clareel

Gold Member
S: 16st8lb C: 11st13.8lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 4st8.2lb(27.67%)
Hi there I am also doing keto, I eat a lot of fat though. Just hit a 4.5stone loss although lost around 1 stone just CC and fasting before I discovered keto. I agree about the energy, it's amazing isn't it. I don't miss carbs at all :classic_big_grin:

Looks like you are doing great so far, best of luck with reaching your goal!

Hi there I am also doing keto, I eat a lot of fat though. Just hit a 4.5stone loss although lost around 1 stone just CC and fasting before I discovered keto. I agree about the energy, it's amazing isn't it. I don't miss carbs at all :classic_big_grin:

Looks like you are doing great so far, best of luck with reaching your goal!
Thank you and 4.5 stone is fantastic! I'm 3lbs away from your starting weight. I have forever to go.