Not exactly Atkins...

JustForMe

Gold Member
I'm doing a Atkins variant. I'm doing Keto without as much as the fats. Hopefully it's cool to post here, I don't know where else to go!

Welcome to Minimins. That's definitely keto! That's how I started. I'm using a vlcd at the mo - and will go be keto when I'm at goal. Annie- annie_cambs.145149/ has joined Minimins too.

Atkins seems like a great place for keto-ers to post. Or join us in weight loss diaries or WeMITT (we mean it this time) - wherever you are comfortable. Mini and some others are keto-ers too.

Atkins simplified keto, keeping carbs low, protein at a level that uses up our fat and preserves muscle and makes out people must eat specific amounts of fat. The keto afficionados say that you only need to eat "fats to satiety" - ie fat helps you stay in ketosis - but you don't need to loads up on fat calories. https://www.dietdoctor.com/much-fat-eat-ketogenic-diet

Good luck and have fun.

I've done VLCD and Atkins before. They haven't really worked for me. I'm doing strict keto/OMAD and keeping my carbs below 10 nets a day. I feel awesome and I have loads of energy. Been on the plan since Mid Juneish, it's definitely a lifestyle change. I feel so much better.

So happy to hear you’re feeling great! It seems you’ve got this! Mid June! Wow sounds like you’ve found the right solution for you x
Thank you! I feel so positive about myself. I'm even enjoying buying new clothes! I normally hate shopping,

Awe that’s just the best feeling isn’t it? What did you buy? I would love to look into Keto more but I hate recording and measuring. Slow and steady works better for me. Wish I had the dedication

Awe that’s just the best feeling isn’t it? What did you buy? I would love to look into Keto more but I hate recording and measuring. Slow and steady works better for me. Wish I had the dedication
Just some new jeans and a couple of shirts. I don't really record of measure anything, just eat a huge plate of keto food once a day and drink too much water so I spend half of my life on the loo. :rolleyes:

That’s fab hun, just once a day? Are you not hungry the rest of the time? I’m doing intermittent fasting - only eating from 12-8 it’s working great for me.

That’s fab hun, just once a day? Are you not hungry the rest of the time? I’m doing intermittent fasting - only eating from 12-8 it’s working great for me.

It's a more pro longed version of intermittent fasting. I allow myself an hour eating window. I'm fat adapted so I rarely feel hungry. I struggle to eat most of my calories, but it is ideal since I eat on the go a lot and having one big meal out is so easy and I don't have to think about it.

Hi there I am also doing keto, I eat a lot of fat though. Just hit a 4.5stone loss although lost around 1 stone just CC and fasting before I discovered keto. I agree about the energy, it's amazing isn't it. I don't miss carbs at all :classic_big_grin:

Looks like you are doing great so far, best of luck with reaching your goal!

Hi there I am also doing keto, I eat a lot of fat though. Just hit a 4.5stone loss although lost around 1 stone just CC and fasting before I discovered keto. I agree about the energy, it's amazing isn't it. I don't miss carbs at all :classic_big_grin:

Looks like you are doing great so far, best of luck with reaching your goal!

Thank you and 4.5 stone is fantastic! I'm 3lbs away from your starting weight. I have forever to go.

Hi!

I know this is an old thread but just wondered if you ladies are still around and still keto? I've been keto since June last year and love it. On a bit of a stall at the moment so might mix things up a bit but I'm so much happier than at my heavier weight I'm not too worried if the rest is really slow.

Actually, being able to maintain with such ease is a revelation after years of yo-yoing!

Hi!

I know this is an old thread but just wondered if you ladies are still around and still keto? I've been keto since June last year and love it. On a bit of a stall at the moment so might mix things up a bit but I'm so much happier than at my heavier weight I'm not too worried if the rest is really slow.

Actually, being able to maintain with such ease is a revelation after years of yo-yoing!

I've had a rough couple of months. I'm back on Keto again and just weighed in at 219. :)

Could not agree more! I have been messing around since the start of the year, had a few weekends away, birthday etc and weight was up a bit - back down now and I'm determined to get to a 5 stone loss. Absolutely love this WOE and will stay low carb for life.

I have a diary (link in my signature) if you want to drop by!

Hi everyone, I’m also on keto but have really not been great since start of the year so trying to get going again. I used to be on minis years ago when doing Cambridge by it seems like my profile isn’t here anymore so I’ve created a new one. Claireel im on my iPhone so I think I can’t see your diary link. I tried to follow you to find it that way but still couldn’t 🤷‍♀️ What’s it called?

Hi Boots! Welcome, Dairy is called 'Clareel means it this time' but it's in the silver members section so you wont be able to see it until you have 500 posts. Do you have a diary? I'll pop by there if so. I have had a shocking 2 weeks and weight is almost a stone up, after getting to a 5 stone loss not so long ago. Very annoyed with myself but back on track as of today, hopefully will see the scales drop a few lb once I'm back in ketosis.

How long have you been keto for? What are your goals?

Hi Clareel - this is boots11...when i got in to work this morning I remembered I'd registered with my work email!!! Doh...so this is my original account which obv has more posts :) I have an old diary but going to start a new one to discuss keto. Nice to "meet " you all

Hi all, got more time now. Sitting in the hairdressers so was a good time for some minimums browsing. My ticker is out of date also need to figure how to up date it all.

So I have around a stone to lose. I know that might not sound much but I’m very short so even a few pounds can be the difference of a dress size. I’m currently 9st 8 and would ideally like to be 8st 8. But if I can just get to 9 for this year and maintain over the summer and my holidays I will be really happy. I seem to not be able to get beyond 9st 3. Is like my body just likes that weight but unfortunately I don’t! I have quite short legs so can appear quite dumpy unless I’m in really high heels as my legs are always the last to lose the weight. I joined minis a few years back when I was on a vlcd. It worked really well for me but I just never got the lifestyle change right afterwards to just tend to go up and down.

I used to hover around 8st 10 about ten years ago without any effort. Then I had a break up, went on antidepressants and ballooned up to almost 11 stone. On my frame and with my build it was really not a good look and I was totally miserable. The only thing that worked was vlcd.

Anyway fast forward a good few years. I live with my partner (a different one :) )and he loves keto too which is great. We started last January when I was 10st 3. I very quickly and easily got down to 9st 5 and then would lose and gain the same pound. Towards the end of last summer I was being very lazy with the diet but still managing to maintain. Over Christmas I went up to 9st 10. Have just got back on track last week and I’m at 9st 8 right now. I’m hoping being on here might keep me honest haha.

I like to do intermittent fasting and since being on keto I find it pretty easy to do one meal a day.

Oops hit reply too soon. Anyway that’s me pretty much done anyway. My life story lol! Off to read everyone’s diaries now. I only have 200 posts so can’t access the silver area yet.

PS clareel, sorry to hear about your recent gain. You’ll know yourself that some of that will be water and hopefully you’ll see a good loss once your back in ketosis...

Back