not feeling well

suemal

On day 6 of ss and just don't feel well.I'm a bit light headed and wozzy.I feel sick and not with it.Came on very heavy yesterday,normally chocolate and sugar helps.Any suggestions.I am drinking lots of water.

Poor thing you must be feeling Awful , all i can say is get some rest !! It will pass

Oh dear, poor you. I'd just get plenty of rest. Keep you fluid intake up too.

Hope you feel better soon.

I am nearly at the second week and get that feeling from time to time. Overwhelming. Just take deep breaths. ( I go into the lavatory if i am at work just to get a liitle time alone ) and DRINK MORE WATER. I ignored that advice last time thinking, "Oh, I'm fine, i dont need all that water" This time i have drank and drank and drank and have lost weight quicker and find it much easier too.

I often feel like that if I have had a bath and need water to help me come round. Can you split your packs up so you feel like you are having something to eat?? And hot drinks sometimes help as it just feels like you are having something more than water.

I'm not hungry just a bit crappy.i think i need a cup of tea,but i can't drink it without milk.do you think if i have one with a splash of milk it would take me out of ketosis.I'm missing tea more than food.

Well, don't quote me on this, but a splash of skimmed milk shouldn't do too much harm, it shouldn't take you out of ketosis I don't think.

But I'd maybe wait for a CDCs advise!

I am only on day 3 this time round but did CD last year,I felt like that sometimes but would just drink more water than ever and try to rest and have some quiet time taking some deap breaths.Personally I would try not to have the tea with milk in,I did it once after a very long shift at work but although it didn't effect my weight loss that week nor did it send me out of ketosis (i don't think anyway) I can say it started me on a very slippery slope and then had the odd cup of tea with milk,which then went on to a piece of veg etc etc as I felt safe to do so as the first cup didn't harm me,does that make sense?.I don't like sugar or sweetner in a normal cup of tea but when drinking it black I have it pretty weak with a sweetner in and it tastes alot better.HTH a little CDdietgalx

My CDC advised putting a bit of cold water in the cup with the teabag before putting in the hot water to stop the tea getting scalded, as its that that makes it bitter. Not sure if thats the case, but I have learnt to live with black tea and I lurve my tea!! I didn't like it at first but after a few days I think your taste changes so keep trying every couple of days.

I had to stop drinking coffee because of no milk. Switched to black teas. I know it's so hard but I would not do the skim milk - the slippery slope thing.

Good luck making the transition.

Pam
week 1: -8.5 lb
week 2: -4 lb

I found it hard to give up my milky drinks too.
I am on four packs a day, so have three packs and use a tetra as a fourth. I add chocolate to coffee and banana to tea, sometimes just add hot water to make hot chocolate. I find I can get four drinks from a tetra and I like them quite milky.

Could this be an option?

Alternatively some vanilla shake either powder form, or I have made it up and froze it into an ice cube tray and added two or three lumps to a cup of tea.

Try it and see, if it will keep you on track, it may be worth a go.

Hope you feel better soon :)

My CDC advised putting a bit of cold water in the cup with the teabag before putting in the hot water to stop the tea getting scalded, as its that that makes it bitter. Not sure if thats the case, but I have learnt to live with black tea and I lurve my tea!! I didn't like it at first but after a few days I think your taste changes so keep trying every couple of days.

That's exactly what my CDC advised me - and I can drink nearly 500ml cuppa now xxxx

Back