not got alot of weight to lose.. is CD for me?

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could have some
advice. I am currently 12.3 and my healthy weight range falls between 8.8 and 11.3 (if I remember rightly). I have been looking at alot of success stories about people who have been on CD and lost a good amount
of weight. I am currently on slimming world and I'm not sure if it's working for
me, I go on holiday in 12 weeks and I am
beginning to think a diet like CD could get me to my target of about 10.7 for when I go. Is there anyone out there who has lost approx 18lb to meet target? I'm not sure if there is a minimum amount of weight you have to lose on it, can anyone clarify? Sorry for rambling on!

Thanks in advance,
Alli x

Hi Lentil,

Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to give it a try, can I ask if it was your decision to only stick to sole source for a week or was it because your weight came
to the bmi of 25 plus 14lb? I checked again and my healthy weight is 8.8 to 10.10, so really if thats the case then I would only be on sole source for a week
or two also. Well done on your losses this far!

Thanks again
Alli x

my cons actually said you can stay on ss as long as you like as long as u start with a bmi over 25. i started a stone heavier than you at 13.3 and i want to get to 9.7.

my cons actually said you can stay on ss as long as you like as long as u start with a bmi over 25. i started a stone heavier than you at 13.3 and i want to get to 9.7.

then your consultant told you wrong. when you reach bmi 25 you must move up to 810 as you need the extra protien
check the cambridge website, the instructions are on there

then your consultant told you wrong. when you reach bmi 25 you must move up to 810 as you need the extra protien
check the cambridge website, the instructions are on there

Thanks for your info, I did think that. So when I reach a BMI of 25 (10.10) then I would move to 810.

I have been looking on this forum all yesterday and today for little bits of advice..think i'm going to see and give it a go.. Scared :confused: !!

Thanks for your info, I did think that. So when I reach a BMI of 25 (10.10) then I would move to 810.

I have been looking on this forum all yesterday and today for little bits of advice..think i'm going to see and give it a go.. Scared :confused: !!

yep once you hit bmi 25 you move to 810. you can then if you wish stay on 810 till goal before moving up the plans or you can work up the plans as you approach goal weight

see thats what i thought thats why I asked her. mind my 25 bmi is only 9lb from goal so i will be ready for 810 then i think

Hi Lentil,

Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to give it a try, can I ask if it was your decision to only stick to sole source for a week or was it because your weight came
to the bmi of 25 plus 14lb? I checked again and my healthy weight is 8.8 to 10.10, so really if thats the case then I would only be on sole source for a week
or two also. Well done on your losses this far!

Thanks again
Alli x

Yes that's exactly why I moved up the plan because of my BMI.
The reason why you need the extra protein once you reach a BMI of 25 is obviously, you don't have as much fat to burn and your body will start using lean muscle tissue. So you need the extra protein, so it can use that instead!

Sounds good to me!

Emailed three consultants this morning, hope one of them gets back to me on Monday so I can get started :) x

Back