Not Happy :( Weight gain Implanon??

leannemarie28

That mars bar aint love..
Ok so i put on 2lbs this week :(
I am not happy. I have done so well the only thing i can think of is 3 glasses of wine on Friday. HOWEVER i had no syns apart from that! I checked most of the food i have been eating all free....hmphhhhhh.

All i can think of is that i am on * week. But im on star week for the third time since October. I am SO fed up with it, I experience RIDICULOUS mood swings so much to the point that i thought i had Bi polar. I am high as a kite one min then rock bottom the next.
My boobs are constantly sore and have grown. I am constantly bloated then it goes. Tuesday i had a MASSIVE migrane had to leave work early...I just feel really really low.

Has anyone else had problems with the Implant?? i want it OUT!!! x Rant over.

I had problems with depo injection I put on about 2 stone after 1st injection, I never had a second and found it impossible to shift the weight I was a 8-10 and ballooned to a 14

I it is making you unhappy make a appointment to have it removed, don't let them tell you it will settle it might not

Oh hun, just a thought could you be pregnant?
Also could you be due on?
Are you feeling under the weather and could be coming down with something?
do you have any food intolences?
Are you drinking enough water?
ARe you going to the toilet?

Unfortunately I think the list could go on, why don't you try and stick to it for another week, write every thing down that you eat, including every dressing etc and see how you go.

Yes think i am going to :( it really is rubbish! they suggest taking the pill aswel to stop the bleeding!! its like NOOOOOOOO MOOOREEEEE HORMOOOONNEEESS lol.

Hello Erinyes. I hope i am not pregnant lol!!! But yeh thats the thing there is so much to consider :( Where do you start?! yeh im gonna go military this week and write down EVERYTHING!!!!! Hopefully it should work :( are you doing slimming world?? x

Hi,

I have just had my implanon removed! Many of the same problems except mine made me physically sick on the first day of each period! Put on weight too :cry:Since having it out two weeks or so ago I feel 100% better!

It astounds me that in this day and age when so much is possible that we can't find a contraceptive that doesn't mess with a womans body so much!

Hi Leanne Marie

I had my weigh in this morning and I've put on 2lb as well. I am hormonal this week too and suffer the same mood swings, but I'm not on any contraceptive. Has this only just started since you had the implant? I am totally irrational and tearful for at least three days before I come on and have the most horrid rows with everybody in the house!!! I have heard that Evening Primrose Oil is meant to be good but I haven't tried it. Anyway keep perserving with the diet and good luck with this week coming. I'm off to bash my head against a brick wall, scream at the brick wall and then burst in to tears!!!
:sigh:

Reading all your posts just makes me realise how lucky I really am. I've also got implanon & never had:-
Weight Gain
Mood Swings
Irregular bleeding
Periods

Hey no wonder I've had it for c17years :)

Just something I though of, are you eating enough syns & free food?

Hope it all goes ok, but I would give SW & Implanon a fair chance.

Hey! Yeh ive been on implanon for a year now. First 6 months were fab no periods no mood swings GREAT! Only thing i noticed was the weight gain! not horrific weight gain but i am a emotional eater/binger so having something mess with my emotions results in my apetite being messed with too.

I have booked in with my doctor its coming out tomorrow 11.30am. Yay! hopefully all will return to normal. I am a bit gutted becasue for me the implant was great! no need to worry about Condoms (in a steady long term r.ship lol) or pill taking etc. But i have given it a go and reached break point. That was last night when i gained 2lbs. its like FFS!!! i went through all the foods i have been eating they seem to be correct. I have Green days i know people say try red but for me red = Diet as i would be cutting out something i love :( so i think it MUST be the implant....we shall see :) xx

You could try nuvoring - Im on it and I find it brilliant, no pills and less side effects than the injection or implant. The pill sends me a bit mad and I find this better.

*hugs* to you hun, but totm can so easily make you gain 2lbs.

A couple of things spring to mind though, you said you hadn't had any syns except your wine, you should have at least 5 syns a day and that most of your food was free food - what about your A's and B's?

Like I said, 2lb is easy done due to nasty hormones but stick to the plan 100% and with no totm next week and you should lose loads.

Good luck. xx

Yeh well hopefully it should improve! No i havnt really been having syns guess i will do from now! keep it all together! so could me not having syns have caused a gain? x

I would love to know if you can gain if you do not have your syns...im in the same position........i have like zero a day,, maybe 20 a week max

Your syns are there for a healthy balanced diet as are your Hea's & Heb's so although omitting them may not alone make you gain, your body won't thank you for it and you'll struggle to lose. Fibre and certain fats (found in dairy) help fat through your system therefore help weight loss.

*hugs* to you hun, but totm can so easily make you gain 2lbs.

A couple of things spring to mind though, you said you hadn't had any syns except your wine, you should have at least 5 syns a day and that most of your food was free food - what about your A's and B's?

Like I said, 2lb is easy done due to nasty hormones but stick to the plan 100% and with no totm next week and you should lose loads.

Good luck. xx

Totally with Jaylou. I find the more i eat (within plan of course) and have my full syns and HEx's the better i lose. Try and do a week having all your syns and writing everything down. The other thing is to look at your weight loss over a month or so and not by week, it feels much better when you say i lost 6lbs last month rather than i gained 2lb this week.

I would love to know if you can gain if you do not have your syns...im in the same position........i have like zero a day,, maybe 20 a week max
Eat the syns! You'll feel too restricted if you don't and it'll be harder to drop then when you're near target if you're not having them now!

Thankyou for all your replies! Right im off to get some syns! hahaha!! xxxx

Back