Not happy :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by miss_emmajane, 6 July 2009 Social URL.

1. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Went to weigh in tonight and I have only lost 1lb .. I stuck to plan and I did more exercise .. I even went for a run :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ErinsMummy

ErinsMummy Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ahhh no hate it when that happens but its a loss not a gain and its in the right direction, there are a few factors that can make something like that happen eg time of the month etc. You may find that it comes off next week depending on how your body works. My mum tends to have tiny weight losses of a pound or less 3/4 weeks then that last week she will loose 5/6 pounds x

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    1lb is a very respectable weight loss for a week. It's a couple of blocks of butter!
    I think it's easy to have unrealistic expectations when you're desperate to lose and see people on TV losing masses in a week. But realistically 1-2lb is a very healthy weight loss that can be maintained over the long-term.

5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    It's a weight loss however small, you will find that your body will adjust and you may get a bigger loss next week, well done.

6. JoJosing

JoJosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(30.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Miss EmmaJane,

Take that pound put it with all the other pounds you have lost/will loose and think of this as a long distance run not a sprint. It dosent really matter how long it takes to get there as long as you get to your chosen destintion.

7. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    1lb is actually quite weighty, you should be pleased hun!

8. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That only lonely 1lb is 1lb closer to target, I can understand being disappointed, but it is better off than on! 1lb a week is nearly 4st a year! The safest, healthiest and best way is to lose 1-2lbs per week :)

Keep up the fabulous work!

9. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aw thank you everyone :) Its so nice to come on here and feel supported even when I was disappointed .. gets me right back on board and in the mind set to keep on at it - thanks! x

10. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    When you up your exercise you will retain water in your muscles, it's only temporary! It will even itself out. Theres a good thread on the exercise bit by a personal trainer that explains it very well. In the meantime, get your tape measure out as you will be losing inches, the weight will catch up later as your metabolism increases.

11. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
  12. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

As the others have said, a pound is fab - squiddie is quite right, it's nearly 4 stone in a year. We expect so much when we lose weight, it didn't go on over night so we can't expect to lose it overnight.

Upping your exercise will not make it drop off super fast, it will not double your weight loss. My consultant told us it will account for about an extra stone a year which is only a pound a month (or therabouts) so 1/4 lb a week. Exercise will tone you up and make you feel better but don't expect miracles from it on the weight loss front.

A pound is great, it's the SW "perfect pound" - keep losing them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.