Not impressed Slimming World :(

The credit for my weight loss certainly does not go to a specific weight loss programme but it me.

There's what you need to focus on... not a certificate. YOU know you've lost x amount and when you're at target have lost over 100lbs... YOU are the most important person and ultimately the one who is going to care the most.

If WW isn't suiting your needs any more and you think SW will then give it a go... it would be silly not to just because you won't get a certain certificate.

One of the ladies at my group got to target by losing 7lbs with SW however she had lost a lot more weight before joining the group which our consultant acknowledged in front of the group.

Also try and think of it from SW's point of view... if they allowed someone to 'carry over' their weight loss from another plan they could be accused of deceiving people.

just have a tshirt printed that says 'ive already lost 100lb' and wear to your next sw meeting.:cool:

congrats on your weight loss, it is a HUGE achievement, but dont let the fact that it wont be 'recognised' by people you are yet to meet govern the future of your weight loss success.

Just to echo what everyone else has said. I absolutely understand the desire to hit that 100lb landmark. My consultant kept saying I should call target but I wanted to get make that 100lb first. That said, your previous weight loss is not going to suddenly vanish because you change clubs. You will always know and there will be lots of opportunities to mention your weight loss journey during image therapy. But i think you need to take the long term view and look at the potential benefits you will get for the rest of your life rather than focussing on this small negative. And to be fair if I was to change to WW now I doubt they would allow me to retain my history either x

Why not do both? Carry on going to WW to get that certificate; meanwhile also go to SW for the specific diet you need. Best of both worlds.

As Anna has said, do both for the time it will take to achieve the 100lb certificate!, when you have it then switch to SW completely....
Pete (I have reached the 100lb club)

Have a quiet word with the consultant she can put ur overall loss in ur target certificate n at her discretion give u a certificate for total loss xxx

To be honest I cant see sw or a consultant doing much to recognise the ww weight loss - the last thing they want is someone sitting in class and everyone asking how they lost the first 85lb and finding out it was with "the rivals"

Congratulations on your weight loss so far

Unless you are going to wear the cert round your neck then I can't see what difference it makes. You are your own walking advert to the amount of weigh you have lost. There will only be the people who knew you at your heaviest who will be able to see how amazing you have done. No one else matters. It's not like if you say to people I've lost 100lbs they are going to call you a liar and demand to see proof!
Go with an eating plan that suits you the best. The one you can lose the rest of your weight with and keep it off.
As people above have said you could still go to WW while doing the SW plan, but I think thats is cheating a bit TBH. Good luck with your continuing journey no matter which plan you choose.

Well done on the weight loss with WW. I think, if SW won't start at 100lbs weight loss from before, then just start afresh with SW and each time you have a loss with SW you can add that to the total you lost at WW. If that makes sense.

Why not stay with WW til 100 but eat SW instead? Do they check up on you?

I have read this thread with interest and it's quite difficult to add to what's already been said by everyone else. I can see for some people, the importance of having something for their achievements - the awards. I can understand this must feel somewhat like a physical reward for your hard work, something to motivate you on your journey and a way of showing others how well you've done. I really don't think there is anything wrong with that if that's what works for you, however, this needs to be put into perspective. What this all boils down to (and I think this has already been said) is what is most important to you, struggling with a plan that isn't really working for you anymore but getting the certificates or losing the weight on a great plan which would probably suit your gluten free diet and getting to where you want to be? I can see you are miffed that SW will not acknowledge your previous weight loss with WW, but you need to think about this logically, you can't go into Sainsbury's and spend your Tesco Clubcard points can you? Instead of focusing on the negative, you need to focus on the positive. You can join SW, learn a whole new way of slimming, meet new friends, get new awards and see this as a new challenge. You already have those fantastic awards from WW and they will never be taken away from you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do :)

Last edited:
Its really down to you to decide which is more important to you right now. Is it the 'official' 100lb certificate or being able to switch to a plan that suits your dietary requirements? You know that SW won't recognise weight loss before joining them, and however aggrieved you may feel by that it won't change. Its your decision to make about what makes you happy now.

Thanks for all your comments. I know it is silly but for me it is a stumbling block (I have Aspergers which I suspect may be behind my mindset) but don't hold it against me :)

Anyway, I've decided that I need to focus on a plan that fits with my new gluten-free diet and so I've switched to SW.

Thanks for all your comments. I know it is silly but for me it is a stumbling block (I have Aspergers which I suspect may be behind my mindset) but don't hold it against me :)

Anyway, I've decided that I need to focus on a plan that fits with my new gluten-free diet and so I've switched to SW.

I used to know someone with Aspergers, so your mind set definitely makes more sense now. Someone suggested staying with WW along side SW, following the SW plan, but keep going to WW till you hit you 100 target, that could be an idea.

Either way, you will always know what an achievement you've accomplished.

:)

Definitely can't afford to do both.

You've done amazing. I would want my award too

I would deffo keep checking in with ww and switch to sw. Dosent have to cost you a penny- lots do sw from home

Wishing you luck with your healthy journey whatever decision you make hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yay

Welcome to Slimming World :)

Back