not in ketosis

Hi, I lost 7lb in the 1st week which I know is good. However, I know I lost this by day 5 and have not lost anything since (3 more days). My ketosis stick never changes colour. I am 100% sticking to it religiously. I am not that overweight (now about a stone). I don't feel ill, light headed or hungry. I am more worried that i havent lost in 3 days than about the stick. I am not pre menstural.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so did the weight loss start again?

I am now as of today, starting to exercise.

What's your BMI?

If it's 25 you shouldn't be even trying to be in ketosis, maybe your body is refusing to lose weight because it's not getting enough carbs for your BMI, if that makes sense.

Everyone has plateaus and we keep going through them, and we find that half the time, we lose inches where we don't lose lbs.

Stick at it :)

However, I know I lost this by day 5 and have not lost anything since (3 more days). I am more worried that i havent lost in 3 days than about the stick.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so did the weight loss start again?
I really wouldn't worry about going a few days without losing any weight. I personally can go 6 days without losing anything then drop 3-4lbs on the morning of the 7th day (I think my body thinks it's funny to play tricks on me and hold it back until weigh in!). Losing 7lbs in your first week (well done girlie by the way!) when you only have a stone and a half to lose is a lot for your body to deal with so it will take a few days for your body to realise that this is how it's going to be for a while.
You need to look at your weight losses on a weekly or monthly basis or you'll drive yourself nutty hun!

HI, by now I think it would be around 27. I am 12.3 now and want to be around 10.5-11. am quite tall and at that weight I am a comfortable size 12 which at my age and build is fine for me.

I am weighing daily and now it has stuck for 3 days in a row i am getting disheartened. I am on sole source.

Looking at your weights you arent that overweight either. How are you finding it?

That's another point - home weighing!
If you don't mind when you haven't lost anything, it's perfectly fine.
I know I steped on the scales this morning and haven't lost since yesterday, and I think, well ho hum, maybe I'll drink some more water today.

BUT - if it makes you upset, please please please do yourself a favour and put them away! Get someone to hide them or lock them away or something :p

I'm 1.5 stone above BMI 25.
I expect my losses to slow down soon and when they do I shall move up to SS+, then 810 and so on.

In fact on the 6th July I'm going away and HAVE to eat one meal per day, so I will choose that as my day to start SS+.

Being not that overweight, we don't get the spectacular losses other people do, but obviously it takes us much less time to get to goal :)

I am seeing my old best friend on 19/7 who I havent seen since i put on weight. My aim is to have lost 1.5 stone in total by then. I will have been on it for 6 weeks by then, which my counsellor said was achievable. You are right about the weighing. At first when it was falling off it was motivating me but now it is just bugging.

WHen you say you are going to 810, does that mean you introduce a meal? I feel too scared to start eating again!

You know you'll have to eat eventually.
SS+ is 3 shakes and a meal, 810 is 3 shakes and a bigger meal.

How much water are you drinking?
Alot of people say that if you drink more than the 2.5 litres then you lose the weight faster.

Alot of people say that if you drink more than the 2.5 litres then you lose the weight faster.
That's actually the minimum you need to drink a day on this diet in order to flush out the ketones!
You tend to find that the people who lose a fair bit each week are on 4 litres plus a day.

I probably don't drink enough but during the weekdays i am in quite a serious job with a lot of meetings so I am drinking what I can but can't go too mad and spend all day in the loo!

I am drinking water and perfectly clear strawberry, which the counsellor recommended.

I am drinking water and perfectly clear strawberry, which the counsellor recommended.
If you're wanting your weight to go as quickly as possible I'd stick just to water as some people can be sensitive to the acids in things like perfectly clear. I know it's nice to have something other than water but is it worth risking it? Have you tried the CD water flavouring?

Hi, she said I couldnt have that until a further week. One other thing, on my 1st meeting I got measured as well as weighed but didnt get measured last week. Should this be weekly?
Also, does you counsellor counsell or just sell you the packs and weigh you?

Do try not to worry. My stix never once showed me to be in ketosis, but I know I was.

Also my weight would stay the same for days and then just drop (usually on weigh day which scared the life out of me :D)

As for the perfectly clear, you shouldn't really have it at all and the CD water flavours strictly speaking shouldn't be until week 3.

If your concerned about not being in ketosis, or your weight not budging, it would be best to knock them the perfectly clear on the head and stick to water as kellymundy suggests.:)

My CDC always asks how things are going and we usually have a little chat. The reason they dont measure every week is because at some point in time you will reach a plateau with your weight loss but probably loose inches instead. It acts as an extra incentive if you get down by not loosing as many pounds. Good Luck :)

I am happy to give up the perfectly clear. I am not really that into it. The counsellor said to have it as it had malic acid. This week i have changed from 2 shakes, a soup and a brik to 3 shakes and a bar. However, the weight had stalled before this change.

Well done on keeping your weight off for so long.

I just hink I misunderstood the term counsellor. I looked into lighter life and wasnt keen on the sound of the group counselling so someone suggested this as it was one to one counselling. I feel like it is more like going to a shop. I may pay for some private counselling as all my over eating is stress related and I dont want to do it again.

Ah, I just wondering about the 4 packs etc a day. My councellor is brilliant at the councilling side of thing to. Whenever I go she tells me to stay as long as I want and we talk through any problem or questions I have about the diet.
If that's what you need to deal with your demons so to speak have you tried mentioning it to your CDC? If they don't do that kind of thing have you thought about looking at other CDC's in the area (mines in northend if you can get there)?

Back