Not long now until freedom from food!

Jadey

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker for some time, trying to decide whether or not to give Exante a go. I feel as though I know you all already. You are doing brilliantly and you've been so motivating.

I finally made the leap to order the 4 week bumper pack after logging on to Facebook on Wednesday night, seeing a photo I'd been tagged in taken over Christmas and bursting in to tears. I could not believe the fat girl in the photo was me!

In that moment right there I promised myself that I'd stop living half a life controlled by food. I don't recognise myself when I look in the mirror, my clothes don't fit, I don't make an effort with my hair or make up anymore, and I'm sick of making excuses not to do things or not go to places because I'm ashamed of how I look.
(Sorry about the rant guys, I'm pretty mad at myself right now because I can't believe I've stopped having pride in myself).

I've done VLCDs before, CD and LT, both times with disappointing results as I talked myself out of the diets by telling myself it was unsafe and unnatural not to consume proper food. I now realise nothing could be further from the truth because it's food that's done this to me and I can't wait to be free from food!

I have a history of weight issues thanks to an addiction to takeaways, chocolate and crisps (to name a few) and I was also diagnosed with an under-active thyroid 2 years ago and PCOS last year....thanks to the above I hit 20 stone in Jan 2009 and after finding the right medication, in Jan 2010 I weighed in at 16 stone and now, today in Jan 2011 I'm back up to 18 stone. I'm heartbroken but I will do it this time, I can't be 20 stone again.

So hello everyone! I'm Jade and I'm absolutely terrified!.....it's Day 1 tomorrow, wish me luck!!

xxx

Aw, good luck Jade, I hope this is the one. Look forward to seeing 'less' of you.

Hi Jade, nothing to be terrified of, you know what it is all about and you certainly know where you want to be. We have all had the addictions you have had so you are not alone there. This forum is a godsend and do not hesitate in coming on here. The support is amazing when time get tough and everyone needs support. Support from you is also needed, so it is now time to have some fun and watch the weight drop off.

Ahhh welcome to Exante!! :D :D Good luck!!! This forum is the best place for information and inspiration xx

aww thank guys :) I'm really excited and reading your posts over the past couple of weeks has really helped to get my head in the right place. It won't be a chore this time because I want to do it, I can't wait to not have to worry about fat, carbs, protein, points, calories, etc etc anymore!
and if there's anything you need, be it a shoulder to cry on or a kick up the a**e you can bet I'll be on hand to assist!
One more sleep then it's Exante time! xxx

Welcome here Jade, I think a lot of us can relate to your post I certainly do. I also talked myself out of CD, saying it is not healthy, like my own eating habits were any healthier!
I think you found your right time to start, so best of luck you can do it.

Back