Not losing weight but following the plan!!!! Help Plse

sabz

hi everyone.....so its been a week and ive started personal training, the trainer has given me a low carb plan to follow.
Ive been working out for a week but nothing major hes started off with gentle exercise but a few days in and i had lost 5lb and lost 2.5 inches from my waist.As the week went by I have gained a few pounds and my body feels very heavy and my face is all puffy (i can usually tell ive lost weight as the shape in my face changes)
Ive not cheated and followed the plan but dont understand why I have gained weight even though im hardly eating much compared to what i was before.

Has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

Are you drinking enough water ? "Sorry" are you going to the loo regularly ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, I'm not sure about the grams but I can tell you what I'm having

I have a palm sized steak or two eggs for breakfast

Lunch- two chicken home made kofta kebabs containing green chillies and other spices

Around 4pm- some chicken homemade chicken wings with spices no coating

Dinner - two or three home made kebabs

Sometimes my meal might contain some green veg.

Around 4litres of water.

And training at the gym 4 times a week and its Mostly weights and strength training

And 30min walk in the morning

I think Perhaps you need some more veg in your meals, not just meat. Some salad and veg is important.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello Sabz, I'm no expert but I've heard it said that weight training and certain excersise can build muscle, which weighs heavier than the fat you are losing. You are probably losing and toning up at the same time, but the weighing scales won't show it. Its happened to me. Try measuring yourself and see if this shows a reduction. Keep up the good work though, you'll get there!

Hi JMC,

I have lost inches, 4 around my waist and 1.5 around my legs,my stomach is flatter.
It's just the stupid scales are still stuck in one place. My trainer has said that he doesn't go by the scales and measure body fat and inches but for me motivation is when I see the scales going down.
So what happened with you? When did u start seeing it on the scales? I've just started my third week following this plan and training.sometimes I do have a slice of toast but surely that won't make my weight stay the same will it?

Hello Sabz, I'm no expert but I've heard it said that weight training and certain excersise can build muscle, which weighs heavier than the fat you are losing. You are probably losing and toning up at the same time, but the weighing scales won't show it. Its happened to me. Try measuring yourself and see if this shows a reduction. Keep up the good work though, you'll get there!
I was just going to say that. The thing is meat is very high in protein which helps u to have energy for the excercices. But at the same time protein helps (while excercising) build up muscles (even not seen ones) and them weight more than fat. So the result is u r losing fat from ur body but the scale doesnt move because u r gaining muscles weight. I have been told to not go gym untill i lose most of the weight i want because the weight lose slowes down when u excercising because u losing fat but gaining muscles

Hi
i think you are doing some light weight training as well.Always remember when you first lost weight those where the extra fats in your body which where burnt and converted into muscle in your body hence you are gaining muscle weight which will not make you look fat but it will make you look fit .

Back