Not losing weight!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Laulau2305

Hi, Iv been doing this now for 3 weeks 4 days. I lost 9lbs in my first week. The 2nd week I put on 2lbs I was ok with that (kind of!) Because I was on my period. So I gave it the benefit of the doubt. The 3rd week I maintained! To say I was gutted is an understatement! I weigh myself daily (scales are the same as the consultants) I have not lost 1lb!! I have stuck to it 100% iv had bars, ready mades, soups, shakes etc. I haven't really found it hard. I'm doing 1b. No food just products. I drink allots the water. At times its tortured me when my kids are having pizza etc but I just want to get to my goal. But for it not to be working in don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong! I have a sugar free red bull every morning and for water I drink sugar free volvic strawberry water that my consultant said is fine to drink. I haven't found the diet difficult coz I'm so determined to get to where I want to be. But it's ruining my mood....I'm so upset coz I'm not getting there. I don't want to give up coz if I give up I'm still fat. I don't know. Someone please give me some advice xxxx

You ARE losing fat, just water retention is a bit of a pain in the bum on a VLCD. It IS coming off, but it really doesn't always show on the scales. Maybe your body loses more slowly too, I know mine does. When I was doing LL, I'd lose between 1-2 lbs per week while being 100% on plan, but I know how demoralising it can be when other people are dropping the weight a lot faster following the same plan. But, at the end, I also found that it goes back on slower than those who lose fast. So there's a small happiness in that.
If you're not finding it too hard, I'd just say stick with it, because it IS working. The diet gives boundaries and simplicity - something that doesn't quite exist on other diets. Calorie counting involves endless weighing and counting, SW involves watching portions and making sure to get enough of X or Y thing, and with food diets it's just so much easier to 'fall off' the wagon. So this is worth it for a while. Keep going :)
x

Back