Not losing weight

Nancy B

I have been sticking to Slimming World completely and while I lost 4 1/2 pounds in the first week since then I've lost only a pound!!!
I was sure I'd lost more weight than that and was looking forward to stepping on the scales and then I saw it - one pound!!!!
I am too embarrassed to go to class as I know that everyone will think I've been cheating when I haven't.

What's wrong with a pound weight loss?? I sometimes step on the scales after a 100% week and maintain or even gain. People won't think you've been 'cheating', and even if they did, so what?? Also, your scales at home may not tally with the scales at class.

5 and a half pounds in two weeks isn't exactly an embarrassing weight loss.

I had 9 weeks of losing and gaining the same half pound - i was totally stuck and my group were just really supportive. No-one is judging you!

A normal healthy loss is 1 - 2lbs a week so you're doing really well. Don't be disheartened, weight loss slows down after the first week and it's not unusual to even have a gain some weeks.

I STS the second week, it's just how it goes sometimes despite sticking to plan. You have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, your consultant will be very happy that you have lost (again) and you will be congratulated in group.

You must go no matter what, you must discuss this with your consultant and if you have found this upsetting you must work out a strategy how you will cope if you gain or STS in future weeks. This is very important to ensure you can stay on plan.

Good luck with everything :)

I'd be really pleased with a lb loss! I usually only lose 0.5lb at a time. Don't be embarrassed by the loss - it's a good loss. Stay to group for motivation - it really helps.

Denise

5.5lbs in two weeks in amazing, you should be so proud of yourself. Don't be disheartened, I bet if you asked anyone at your group, they would be happy with a lb

You can't expect to pull big numbers every week, I lost 3lb in my first week and that's the most I've ever lost in one go. 1-2lb loss per week is normal and more importantly healthy, it'll do your body no good to lose a lot all at once especially physically you'll more than likely be left with an horrendous (I'm not saying its definite but more likely) excess amount of skin than you would if you let your body catch up with itself. I'm not trying to sound harsh or trying to be critical it's just what I've learnt after losing 3 & 1/2st in under a year :). I understand its frustrating but as long as its coming off and not going on its all good.

In my experience slow losses are permanent losses. Don't be disheartened! And no one will think you've been cheating! Bodies do their thing in their own time- if you stick to the plan it will show on the scales eventually ;)

Back