Not losing

deedee23

Hi everyone

I've been on the tablets nearly 3 weeks and were prescribed them by my doctor. I've lost 3lb which is poor when I'm so overweight

I've not had any side effects I've stuck to the rules and have been having about 15-20g of fat a day and around 700-1000 calories a day. This is not like dieting as it's what I've eaten for as long as I can remember and I'm still 14.11lbs and 5.6". I actually went out for an Italian last week and I had pre-booked my meal before I started the tablets and so had garlic mushrooms and a mushroom pizza, bad I know but had no side effects what's so ever - why not? Do these tablets not work for everyone?

Really fed up as I thought they were going to give me the boost I needed.

Thanks for listening x

It looks like your not having enough calories, a minimum of 1200 calories normally.. Your doing great with the fat though... Dont give up, some people lose the weight quicker than others, are you eating regularly?? If you dont eat enough your body can go into starvation mode, and store all the fat so therefore you wont lose the weight!! I cant figure out how much you weigh!! Some food even though over the fat content do react with some people its very strange, same with salmon some people react and some dont.. so it doesnt necessarily mean the tablets are not working!!

maybe i will have to up my cals too then :( i am doing around 800-1000 a day and about 10-20g of fat. dont want to be doing this for nothing thou

maybe i will have to up my cals too then :( i am doing around 800-1000 a day and about 10-20g of fat. dont want to be doing this for nothing thou

sal do up them,otherwise you cant lower them to 2anything later one.. onmy fitness pal it says i should be having up to 1700,and definitely over 1200 i'm pretty sure it would be the same for you too

mine says 1880 max cals. cant see how i can up them thou as eating regular and dont feel hungry.

usually a light lunch: soup with pitta, jacket potato with beans. things like that and a low fat ready meal for tea and a some muller light snacks. stuff like that

i will try that thanks rach :) dont want to up the fat intake too much thou so will try and bulk out on more veg and fruit :D

ooo going to tesco tomorrow so will look out for them. can stock up on them :) do eat a lot of fruit and yoghurts :)

definitely looking out for them tomorrow. where would they be found?

Hi

Just to say that I lost 3kgs in my first week on the tablets and then just 0.5kgs (1lb!) in over a month!!

I then used the my fitness pal calculations and found that I was only eating at most 800 calories and no where near the allowed fat content, but that my 2 hour walk (which I did every weekend saturday and Sunday) was burning up OVER 800 cals, so basically my body was trying to work on a minus figure.

This week I've relaxed a bit and have had a small, thin bar of cadbury's chocolate every day since wednesday and last night i had a pub meal and loads of bacardi and diet coke. I did still make sensible choices and I found i didn't actually want a pudding, but I didn't stress too much about the fat or calorie content, and I've hardly done any exercise this week.

Guess what! I've just got on my home scales and I'm about 3lbs down so far and have another week to go until I'm back at the docs. She had said that if I don't lose anything at next weigh in then we would stop the xenical and have to try something else, but i honestly think I just hadn't been taking in enough fuel to keep my body burning up the calories.

Oh and I went to the cinema tonight and I had a small cup of the Ben & Jerry's frozen yoghurt as a treat!

Hi

Just to say that I lost 3kgs in my first week on the tablets and then just 0.5kgs (1lb!) in over a month!!

I then used the my fitness pal calculations and found that I was only eating at most 800 calories and no where near the allowed fat content, but that my 2 hour walk (which I did every weekend saturday and Sunday) was burning up OVER 800 cals, so basically my body was trying to work on a minus figure.

This week I've relaxed a bit and have had a small, thin bar of cadbury's chocolate every day since wednesday and last night i had a pub meal and loads of bacardi and diet coke. I did still make sensible choices and I found i didn't actually want a pudding, but I didn't stress too much about the fat or calorie content, and I've hardly done any exercise this week.

Guess what! I've just got on my home scales and I'm about 3lbs down so far and have another week to go until I'm back at the docs. She had said that if I don't lose anything at next weigh in then we would stop the xenical and have to try something else, but i honestly think I just hadn't been taking in enough fuel to keep my body burning up the calories.

Oh and I went to the cinema tonight and I had a small cup of the Ben & Jerry's frozen yoghurt as a treat!

Hi claire thats what i was trying to explain to her. But you put ot much better.. I know alot of people (me included before now) think the less you eat the more weight you will lose, unfortunately not case!! Even if this was true, everyone would end up with the dreaded saggy skin as it is such a shock to the body, and the body cant keep up.. 1 or 2lb a week is the most anyone should lose

I think it depends on the person because I've read certain stories of them hardly eating anything and loosing loads in a week but then like you said Rach...probably loosing it too fast and end up with nasty saggy skin..ergh. I've added more to my diet now anyways and occasionally sneak a piece of cadbury's chocolate..not a hole bar...but I cant help it when hubby decides to bring me chocolate everyday..soo niiice of him but not really when I'm cutting back. Lol. I'll see what my first weigh in says and then if I have to I might add more or cut back a bit...

For me a whole bar of something or a whole packet is the problem, because it doesn't matter what size it is I have to keep eating it until it's gone! even if I feel full or sick and I put it back in the fridge/cupboard, it calls to me and nags at me until I finish the lot!

So my whole bar of cadbury's was the very small kids bars (like the original milky bar size), they are only 110 calories and 6.9g of fat i think. And yes I know that it wont fit in the 5g per 100g rule but so far I'm not having any uncontrollable side effects.

i'm trying to follow the low GI diet with the tablets and in that I should be able to have a small amount of peanut butter as a slow energy release food but that is 50g of fat per 100g, I've been brave this weekend and had a small scraping of peanut butter on toast (soya and linseed bread, which also doesn't fit into the fat rule!!), but I've not had any side effects and for me they usually kick in the next day.

Yes, when i've gone to the loo there has been some of the orange oil, but I don't mind that so much when it's at the right time and not within my control (if you get what i mean).

I think what i'm trying to say is that sometimes if you do it sensibly and for the right reasons you can still have things which on paper you shouldn't have. Everything I eat is covered by my GI diet (maybe not the chocolate) so i'm just going for trial and error to find what I can have and what i can't.

I must point out that I only take the risk at weekends when I know I can stay home if things turn nasty!!!

Back