Green Days Not losing!

Hi everyone, can anyone give me any advice as to where i could be going wrong. I did slimming world last summer and lost weight fine on it, this time im really struggling and after 7-8 weeks lost about 11lb. My start weight was 13st 2.5 so its not asif it should be harder for me to lose then those at say 11 stone.

Im doing green days, changed to red today for a week though to see if that helps. I'm not as active as last time so maybe thats the problem? I also find myself taking advantage of the carbs way too much with every meal, maybe i would be best suited to extra easy?

thanks

Hi everyone, can anyone give me any advice as to where i could be going wrong. I did slimming world last summer and lost weight fine on it, this time im really struggling and after 7-8 weeks lost about 11lb. My start weight was 13st 2.5 so its not asif it should be harder for me to lose then those at say 11 stone.

Im doing green days, changed to red today for a week though to see if that helps. I'm not as active as last time so maybe thats the problem? I also find myself taking advantage of the carbs way too much with every meal, maybe i would be best suited to extra easy?

thanks

Sorry let me get this right? Are you saying you lost 11 lbs last summer or you have lost 11 lbs over the past 7-8 weeks?

If you mean the latter then you are wrong - you ARE losing weight. At a nice steady non crash diet pace.

If you feel your meals are a bit carb heavy then by all means try EE or Red days for a change. EE will certainly make you think about your fruit and veg intake and I find this means I automatically cut down on the amount of carbs - just to fit it all on a plate!

Hi ya,
I don't think you are doing anything wrong, you have lost 11lbs, the reconmended rate is 1 - 2lbs a week, so averaging 1.5lbs a week which is bang on good :)

I lost all my weight doing GREEN only as a veggie, and hubby has lost nearly 6 stone now in a year doing 6 green 1 red a week.

Start a food diary on here and we can all have a look and offer help and advise.

hiya i lost 2stone 2lb last summer and i've lost 11lb the past 7-8 weeks. Its not that im worried at the amount i have lost, its just that in the past three weeks i stayed the same, lost 2 n half and then put on a lb! The big loss was at the begining as is common and since then i'm struggling to lose. I have taken a look at some of the other threads and read about portion control, i have no idea why but i have been eating a lot more carbs and lots of bananas, mullers then the first time round. I would be happy with 1.5 lb a week deffo and would be concerned if i lost 4lb every week at my size, i guess i'm just having a little rant as deep down i know i am over indulging even if it is healthy!

Maybe EE would suit you then hun. I remember the old SW days of Green & Red days with lots of muller lights and bananas to stave off the hunger but I don't feel like that at all this time round. The variety of food I am eating on EE is great!

Sometimes, like today, I feel that I haven't had enough superfree to qualify for a EE meal, so I swap to red or green.

I had weetabix and a chopped up banana for brekkie. Half a melon at 12pm and a large portion of SW quiche for lunch with baked beans. Because I thought there was no way 1/3 superfree I swapped to a green day and then had pork steak, mash & veg for my tea. Simples ;)

Have a look at some example menus to tickle your taste buds. You will soon get back on track. :bestwishes:

You are going to have to give us more to work with. People can suggest all sorts of different reasons why but without knowing exactly what you are putting in your mouth on a day to day basis and how much of it, it really is impossible to answer question. So pretend this is day 1 on the plan, post your food diary on here and note down any exercising you do as well. We'll see how you do next WI and take it from there. but most importantly, don't give up hope!

Thanks everyone i will take all ideas on board, im going to try a red week simply because i feel very bloated for some reason so thought it may help to not have carbs for a while. I will try Extra easy week after and see how i do too.

Todays food was:

Breakfast, muller and banana (in a rush)

Dinner, 2 alpen bars- 7 syns? (normally would have more but had to go hospital to see newborn nephew)

Tea- 2 rashers of bacon with fat trimmed, 2 quorn sausages, beans (B), tomato, mushroom and 2 wholemeal bread (B)

Snack, another muller and banana with 2 mikado biscuit sticks (1 syn)

Done about 40 minutes walking all in all going to the hospital other then that pottering about the house in general. Will post food diary under propper thread infuture, just writing that here to show what i have swapped to eating.

Old diet was something like - breakfast, 2 toast (B) with low fat marge (1 syn). Dinner- omlette with cheese(A) and mushroom, tea- Quorn sausage, slimming world chips and beans. Snack 2 alpen bars (B) and the rest of my syns maybe a bag of french fries (4syns) and a chocolate yogurt (3syns). Wow that does sound a lot of typed out! No exercise

Back