not lost any weight after 6 weeks!

smes9

Hello,

Ive been doing Slimming World for 5-6 weeks now, i lost 2lbs a few weeks ago but now its back on, so have basically lost no weight at all.:cry:
I'm 5ft 1 and weigh 11 st which is a lot for my height.
I've been following the sw plan about 97%, but most of the time i dont even have any syns at all.
ive been doing mostly green days, with red days at the weekend.
anybody have any advise?

i dont seem to have a metabolism...

oh, and i havent done any exercise yet ( i know i know) but i read on the sw website that you should still lose it anyway.
exercise will be started once my treadmill arrives!!

thanks!

Hi,
Welcome to Minimins :)
I can't say why you are not losing weight. What do you eat on a "normal" day?
Do you weigh and measure you HEX's.
Do you go to group? Has your consultant seen your food diaries?
You don't have to exercise, I lost 3 stone without moving a muscle! I do now, but it's a recent thing and I don't do it to help with weight loss, I do it because I want to (and kind of like it!)

There must be a reason you are not losing, just let us know what you eat and we can try to help.

What does a typical day or week look like food wise for you?

You also say you're only following the plan 97%, but if you're not having syns then you're also not following the plan in that respect too.

It might be that you're doing something really simple that's slowing the losses (lots of us learn what does and doesn't work that way!).

Go back to basics, read the book cover to cover and keep an accurate food diary. Don't let anything pass your lips unless you write it down - I found I was having several 'oh it's nothings' treats during the day, which added up and took me over my syns. By writing down I can make sure I know what i've eaten. I also found it handy to write everything down, as when I had a week where I sts I looked back and realised I'd had loads of eggs and wasn't using the loo as often (TMI I know!), but being able to look back at it meant I could see where i'd slipped.

you say you're following the plan about 97% of the time - this needs to be 110%
you need to be 100% honest about what you're eating, write it all down
You need to have your syns not having them wont help

Hi, thanks for the speedy replies

A typical day goes like this:

28g Shreddies with milk and a banana (hex's)

some kind of pasta salad or rice with veg etc for lunch

apples, grapes carrots for snacks.

dinner is mostly pasta, rice or risotto with veg and a bit of meat or fish.

weekends, i do tend to have (frylight) fry up with eggs, sausages, lean bacon and beans.

i also have omelettes or scrambled egg for dinner sometimes.

thanks
shannon

Why don't you try a week at 100% - which includes using syns - and see what happens. I don't think the exercise is an issue, I don't do any apart from the school run and you should lose without doing it. Good luck!

Also if you havent already have a read of common misconceptions of SW this may help, and post a 100% honest food diary on here daily then everyone can help you, and you might spot something.
theres also a post on here called mrs sogood (or something similar) this might be worth a read

If you're doing EE then you need to make sure that you have 1/3 superfree food with your meal. if you have more superfree with your meals then it can help boost your losses.

There used to be a plan called success express, which is very similar to Extra easy, but with 2/3 of your plate being superfree. This plan was designed to boost your losses, so might be worth a try anyway if you feel you're getting stuck losing more.

Also, you definately need to use those syns!! Use them and enjoy them!!

On a green day you should be having one or two A choices and 2 B choices, are you using your meat or fish as a B choice?
Do you have mayo in your pasta salad?

On your red day weekends, do you syn your sausages? Baked beans aren't free on red, do you use them as a B choice?

Little things can make a difference but you really should be losing on what you are eating.

I dont have mayo in my salads, and i would count those as a B choice.
i followed the plan 100% for the first 4 weeks, n was really disappointed which is why im now starting to give up and cheat! (note a large slice of choc fudge cake monday night - probably a weeks worth of syns)

but i will try and eat more superfree foods, cut back on the sausages on the weekends and keep a food diary.

i also eat muller lights, theyre free arent they?

thanks again for the support.

This might sound silly, but if you're doing it from home, are you weighing yourself on reliable scales/at the same time/wearing the same thing?

Have you taken your measurements, so you can see if you've lost inches rather than weight?

you say you are only following the plan 97%, but are not having any syns, it is quite possible that the 3% where you are not sticking to the plan is taking you well over your daily syn allowance, which could be the reason you are not losing weight.

However keep at it, start a food diary on here and members can check it for you, to see just what areas you may be going wrong on.

Good Luck :)

I think if you are not having any syns this can be a problem.

Think of SW as a prescription from the doctors. To make it work you need to have the following 'tablets' each day:

Tablet 1 - Free Foods - esp superfree foods such as veg and fruit.
Tablet 2 - HEA and HEB choices
Tablet 3 - 8-12 syns (max 15 - minimum 5)
(Optional Tablet 4 - exercise!)

If you take all 3 (or 4) tablets you will lose weight i promise! If you deviate from the plan (that little 3% you speak of) then it can throw things to a bit of a muddle.

Also you may find it useful to get weighed at some scales such as Boots to get a fully accurate reading - home bathroom scales can vary a lot.

Good luck xxxx

Think about your proportions - this has been my downfall this week. When having pasta or rice with veg is the veg 1/3 of the meal? Keep thinking about thirds!

Hello,

Ive been doing Slimming World for 5-6 weeks now, i lost 2lbs a few weeks ago but now its back on, so have basically lost no weight at all.:cry:
I'm 5ft 1 and weigh 11 st which is a lot for my height.
I've been following the sw plan about 97%, but most of the time i dont even have any syns at all.
ive been doing mostly green days, with red days at the weekend.
anybody have any advise?

i dont seem to have a metabolism...

oh, and i havent done any exercise yet ( i know i know) but i read on the sw website that you should still lose it anyway.
exercise will be started once my treadmill arrives!!

thanks!

Not sure why your not losing weight... im not on SW diet but have been following a healthy eating/calorie controlled and eating less 'diet' and iv lost quite abit after 3 weeks (though iv messed it up these last 2/3 days with bingeing :eek:) but im same height as you, I'm 5ft 1 and i now also weigh 11 stones and a bit and i agree thats alot for our height! would like to get to atleast 8 stones and healthy eating seems to be working for me... just thought id say :D

Thank you everyone, I will definately start, from today 100% and keep my food diary again. I will also attempt to have more veg etc on green days, as maybe ive been eating too much pasta/rice etc.
When ive done calorie controlled diets and written everything down, even eating healthy food its hard to keep it below 1500 kcals. So i think i will reduce the amount of carbs im eating on green days.

Good luck everyone!!

P.s going to france this weekend so think all my syns for the week will be going on bread and pain au chocolate!!

Smes read through the food diarys and the stickys here and it will help you form a picture of sw. You do have to follow plan 100% for it to work and dont restrict yourself eat until your full/satisfied. One tip is to fill your plate up with lots of veggies and also make soup, easy to make, filling and super free :D.

Rememeber your syns, there is something in that, aside form keeping you sane, eg if you really want that choclate bar you can( i had a fudge last night nom nom nom), they also keep other things normal. I;ve never been one for sauces and things, but it means gravy with your dinner and it means you can go out and have a meal out without asking if the celery comes with a glass of water ;).

Also try and relax, chill and get into the swing of the plan. Also we all here to help you if you need support and well this website is fab and the people on here are great.

Back