Not much to loose........

jennyc_uk

Silver Member
But struggling to get it off?? Anyone else like this?
I only had a stone and a bit to lose but I've been doing this since bout mid jan and I still haven't lost a stone yet! I'm getting a bit down about it now. I'm only losing bout 1/2 a week which is a loss I know but I have to battle for every half pound. I had an unexplained but amazing loss of 4lb in one week but then I gained the week after. Loads of people on here seem to be losing at least 2lb per week. In sticking to the plan but its not happening as quick as I'd like. I go away in 3 weeks and would love to have my stone - originally I wanted my club 10(which is more or less my target) but both seem so unachievable.

Anyone else feeling this way? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a slow loser too. Getting rid of my last stone and it's coming off sloooowly! But, had to change my way of thinking... If I get fed up I'll eat rubbish, then not go to next wi then that will go on till it's spiralled outta control and I'm back where I started! Had to start thinking that every half pound is a loss! The weeks fly by and before we know it we'll be there! Join us on the 'slow losers' team :0) xx

Hi nikki!

I think sometimes it's just nice to know your not the only one.
Lots of the lovelies on here have great losses and I'm so pleased for them but a little jealous all the same lol!
I try to look at it in the positive, every week aside from one ive lost weight so it's working - SLOWLY! Lol

Unlike giving up the cigs or something we have to eat so if it comes off slowly who's worried a loss is a loss and be proud of each and every little bit that comes off :D

It took me a year to lose 2 stone. It was frustratingly slow progress! I just had to remember that it took a long time for it to creep on so I had to accept it was slow coming off too. I did a lot of 'challenges' to keep myself interested (speed food, new foods, water, etc.) and just took it a day at a time.
Also I tried to focus on how SW was helping me eat 'normally' i.e. have weekends or occasions where I'd eat more and accept I might gain and then super-good weeks to get back on track.
Good on you for persevering. It's worth it!

X

jackie71 said:
Unlike giving up the cigs or something we have to eat so if it comes off slowly who's worried a loss is a loss and be proud of each and every little bit that comes off :D

Funny thing is ive given up the cigs too haha! Shame I can't give up chocolate for lent unfortunately I do not have the willpower for that on top!!

Good point helli! I've got to the weight I was 2 yrs ago (I wanted to loose a few lbs even then) so considering it took two years to go on three month to come off isnt bad really I guess!!
Thanks for the boosts, it's exactly why I joined this forum in the first place. I've never been a forum-y person but this has been brill!

I am a slow looser also, last year I did slimming world and because I only wanted to loose a stone it seemed to take forever. But you do get there in the end :)

I am with you all on this one, i have lost and grand sum of 1.5 lb since Oct, its been a nightmare, i have had really good weeks where i have lost 2/3 lb but then the following week put 2lb back on....

I too only would like to lose a stone, my club 10 is my target......

But as i said last week at WI, if i didn;t go there each week i would put more on than i lose so i am in a positive mood that i will eventally get to my target.....

Jack _D

I started at the beginning of January and am only 11lbs down, bearing in mind that I lost 4lbs of that in the first 2 weeks it's been slow progress. It's especially hard when people who joined at the same time as me are all well over their stone mark and one is even 2 stone down! BUT, I'm not giving up. Every small loss is a step closer and even though I'm not at the elusive stone marker yet I'm already noticing the difference in my body. Have you taken measurements of yourself? I've lost 2 inches off my thighs and 3 inches off my hips in that time so although it's taking a while to show on the scales, it's showing in my clothes!

It's always more difficult for people with small amounts to loose, especially if you are already at a healthy BMI already (Like me, I'm BMI 24 but feel way too big and want to be 21) it's gonna be a slog. But I'm going to do it. If I loose a 1lb a week I will get to my target by my summer holiday so I'm going all out every week to make sure it happens, I'm sure you can do it too. Good luck and don't give up!!

I'm another slow looser. Been on the plan since New Year and only lost 10lbs which is around a lb a week. I actually seem to be losing more now than I did at the beginning for some reason. I've been having more red days and if I weigh the day after a few red ones I've usually lost. It took a long time to put it on so it will take a while to lose it. I only want to lose a stone. Think I would always struggle to be less than size 14.

I haven't measured lilyb. I dunno if it's worth it now as I didn't at the start, but maybe it could still be. How often do you measure yourself?

It's nice to know there are some slow losers at there and that there's even a thread dedicated to just that!

I think it's still worth it now, I didn't start quite at the beginning but there is still a difference. I write the measurements down every 4 weeks although I frequently check them in-between to see what's happening!

Back