Not new on here, but starting again!

minisoph

Hi
I have been prescribed Alli by my doctor, and started it on Friday. I have previously taken Xenical about 4 years ago and gave up due to the side affects and being confused about diet etc.
Well, now there seems to be so much more info on this drug and how to use it etc, so i'm much more comfortable with it. My doctor is starting me on the lower dose first and to see how i get on in the month, then i might go onto the Xenical again.
I have battled with my weight for as long as i can remember, i tend to yoyo, but now i want to get rid of the fat and get healthy.
I do have an under active thyroid and also i had an early menopause at 27 (36 now), which resulted in a hysterectomy, so i'm on HRT too.
I do think the problems i suffered throughout my teens and 20's, regarding my monthly's resulted in me comfort eating.

Anyway, one quickie question, i've been sticking to a low fat diet and been taking the pills, and i do seem to be suffering from wind, but thats all. Considering how bad the side affects where when i was on 120mg, howcome i dont seem to be getting any of them with the 60mg? Or have i possibly got that to come? How long does it usually take to work?

Thanx in advance :confused:

Hello :)

I cant say for alli but for Xenical 120mg takes around 4-5 days to fully get into your system and gets to work. I'm taking the 120mg atm and i havnt had wind or side effects for over 3months now. The key is to eat the right foods and drink plenty of water.

Some people react differently for some they may suffer bad side effects for others non at all. Really depends on the person, if you do suffer from them and it starts to become uncomfortable just taking them and consult your dr. x

hello and welcome to minis!

If you stick to the 5% rules and also no more than 15g of fat per meal you will not get any side effects...orange oil) wetner you take the 60mg or 120mg!

hope that helps! if u have any more questions just ask!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Back