Not on a steady routine.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Deity, 12 June 2014.

1. Deity

Deity Member

Hey all,

I've been unnoficially on slimming world for 2 weeks and loving it so far. The first week was brilliant but the second week has been much tougher due to a change in work patterns. I do security and I am currently moving to a different sector. I spent this week doing 12 - 16 hour shifts over night in my car so it completely messed up my routine of slimming world.

Does anyone have any simple grab-and-go meals to prepare that don't need any further cooking? Ended up buying a sandwich in the garage due to this, don't want to get back on that track again lol.
  2. Rae Rae

Rae Rae Well-Known Member

Why not take pasta salads, rice, lots of fruit, soups in a flask?
  3. CharKearney

CharKearney Well-Known Member

Super rices by bachelors are delicious cold!
  4. mockridge13

mockridge13 Well-Known Member

Batchelors pasta 'n' sauce are also nice cold. Plenty of fruit cut up ready to munch and jellies. If you need a sandwich make your own using your hex b.
  5. LV30

LV30 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i think prep is the key!! For any situation... i work in an office, with lots of shops and cafe and restaurants on campus... which are very handy, but not necessarily that great when you are trying to be "good".

I spend most of my spare time preparing food for the next day. I'm running out of tupperware stuff now - I bring my breakfast, lunch and snacks with me... and that means planning!!

Pasta salad is always a good bet. Filling and can be eaten cold. You can have another container full of salad stuff. And fresh fruit. Flask of coffee is always a good idea - have a Hi Fi bar as a snack!!

I'm sure you'll be ok! Have a look at the recipe section on the SW website... I looked last night - I had loads of ideas.

Good luck.
  6. CharKearney

CharKearney Well-Known Member

You sound just like me! My lunch bag is actually my picnic cool bag! My colleagues are amazed at how much I eat on SW!
  7. Jeanne Von Buttonpopper

Jeanne Von Buttonpopper Reformed biscuit dunker

Don't forget the SW quiche!! :D
  8. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

Have a look through the recipe section on the Slimming World website for more ideas, these are the ones which spring to mind. These are very egg heavy but-

SW Tortilla- (lovely with red peppers and mushrooms added too)- Onion and potato tortilla - Recipes - Slimming World

SW Quiche (You can use any veg, I love it with onions, smoked bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes) - Speedy quiche - Recipes - Slimming World

Egg wraps- (using the thin omelette as a wrap, you can put anything in them) -

Creamy pasta (with salad)- Garlic mushroom tagliatelle - Recipes - Slimming World

All of them are lovely served cold with salad, you could prepare them a couple of days in advance, keep in the fridge ready to pack and run when you're working. :)
    Last edited: 14 June 2014