not on CD anymore, weaned off over a couple of weeks feeling ill

gingernutlover

i did aamw, then 790 then 1000 for 3 weeks and now eating healthy, but must admit i have jacket potato with chilli yesterday - very healthy low fat, low GI chilli homemade by my mum. then had small chicken breast with some veg for dinner last night and have felt like crap ever since, got the runs and feel sick and like i have indigestion :cry:

is this just my body getting used to food again? Hopin someone else who has come off cd will be able to reassure me.

I do get full very very easily and possibly ate a tiny bit more once i was full yesterday, but nothing like what iu used to eat before cd

i had to come off cd as it was driving me loopy , literally, could spot all my old signs of depression coming back, like when i had my baby and couldnt put myself through that again - or my family either.

i am about 7 lbs off target and was planning to do this last bit by going to the gym and eating healthy.

feel really fed up that i feel so crap :cry:

dont worry

:needhug: my heart goes out to you hon. you not got much to lose if u feel like u cant continue on this then do your best and try to eat healthy and excercise. dont undo all of your hard work. let us know how you get on.

good luck .

sharon x

thanks skinny monkey, great photo by the way. not upset about coming off cd - feel like i would never want to see another skake ever at the moment lol but was feeling so positive about eating healthy and shifting the last few pounds that i now just feel really fed up that i am ill :-(

Hey hun,

You have done such a great job keeping it off - you'll soon shift the last few lbs. Chin up!!

If you are not feeling too good go easy on the exercise. Be kind to yourself and give yourself a day or so off the gym to let your body recover from your sickness. Plenty of fruit, veg and fluids and you'll be back to normal soon.

Stay positive
xx

thankyou

i am actually feeling better now, made myself eat some breakfast, but just 1 shredded wheat with skimmed milk, a friend is coming over and we meant to be going to a pub for lunch so i am hoping they do somthing very simple as i just cant seem to stomach much at the moment:sigh:

maytbe my stomach has shrunk on cd - probably a good thing:D

and shock, horror i dont seem to be able to eat when i am full - that is new too, but good :D

Glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better. I'm no expert in this field, but whenever I fell off the CD wagon before I found I suffered with an upset stomach. Try and stick to plain foods and small quantities and you should be fine!

Enjoy your lunch out chick
xx

oh okay,k that makes me feel better then, although methinks chilli concarne was not really the best of ideas having only had milkshakes for the last 2 months lol

I have been ill after eating as i had a wedding to go to and had to eat. I didnt even eat as much or anywhere near to what i have ever eaten before but i too have been ill. I was sick and coudlnt get off the loo :-( feeling better now but i coudlnt even go to work as i was so ill :-(

I would stick to plain foods for a while until your body readjusts. Well done on the weight loss though thats fantastic!! x

I hope you are feeling better today. I think the crappiness is probably due to you reintroducing food because our bodies are complicated things.

Your stomach has probably shrunk due to SSing. I found that when i started working up the steps, i couldn't handle the quantity of food and it seriously made my stomach hurt. But i split my portions and spaced them out more in the day so i wasn't eating a huge meal that caused me stomach pains.

I think you are doing really well and you have done awesome to have lost so much weight. I am sure you will lose the last few pounds working up the CD stabilisaton steps because you are still consuming low calories.

I would encourage exercise when you feel you are ready. As well as helpingt o lose the pounds easier and maintain well, it will also help with your mood and depression. It will make you feel more positive and more motivated. It will also help with your depressed feelings because of the chemicals released during exercise. I think you made the right decision to stop SS when you felt your symptoms of depression returning. You proabably felt these symptoms because of the low carb.

I hope you continue to do well with moving up the steps. xx :)

Back