not possible right?

ColJack

Gold Member
on a whim, I just got on the scales at home.. and it actually worked....
they go up to 28st 8lb, and I've been off the top end of them for a while now..
I weighed in at 29st 4.5 last thursday and on the scales just I was 28st 5...

To be fair though, at class I'm not butt nekid.. :D

is it possible that my clothes weigh a stone?

theres a possibilty of a difference between the scales. If you really cant wait til weigh in go to boots and weigh yourself there, then hotfoot it back home without eating/drinking and weigh yourself again on yours then you will see if there is a difference and then know what it is to make adjustments

Of course it is also very possible that you have lost a shed load and if thats the case then what a terrific boost that would be!

My clothes weigh tonnes. My bra alone weighs a pound?? Don't know if that's normal?? lol.

Weigh your clothes on your kitchen scales then you'll know.
If your home scales aren't reliable and you've been off the top end then you don't really know how much they would have weighed you last week, but from here on in, now that you're not off the scale they'll give you an idea each week if you keep on using them.
Well done on your weight loss so far.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not advocating weighing at home, but as I've always SP'd myself, it would be unfair of me to give the lecture about not weighing between official WI's :)

A bra weighing a pound? Doubt it. Gel filled ones will be the heaviest but even my daughters one is still only a few ounces. a pound is a tin of spaghetti, either you've got dodgy scales or you have a very weird bra

I jumped on again just after posting while holding the clothes I wear to weigh in.. 28st 10.. so still a good loss and a few days to go.. :)
hope the scales at the class say the same

tomorrow...
I jumped on them tonight when I got back with my weigh in clothes and it still said 28st 10.. and that's after an afternoon of snacking on fruit and drinking coffee ( I don't eat after lunch and don't drink either until after I'm weighed, it's how I weighed in the first week and I do the same every week..)
I will jump on again tomorrow just before I go to class and see what the difference is between mine and theirs so I can guage it each week..
If it's the same as mine then that's an 8.5lb loss this week? ( 29st 4.5lb last week and 28st 10 this? :) )

Yep, that would be 8.5 lost which would be fantastic, not wishing to put a downer on things but home scales can be well out, just be prepared for that. Im a pessimistic optimist...expect the worse then you're never disappointed! It works for me most of the time lol.

Hope your scales are smack on tho and give you the fantastic boost that an 8.5 loss would give most of us

on a whim, I just got on the scales at home.. and it actually worked....
they go up to 28st 8lb, and I've been off the top end of them for a while now..
I weighed in at 29st 4.5 last thursday and on the scales just I was 28st 5...

To be fair though, at class I'm not butt nekid.. :D

is it possible that my clothes weigh a stone?
Really? - we all weigh-in butt nekked in the Gateshead groups - I was told that is the norm for new blokes.....

Hope I haven't been duped:p

Steve

Well my scales are the same as the doctors and i weighed myself, then took my bra off, and i lost a pound! Strange.... Hope you've lost 8.5!!! xxx

My clothes weigh tonnes. My bra alone weighs a pound?? Don't know if that's normal?? lol.
Good Lord !!! Your back must be so sore carrying that around. I know ladies with double mastectomy's who wear 2 chicken fillets and they do not weigh in at a pound. !!!

Can I recommend that you buy your next bra at Marks and Spencer's !!

A bra weighing a pound? Doubt it. Gel filled ones will be the heaviest but even my daughters one is still only a few ounces. a pound is a tin of spaghetti, either you've got dodgy scales or you have a very weird bra

Just what I thought !!!

Can i weigh on your scales ;) x

You always make me laugh Elle.......thanks !!!

Really? - we all weigh-in butt nekked in the Gateshead groups - I was told that is the norm for new blokes.....

Hope I haven't been duped:p

Steve

No not duped at all and now I know why when I return to England I really must join the local class !!! lol.

My home scales are one example of where they are really out! I weigh 11st 6 at home but 11st 13 at class!! But I know this so can use them as a rough guide at home as I know what I was on them the previous week!

Hope yours are not too far out and you still have a fab loss this week!

xx

I REALLY hope that mine aren't that far out... I just got on them all dressed to go to weigh in tonight and they read 28st 7lbs... that's 11 lbs!!!!! :).. so I'm in for at least 6 I hope...

at least I'll know what the relationship between mine and theirs is though so I can track my losses at home as well now..
It's been torture not being able to see if I'm loosing between SW weigh-ins...

well done, i think forget the scales for now, do what your doing, stick to it, we all know when we have been naughty and over done it with the food drink so concentrate on how much looser your clothes are fitting and take a b4 pic and keep comparing that will keep you motivated, well it did with me anyway. good luck hun xxx

Back