Not so great losses

sbridge7

Silver Member
I have been on SS 100% for nearly 7 weeks and for the past 2 weeks I have had losses averaging 2.5lbs. I have my seventh weigh in tomorrow and it looks as though I am set to lose 2.5lbs. I've been 100% and I am only eating the peanut/cranberry crunch bar 2-3 times a week. I also drink 4-4.5 litres of water everyday and use the water flavourings once or twice a week. I know 2.5lbs a week is 10lbs a month, however it would be nice to lose 3lbs sometimes. CD is expensive for me as I'm only a student so if I continue to lose 2.5lbs a week, it's going to take me even longer to get to goal. I haven't cheated once. I'm not sure why I keep losing this amount when I'm 100% Would it be wise to move up to SS+ and see if it will give my metabolism a boost?

Last edited:
Ack, annoying isn't it. I have a client who consistently loses 1.5 to 2lbs a week and I'm a certain as I can be that she's 100%. Mind you, she's thrilled as she says after the first month she doesn't lose anything on other diets. She's very tiny, so it's possible.

This week she suddenly lost 4lb:eek: Week 8. Didn't do anything different. Bodies are weird.

Anyway, getting back to you. The good thing is that you are consistently losing. Possibly a little water retention going on there, so nothing to worry about.

I think SS+ will probably do you good. Give it a whirl. It might just get things moving again.

Thanks KD, I know sometimes it's probably better to not get so caught up with the scales, but it's so frustrating. The good thing about CD is it is strict enough for me to stick to it so I can't grumble. It would be nice to get a higher loss sometimes. Thanks again for your reply KD, I will give SS+ a go.

I know how you feel. For the last couple of weeks I have lost 2lb and 1 1/2lb respectively. I have also stuck to SS 100% and I've been doing this for 22 weeks now. Just when I thought it was going to be another 2lb something again this week the scales dropped yesterday and again this morning to make just under 4lb this week-which is massive for me!:D I've learned to really appreciate the good weeks and be grateful that I'm still losing something on the bad ones. I'll get where I want to be-just a few weeks slower.:)

That's excellent sparkles :clap:

I have tremendous admiration for people who stick with it despite lower losses.

Thing to remember is that, if folk lose slower on 810 or under, it's still going to be much faster than on a more traditional diet. They would probably be having plateaus, 1/2lb here and there, because it all comes down to calories whatever the diet.

There's also no correlation between people losing weight faster, compared to those who lose slower when it comes to sticking to the diet and maintaining.

In fact, it can even work negatively, with people feeling so confident that they will lose it again fast, that they can end take more risks and often falling flat on their faces :(

Thanks for the post Sparkles. I'm determined to carry on, as I really enjoying the benefits of CD.

KD do you think that I will have to maintain on lower calories then when I start? I used the BMR and it said that I'd need 1800 calories to maintain my weight at goal, however now I'm wondering if I'll have to reduce it because of my losses on CD? I'm not near maintenance yet, so I'll have to see when I get there, just curious if my loss will have any bearing on maintenance.

Hi Sbridge,

At the moment you are still averaging just over 4.5lb a week, thats not bad :0) and a lot more than any other plan would give you. Just hold on out. This time round my losses are much slower too and although its annoying, this is so much quicker than any other plan, and I am less likely to cheat. You have lost 2 stone in six weeks... I am hopeful that I will do the same, my wi is wed, but doubtful!

I have just added to my exercise, as well as (10-20mins) yoga 5 times a week, and 30 mins cardio 5 times a week, last week I started doing weights and total body work outs, to boost my metabolism. What exercise do you do?

AM

Hey amm451, thanks for your kind words. It's so frustrating, though I know I didn't gain weight overnight. I'm walking only, as I though exercise my affect my losses due to the low calories. Good luck with your weigh in x

They say that exercise can affect your losses, but I know for me, I have to exercise. Apparently there was a study done recently... please don't quote me, that strength training really helps. Did you do your measurements? that can be so much more motivating than the scales!

Total body workouts and strength training all help to raise your metabolism, which when you move up the plans will really help as a VLCD can mess with the metabolism, especially if you do them more than once.

Our losses are pretty similar, I have opted for a fortnightly wi, so I don't see the 2.5lbs, it works for me.

Stick with it, the weight will come off, I was about the same length of time into the diet as you and I had the same thing, I think I lost 3, then 3, then 9!! Stuck to it 100% throughout. Sometimes it does take a while for your body to catch up xx

i actually put 1lb on last week....and i'd been 100% hun...i was mortified...so i went up to SS+ for a week...and this week, 5lbs off!!! Sometimes your body just needs a kick in the right direction!
Its worth a try!
They say if you have a STS then "change something"....so might be worth going onto SS+ and doing a bit more exercise (but nothing major if your not used to it) and see what happens...

The body is an ODD thing and we just need to keep it on its toes sometimes! I think 4.5lbs a week on average is fabulous hun and MUCH more than WW/SW...but i can understand your frustrations!

Happy eating hun...! SS+ can be just as good with the losses as SS! :)

xxx

Hi sbridge

Please don't get disheartened as to the neutral observer (myself and others reading your post) you have done so well. Having done Lighterlife in the past, I got used to losing 1lb one week and 5lb's the next - it really does average out over the course of the diet.

I noticed that you are a student. From my own experience, I am pleased that I was within a normal weight range for my height when I went job seeking after finishing my studies - I felt more confident and could dress smartly for the interview. In fact, I got the first job I went for, whereas usually I am not successful at interviews.

Stick at it and enjoy the many rewards.

just to add....i have worked out my average losses and mine also works out at 4.5lbs a week...and i've lost 5 and a half stone in 17 weeks....so just goes to show that it still comes off! :D
xxx

Thank you everyone, I'm determined to carry on as this forum is evidence that it really does work. Thanks for all your comments, I will take everything on board xx

Just wanted to say you are doing so well hun...and you are bang on course with weight loss as it is averaging the stone a month, but know it's disappointing with small losses as we always want more...i know i do:D

good luck with it, I'm also going thru two weeks of 2lbs losses and have moved up to SS+ as I felt I needed to eat something. I am struggling more since moving to SS+ but can't envisage doing SS again really.

Back