Not so Secret Diary of a Serial Snacker...

Secret_Squirrel

Good day to you all!

The time has come my little friends, to talk of other things...

Like food.

And that's why we're all here. I love food. Period. I also love being slim. However... I am not currently slim, I am 16 stone and 9lbs, a year ago I was 11 stone. Ouch, right?

Alas, here I am, ready to kick some butt/pounds to the kerb and get back to slimmersville.
My problem is snacking, and I mean secret snacking. If I could have a pound (or lose a pound??) for every time I snuck a biscuit/sandwich/cake/peanut butter on toast (*delete as applicable) then I would be rich (or thin?)

So going to give this SW malarkey a shot (from home, no group, have done this before) and shed the excess. I just needed the accountability side of things without going to group.

If you are ready for a warts and all kinda gig, stick around, say hello, and get to our goals together.

Much Love,
SS

Tuesday 02/08/16

Breakfast - 2 x Poached Eggs on 2 x WM bread (HexB +3 syns for Clover)
Lunch - Piri Piri Chicken Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, roast peppers, gherkins)
Dinner - Paprika Pork with crushed new potatoes & butterbean stew (Hello Fresh Recipe found HERE)
Snacks - Fruit Salad - strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, Danio Strawberry (1 syn), banana, slice of homemade banana bread 6 syns.

Total syns for the day 10
HexB - WM bread
HexA - Milk in Coffee

Pretty good day overall I think, could have done with a dressing for lunch but totally forgot to pick anything up, may grab a lime at lunch time and squeeze over.

Oh and I generally follow the EE Plan, not up to scratch with the whole SP business (if it ain't broke, don't fix kinda thang)

Hi Secret_Squirrel! First of all I love your username! Second, I sympathise entirely with the snacking. My brain goes "It's ok, it's only one biscuit/chocolate bar/cake..." yeah it might be but when you have one of each every day it soon adds up! I've been doing SW since April from home by myself and have literally just cracked the snacking habit. Today is the 4th occasion in 2 weeks that I am resisting a cake at work. This is a massive achievement for a sugar addict like myself. I may reward myself with a banana....

Hi Secret_Squirrel! First of all I love your username! Second, I sympathise entirely with the snacking. My brain goes "It's ok, it's only one biscuit/chocolate bar/cake..." yeah it might be but when you have one of each every day it soon adds up! I've been doing SW since April from home by myself and have literally just cracked the snacking habit. Today is the 4th occasion in 2 weeks that I am resisting a cake at work. This is a massive achievement for a sugar addict like myself. I may reward myself with a banana....

I was certain I wouldn't be alone with the snacking! Welcome to the Secret Squirrel Club!!
When I am in the zone... I am in it. When I am alone, I am in the biscuit tin. Sacrilege!

What sort of 'get out of snacking' tips would you have? Well done on the cake resistance too, it takes will power for sure! Munch on that banana, give yourself a pat on the back and spend the rest of the day with a big ol' grin! :D

I'm wavering @Secret_Squirrel , I'm wavering! BUT if I have the cream doughnut it's 11 syns so I'm still within the limit and I've been very low syn the last couple of days. Argh. Trying to resist. But may give in.

I've literally just had to buy shedloads of syn free snacks and eat one every time I want something naughty. It's better now because I've got out of the habit of eating a whole bag of something so can have treats again one at a time. Mugshots and Muller Lights are my staples and I've recently discovered quark and hot choc powder - it really does make a good low syn mousse!

Wednesday 03/08/16

Good morning! Suns poking its little head out AND its Wednesday, can't be bad. Strange working day though as I have a work event from 3-9pm and won't be going home, really unsure what to have for dinner.

Breakfast - Peanut butter on WM Toast - HExB and 3 syns
Lunch - Ham, Egg and Feta Salad (Lettuce, roast peppers, sweetcorn, gherkins, cucumber) HExA
Dinner - Unsure
Snacks - Fruit salad (yesterdays as I didn't get round to eating it!), Light and Free Strawberry yogurt, banana

Dinner I have a few options, although its late and I would still need to get to the hotel. My options are Sainsbury's Local (hot food counter), Nandos, Wagamama's, Cabana Brazilian BBQ (the latter 2 I can order in advance and takeaway), Busaba Thai, McDonalds or TGI's. Or I can go to Waitrose or M&S at lunch time and get something to chow down on in the evening? But I really hate not having a hot meal, although it will be late... Decisions decisions.

Happy hump day!
xx

Hmm it is tough deciding what to have on the go that's easy quick and low syn! Sainsbury's could be a good plan from the hot food counter, get some cooked chicken or something?

Hmm it is tough deciding what to have on the go that's easy quick and low syn! Sainsbury's could be a good plan from the hot food counter, get some cooked chicken or something?

Well I didn't finish all my lunch salad so I have that leftover and 2 hard boiled eggs. So I am going to have them for dinner but will pick up some hot chicken to go with, probably a butterfly chicken breast from Nandos for 3.5 syns, and maybe a spicy rice for 3 syns. Which will take me to 9.5 syns for the day so nay bad.

Its just so late to eat!! :mad:

So.... last nights dinner ended up being a Wagamama's Chicken and Prawn Yaki Soba for 18 syns, taking me to 21 for the day, slightly over but the thought of warm eggs turned my stomach!!

Today I have been in agony - I have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (aka Crohns Disease). Forgot to take my tablets with me yesterday - oops! Home now and tablets taken.

Food for today... Thursday 04/08/16
Breakfast - 2 x poached egg, 2 bacon (4 syns), beans, 1 slice wm bread HExB
Lunch - Banana, strawberries, blueberries, fat free natural yogurt, cinnamon, tsp peanut butter (3 syns) and drizzle honey (1 syn)
Dinner - Paprika Cod and Fennel Moqueca (sounds uber fancy, its a hello fresh recipe!)
Snack - Itsu Seaweed - this stuff is delicious, but expensive. Only 1 syn for the pack and it has a sweet/salty/crunchy hit that is needed around mid afternoon. Which is now... munch time!

Last edited:
Snacks for this afternoon were ham, gherkins and cheese HExA.

Syns for the day - 9 *EDIT! I had a rice cake with tsp peanut butter on after dinner for 3 syns, 12 in total!*
Both Healthy Extras ticked!

Now work is over for the day I am going to plan meals for the next week and start my food shop for Saturday afternoon delivery.

A meal plan to follow!

Last edited:
Food shop done and meal plan as per below:

upload_2016-8-4_18-20-37.png

Picked up some low syn snacks, because Lord knows I love a snack!
Skips - 4 syns
Mikado - 1/2 syn
Rich Tea Fingers - 1 syn
Options Hot chocolate (to stir into quark - I am a fan of this!) - 2 syns
Ben & Jerrys Son of a wich ice cream sandwiches - 4 syns

So I think I am good to go for the week. I like to be prepared. I don't like to fail! And we all know how that saying goes... (so I won't be boring/predictable and say it!).

Well done that is very organised! And so varied. I just eat the same thing day in day out (because I know it fits plan and because it's cost effective!)

I LOVE the Quark and Options mousse! Have you tried it with the salted caramel Options?

I'm terrible at getting bored very easily so I have to have a variety of choice. Haven't tried quark/salted caramel options however I have got that one coming in the shopping.
Naughty jump on the sad step this morning. Let's just forget that happened...

Now to drag myself out of bed and actually get cracking with work.

After food of course.....

Last edited:
Friday 05/08/16

Breakfast - Cinnamon oats (made with water), topped with yogurt, pumpkin seeds and honey for 2.5 syns
Lunch - Jacket potato, tuna & sweetcorn, HExA Cheddar
Dinner - Sharing platters and drinks Multiple syns
Snacks - banana

Brekkie was delish, just what I needed!
upload_2016-8-5_9-36-55.png

Good morning! So weekend went a bit like this...

Friday
Lunch - had me jacket spud and it was delish (syn free)
Dinner -hen do, sharing foods at TGI Fridays. Wasn't great tbh so didn't overeat. Had about 6 vodka and diet cokes and 2 shots so although "not great", not horrific. 15 send on alcohol, probably 30 on food?

Saturday 06/08/16
Breakfast - yogurt and blueberries
Lunch - 2 toast, flora light 1 syn, nutella tbsp 4 send
Dinner - chicken curry and ping rice, naan bread 8 Sunday
13 syns total

Sunday 07/08/16
Breakfast - bacon, poached egg, beans, mushrooms, wm toast
No lunch
Dinner - BBQ! Marinated chicken (6 syns approx), salad, homemade syn free chilli burgers, sausage (4 syns??), Bread roll x 2 (12 syns) ketchup (3 syns)
Total 25 ish

So wasn't great but wasn't horrendous. I was tempted to have a few drinks on Saturday with my husband but I actually talked myself round and didn't indulge (go me!).

I will be weighing shortly and a maintain would be awesome! Hasn't been 100% on plan to lose, but 100% on damage limitation as I knew I had the hen do and family bbq. And that's the good thing - rather than thinking eff it, I can restart Monday and eat what I want now, I guarantee I'd be up a few lbs when I weigh.

Fingers crossed I'm not when I do jump on the scales!!

I hope you had a great weekend and here's to an even better week xx

Well done it sounds like you've done really well this weekend given the circumstances. Fingers crossed for a good week this week :)

Well done it sounds like you've done really well this weekend given the circumstances. Fingers crossed for a good week this week :)
Thanks, I wasn't awful, just ate with people who aren't trying to lose weight but didn't overeat. So think I was pretty good! How was your weekend? I'll pop on over and take a look at your diary to catch up! :)

Back