(Not so secret) Diary of a tall girl

Went for a lovely walk this morning but for some reason now I feel tired and a bit ill :(. Early to bed tonight. I couldn't be bothered to cook anything for dinner (just glad I still had microwave rice in the cupboard, my last one though so a trip to Tesco is definitely on the cards).

Lunch- Pasta, 42g reduced fat cheddar (1HEA), broccoli, carrots, peas
Dinner- Tilda pilau rice (2 1/2 syns), raw carrot
Snacks- Squares bar (6 syns), apple, clementine, 2 alpen light (1HEB), 2 baby bel original (1HEA),

Total- 2HEB, 2HEA, 11 1/2 syns

Good luck tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Agree with Sausage - come and join us on Sunday weighers. Many of us there are body optimise 'Onliners'. It's a very friendly thread and you would be very welcome.

Glad it's all going well for you.

Gail x

Thanks sausage and Gail :D, posted on the Sunday weigh in thread this morning. Really nice to see other peoples losses :).

First weigh in today and I lost 6lb this week :D. I'm astonished really (although I have stuck to it and it was TOTM last week) because I'm not usually a fast loser.

My motivation has had a great boost. It's a beautiful day and I'm off for a walk (doing the bronze body magic) as soon as I'm dressed. Hope everyone else has a lovely Sunday *hugs*.

Back from my walk :D Having walked ages to find Alpen light the day before yesterday I popped into my local Tesco on the way home today and surprise surprise they have shelves full of them >_<. Never mind. I've eaten about half a punnet of strawberries in the last 15 mins :p I'm definitely finishing them today, they're so tasty. I probably won't be able to buy them again for a while though as they're not cheap and I seem to demolish them.

Breakfast- Egg on toast (1HEB) with quorn sausages and a banana (forgot to do mushrooms this morning :().
Snacks- STRAWBERRIES!, 2 alpen light

Walked a LOT today but oversynned :(.

Lunch- Pasta, tofu, stock cube, carrots
Dinner- Rice, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, stock cube
Snacks- 2 baby bel (1HEA), apples, clementines, iced tea (4 syns worth), 2 Mr Kipling cake slices (11.5 syns :()
Total- 2HEB, 1HEA, 15.5 syns D:

Will be better tomorrow :) (the iced tea was unintentional, a friend made it and poured it for me without asking, I couldn't send it back :/)

Felt a bit rubbish last night after getting a bad mark in some coursework :(. I think that I can thank SW for me not going off the rails though. This time last month I would have bought a stack of chocolate, eaten it all, hated myself and let that hellish spiral take me. Last night I binged on FRUIT (I don't even know if that is a binge) and then went to bed.

This morning I went for a walk and I feel so much better than I would have after the night of chocolate and self-loathing. I'm going to have breakfast and hit the library :p.

(Yesterday-
breakfast: eggs, toast (1HEB), 42g low fat cheddar (1HEA), banana, mushrooms
lunch: leeks, broccoli, carrots, onion, pepper, cauliflower, peas, quorn mince, pasta
dinner: rice, stock cube, tofu, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas
snacks: 2 alpen light (1HEB), snack a jacks (4 1/2 syns), squares bar (6 syns), fruit pastille lolly (3 syns)
Total: 1HEA, 2HEB, 13.5 syns)

Breakfast- French toast (1HEB) with 2 lvl tsp ginger preserve (2 syns? It is full sugar stuff :/) and a clementine
I love this weather. As soon as I have a bit of money I'm going to do a big shop and I think (touch wood) that it's SALAD SEASON :D!

I know :D I never thought I'd see the day when I was excited about making salad!
Lunch- Low fat chedder (1HEA) and apple sandwich (1HEB)
Dinner- Pasta and left over quorn mince...thing :p
Snacks- squares bar (6 syns), 1 bon bon (1.5 syns), fruit pastille lolly (3 syns)
Total- 1HEA, 2HEB, 12.5 syns

Got the munchies today, it was quite hard to resist. Hadn't really planned properly for lunch and I didn't have which is how I ended up having a sandwich which is how I ended up missing my alpen lights which is (I think) how I ended up hungry an hour and a half before dinner :/. Also squares bars have become a bit too much habit and I'm not enjoying them as much as I used to which means I'm eating them quicker and not feeling as satisfied. Have to find some new treat.
Looking forward to a week of 100% though :) Positive thoughts people.

Slightly knackered. I love this weather but it really doesn't put me in the mood to study :). Still, forced myself to do a few hours (and didn't get myself through with fistfuls of minstrels!).
Feeling the "why isn't the weight off NOW?" blues a bit just at the moment. I feel a lot better than I did a couple of weeks ago but I don't think I'll truly be happy until I'm on the other side of 13 stone 5lb (the lowest weight I can remember being since I was 14). Still got a stone to go until I reach that. Still, just have to keep on at it. I may not reach it at speed, even if I'm following the plan to the letter. However, there's no way I'll ever reach it if I don't follow the plan at all :p.

Breakfast- Egg, mushroom, 42g low fat cheddar (1HEA), toast (1HEB)
Lunch- Rice, stock, tofu, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas
Dinner- Mash, 42g low fat cheddar (1HEA), pepper
Snacks- 200ml orange juice (5 syns), 2 Alpen light (1HEB), squares bar (6 syns), fruit pastille lolly (3 syns)
Total: 2HEB, 2HEA, 14 syns

Slightly knackered. I love this weather but it really doesn't put me in the mood to study :). Still, forced myself to do a few hours (and didn't get myself through with fistfuls of minstrels!).
Feeling the "why isn't the weight off NOW?" blues a bit just at the moment. I feel a lot better than I did a couple of weeks ago but I don't think I'll truly be happy until I'm on the other side of 13 stone 5lb (the lowest weight I can remember being since I was 14). Still got a stone to go until I reach that. Still, just have to keep on at it. I may not reach it at speed, even if I'm following the plan to the letter. However, there's no way I'll ever reach it if I don't follow the plan at all :p.

I can relate to lots of what you say. I remember thinking that if I could just get to 14 or 13 stone (when I could look back at photos and think I looked ok (compared to how I looked at the start)) that I would feel better. It was frustrating getting to that point but I just kept at it and now, here I am. The lowest that I've been in 11 years and only 1 stone off my lowest ever as an adult (20 yrs). So I agree, the most important thing is making the plan fun for you so that you stick with the plan. Make it interesting, varied and 'normal' and you will succeed. It's an amazing feeling :)

Well done so far.

Gail x

Thanks for the encouragement Gail :) I know I can do it if I put my mind to it and from then every pound I lose will be "the lowest I have been in X years :D".

Came close to falling off today though! Everything was going well until it got to 1pm and I realised I'd forgotten my packed lunch. My friends had invited me to the student cafe to celebrate our last lectures today and I had a tough time of it. Our student cafe only does panninis, chips, nachos, NOTHING SW. Delicious, but awful if you want to stay on plan. I ended getting a diet fizzy drink and pretending I had a tummy bug to explain why I wasn't eating anything >_<. I got home at about 3pm, starving, and realised I didn't have my keys with me. I phoned all my flat mates but they were in lectures so I trudged around sadly until one of them finally phoned me back and I got into the flat at 4:10pm. So many times I came close to cracking and buying a sweet but I stuck it out. Best bowl of pasta I've ever eaten :).

Breakfast- Mushroom and cheese (1HEA) omelet on toast (1HEB) and banana
Lunch- Pasta, cauliflower, carrots, peas, mozzerella (1HEA)
Snacks- apple, 2 alpen light (1HEB), water melon

There are lots of little victories to keep you amused along the way...

Just one more pound to your half stone sticky...one more pound after that you will be under 200...then not long until your stone sticky.

Keep up the good work. As long as your meals are delicious and varied, you will breeze over to the other side of 13st 5 before you know it :D

Wow. Amazing self control which I feel was absolutely the right thing to do. You should feel really proud of yourself :)

Gail x

Sausage- Thanks :D I think I need to get a few more posts in so I can put some of these goals in my signature to spur me on :)

Gail- Ta, really it's a lesson in not forgetting my packed lunch :p I did still feel a little proud for resisting all the temptations in the shops on my street though :)

Dinner- Rice, broccoli, carrot, peas, stock, quorn sausages
Snacks- 2 fruit pastille lollies (6 syns), apple

Today I discovered that jubbly ice lollies are 1 SYN EACH O:! (Not that I should but) I could eat a whole box of 10 in one day and still have 5 syns left! Also stocked up on meringues and free yogurt. Summer deserts are so good for optimising :)

Am actually really looking forward to Sunday. Bit apprehensive as I've been following the plan really well but as it's my second weigh this loss is likely to reflect what I can reasonably hope to lose each week in future if I stick 100%.

Breakfast- Mushroom and quorn sausage omelet, 2 alpen light (1HEB), watermelon
Lunch- pasta, mozzerella (1HEA), broccoli, carrot, peas, cauliflower, garlic, onion
Dinner- quorn mince, onion, garlic, mixed veg, SW chips (which re scrummy!)
Snacks- Jubbly lolly (1 syn), 2 alpen light (1HEB), fruit pastil lolly (3 syns), 2 meringues (6 syns) and activia fat free yogurt (mmmmmm...)

Back