(Not so secret) Diary of a tall girl

Hello, newbie post :D (I have the starting-out buzz right now).
I don't think I'd call this day 1, it's more like day 0. For starters I didn't get up until very late and I've not kept track of what I've eaten since then. However, I have been to the shop to stock up on SW friendly munch and registered to this forum so that's why I want to include it in this diary :). I will, however, do my first weigh in today.
Weight- 14 stone 11 lb
First goal- 14 stone 4 lb
I'm aiming for a loss of 2 lb by next week (though it would be a lie to say part of me isn't hoping for a little bit more as it's the first week :))

Hellooo and welcome! :D
Good luck with your first week and the rest of your SW journey!
There are hundreds of amazing recipes on the recipe thread (just spaghetti carbonara for my dinner and it was lush!) so there will be plenty of dishes for you to try :D
Enjoy it! xxx

Thanks for the welcome :D. Big cheese (and pasta) fan so I'll definitely have to check out the carbonara recipe :p. Morning of the first day and I still have the buzz :). I just signed up to online SW and feel really great that I decided to make the commitment, I know it's going to mean everything on those bad days that I've made the effort (not to mention I've spent the money now and I've always been one for getting my money's worth- Jimmy Chung's anyone >_<?). I've been in and out of slimming clubs since I was 14, the best loss I ever had was with SW the year before I went to uni. Unfortunately, 2 years into my uni course I'm heavier than I've ever been but now it's time to make the change! I hope to reach my goal (160lb, BMI 23) by my 20th birthday in December. It really would be the best birthday present as I haven't been a healthy weight since I was about 12 :).
Might as well put my breakfast in this post so I don't forget :p.

Mega-nomelet- 3x eggs, red onion, mushroom, 1 baby-bell light (1/3 HEA), 2 slices Hovis wholemeal bread, pot of lady grey, 100ml tesco orange juice (2 1/2 syns).

Lunch- Leftover curry (fortunately syn-free :D): chickpeas, mushrooms, pepper, chillies, garden peas, onion, fry light, rice.

Dinner- Tofu, pasta, carrots, stock cube, broccoli, cauliflower

Snacks- 2 baby bell light (2/3 HEA), marshmallow squares bar (6 syns), banana, satsuma, 2 alpen light (HEB)

Total= 2HEB, 1HEA, 8 1/2 syns (though it may go up to 14 syns if I have a lemon slice :))

Thanks tishbish ^_^ well done on your weight loss so far, your ticker is really inspiring :).

This morning I had another huge omelet for breakfast (eggs, onion, mushrooms, 2 slices toast 1HEB) and a banana.

Unfortunately by the time my second lecture was going my tummy had started to rumble :(. I think that's probably because it's used to being silenced with chocolate bars at every possible oppertunity. I was worried people in my class would hear, but I managed to placate it with a couple of alpen light (1HEB) just in time :p. Hopefully that'll stop by the end of the week :/.

For lunch I had a pouch of tilda pilau rice (2 1/2 syns) with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and peas and a couple of baby bel light (2/3 HEA). I love that rice, can't believe its so low in syns :).

So far snackwise I've had a satsuma and I'm just about to have a fruit pastel lolly (3 syns) (and probably another baby bel :p (1/3 HEA)).

Doing the washing up I put on some Beatles and imagined myself in various beautiful (albeit completely fictional :p) summer dresses. Then I saw myself in the window >_<. Must not get ahead of myself *sigh*.

Dinner- pasta, stock cube, tofu, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (I'm so boring :))

Snacks- apple, satsuma, grapes, lemon slice (5 1/2 syns), 100 ml orange juice (2 1/2)

Brings the total today to 1HEA, 2HEB, 13 1/2 syns :D

I'm beginning to remember how much food takes over my life when I'm trying to lose weight :( For the last year and a bit I've just been stuffing whatever I want into my mouth whenever I want and then feeling dreadful about it only 1 day out of the week, but that's how I got here. I just have to stay on track. Tomorrow is day 3 and I can do it :). I know many people here will understand the feeling of all your thoughts centering around what you're going to eat next :(.

Inspired by reading a post on 100 reasons to lose weight here's mine:

101. So that when I wake up in the morning the one lying on the mattress next to me (hogging all the covers!) isn't my stomach :p

Stressful day of essays :sigh:
Breakfast- quorn sausage, 2 eggs, 2 slices bread (1 HEB), pepper, onion
Lunch- Tofu, stock cube, pasta, broccoli
Dinner- Pasta, 42g low fat cheddar (1 HEA), broccoli, carrot, peas, cauliflower
Snacks- apple, banana, clementine, grapes, squares bar (6 syns), 2 alpen light (1 HEB), 100ml orange juice (2 1/2 syns)

Think that's going to be it for the day (still have more essay to do :cry: trouble is if i start work snacking it will never end!)

1 HEA, 2 HEB, 8 1/2 syns

Essay is finished! I was so tempted to buy myself a reward on the way home (Terry's chocolate orange only £1:50 D: ) but I stayed strong. I have to say one thing though, now that my essay is done I'm seriously thinking about giving up the fizzy drinks. Before this I got through deadlines on full sugar iced tea and plenty of snacks ('brain food' I used to tell myself :/) but since I've (re-)found the SW light I seem to have increased my diet fizzy intake by an insane factor. It makes me bloated, I know I can get addicted to it :)( experience) and it's bound to destroy my teeth in the end. I think I'm going to have to go on a water and tea kick (although when pinch comes to shove I'm still going to have to pick sugar-free fizz if it keeps me from the chocolate oranges :p).

Ugh its hard to make myself do this when im drunk. Too many syns :(. I saved them because i knew i was going out. I stayed good, 3 spirits and diet coke then my friend bought me a cocktail. Apart from that a good day. ill write it up tomorrow when im not so tired. ZZZzzzz

Ok, yesterday

Breakfast- Eggs, Quorn Sausage, Mushroom, 2 sliced small wholemeal loaf (1 HEB)

Lunch- Tilda Pilau Rice (2 1/2 syns), tofu, stock cube, cauliflower, carrots, peas, broccoli

Dinner- Pasta, 42g reduced fat cheddar (1 HEA), Pepper, Onion

Snacks- Clementine, apple, banana, (LOTS of) grapes, 2 alpen light bars, 3 rum and cokes (7 1/2 syns), cocktail (15 syns? I don't know. Too many at any rate)

Totals- 1 HEA, 2 HEB, 25 syns (hooray for flexy syns ;))

I'm so hungry! I'm probably not, I've had lunch and snacks. It's horrible :(. I'm going for a walk to try to take my mind off it.

Breakfast- eggs, 42g reduced fat cheddar (1 HEA), 2 slices wholemeal toast (1 HEB), banana

Lunch- pasta, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, garden peas, quorn sausages

Snacks- apple, clementine, 2 alpen light bars, squares bar (6 syns)

It's kind of getting better now that I've left the kitchen and written this down. I think I waited until I was too hungry to have my lunch and when I get that hungry once I start eating I can't seem to stop :(.

Still going on the walk I think. I wish I could stop thinking about food!

hellooooooooooooo :D

First off, loving your diary!! youve made me laugh a few times which isnt easy to do when im on a "Diet" lol

Im a newbie too, my 2nd weigh in was yesterday and i lost 4lbs, first week i lost 2.5lbs only! Couldnt get my head around it for the first 10days i would say! WW was in there and didnt wanna be moved!!!

Good Luck with it all!!! Im off to start my own diary now, i think its a great idea! Name and Shame!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Start Weight 16st 3.5lbs

Week 1 -2.5lbs
Week 2 -4lbs

Thanks tippex and snugglepuss123 :D and a big hello! It's really motivating to know that there are people reading what you're doing to cheer you on when you keep on track (and poke you with the big pointy internet stick when you aren't :s).

The walk really helped take my mind off the food. Well, that is until I wandered into Tesco, don't know how that happened. Fortunately I got away with just buying vegetables.

I went to a friend's for dinner (always a risk, especially when it's one who doesn't know you're food optimising). She made us spinach and ricotta tortellini (no sauce, she doesn't do sauces), with lots of veg (which was good). Unfortunately I was convinced that I'd blown at least double the 9 syns I had left today with the pasta filling alone so I almost caved when she started offering round the french fancies.

But I stayed strong, just checked syns online and the half pack of tortellini only cost me 6 syns :D. I would have gone over my syns for the day if I'd had the french fancy, I know this experience will help in future when I think I've blown it.

Apart from that I've just eaten a nice raw carrot and an apple and I'm not hungry in the least :).

Last edited:
On a walk today to find Alpen light (have run out and none of my local shops seem to stock them :() I passed the area my first year student flats are in, where I lived last year. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane, except when I started thinking about my relationship with food shops back then :/. "Oh, that's where I bought a 200g galaxy and ate it all before I got back home, and that's where I bought a tub of phish food ben and jerry's and hid myself away from my flatmates in my room one afternoon and ate it all. Oh and over there is where I bought that giant bag of sensations and ate 3/4 of it and felt horrible so i threw 1/4 in the bin, promptly changed my mind, took the bag out of the bin and finished the lot." Yeah, it would be more than a little lie to say I don't have food issues. On the plus side I found the Alpen light ^_^.

Breakfast- cheese (1HEA) and mushroom omelet on toast (1HEB)
Lunch- Rice, stock cube, tofu, carrots, peas (mmmm...)
Snacks- 2 Alpen light (1HEB :D), apple, banana, clementine, strawberries

On a walk today to find Alpen light (have run out and none of my local shops seem to stock them :() I passed the area my first year student flats are in, where I lived last year. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane, except when I started thinking about my relationship with food shops back then :/. "Oh, that's where I bought a 200g galaxy and ate it all before I got back home, and that's where I bought a tub of phish food ben and jerry's and hid myself away from my flatmates in my room one afternoon and ate it all. Oh and over there is where I bought that giant bag of sensations and ate 3/4 of it and felt horrible so i threw 1/4 in the bin, promptly changed my mind, took the bag out of the bin and finished the lot." Yeah, it would be more than a little lie to say I don't have food issues. On the plus side I found the Alpen light ^_^.

omg this could be me lol i had 2 cream cakes (as well as a load of other stuff) i decided to throw one away so i screwed it up while still in the box but took it out an hour later and ate it. i have a shop literally round the corner and i buy a few choccie bars eat them on the way home (its surprising how much u can eat in a couple of mins hee hee) then go in with 1 bar pretending i'm being good :angeldevil: of course thats the old me ;) hope u've had a good day x

omg this could be me lol i had 2 cream cakes (as well as a load of other stuff) i decided to throw one away so i screwed it up while still in the box but took it out an hour later and ate it. i have a shop literally round the corner and i buy a few choccie bars eat them on the way home (its surprising how much u can eat in a couple of mins hee hee) then go in with 1 bar pretending i'm being good :angeldevil: of course thats the old me ;) hope u've had a good day x
It's horrifically easy to do, because after you've splurged and binned a little while later the hunger comes back with a vengeance (coz now you feel crap about the splurge) and you decide to hell with it :( And I've done the buy a few choccie bars and eat the evidence so it looks like I only bought one thing too. Looking back I can realise it was stupid because I'm only fooling myself and my body is going to put on the weight of all of the choccie bars and it won't think "oh well I thought she ate 5 crunchies but apparently I was mistaken, she only seems to have 1 now, right, no weight gain today" :p. Glad to hear its the old you. Me too hopefully :D. Had a good day up til now thanks :) x.

Dinner- Pasta, quorn sausages, carrot

Snack- Squares bar (6 syns), apple

Last day before weigh in (I joined SW online last sunday at 207lb :/). I'm so excited ^_^ it feels a bit like Christmas did when I was 7 :p. I hope I've lost something. It's such a lovely day and all the slim people are out in their pretty spring wardrobes. Hopefully i will be joining them in summer :D.

Breakfast- mushroom and quorn sausage omelet on toast (1HEB) and a banana

Back