Not strictly a Dukan question but...

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
I'm looking for foundation for mature oily skin and am tired of googling this question in various variations. I need good coverage but hate the masky feeling, and I defo need matte because I shine like a beacon - dewey my arse! So just wondering what others in my situation are using and what your recommendations are. ;)

Pauline, I've heard of the Dior stuff but have never tried it. I think it's similar to the MUFE? I can source the Dior locally but not the MUFE, and I certainly don't mind investing into good makeup (ok I mind but it's a necessary evil). As you say, you get what you pay for and I do this all the time - I get something cheaper and end up having to buy the better product in the end anyway. Doh!
Thanks for this tip :)

Just chiming in as Polly I have already tired you to death....I am getting married in 2 months and looking for a good foundation that lasts all day....Polly wiukd this do the trick ??? Xxx

Jerome Alexander makes a fantastic powder mineral foundation. It has correcting colour pigments in it for blemishes, un-even skin tone etc.

Dont be put off that its now being sold by JML, it hasnt always been. I swear by it and Im sure its suitable for all skin types

jan9209 said:
Just chiming in as Polly I have already tired you to death....I am getting married in 2 months and looking for a good foundation that lasts all day....Polly wiukd this do the trick ??? Xxx

Oh yes darling, just perfect :D

P x

Bare essentials mineral powder x

jan9209 said:
Ohhh debenhams or house of Fraser's? X

Either love and get them to try it on you first, they can match your colour and you can see if you like it :D

The best thing I ever did in terms of foundation was to buy a decent foundation brush - you use less product, the finish is better and lasts longer. Crikey, I sound like a perma tanned, commission based sales luvvie!! :eek:

P x

I've tried expensive and cheap and find for my skin which is oily and old lol, max factor second skin foundation, its in a pump goes on great and is flattering as it is Matte and no shine, and then I mineral perfection powder blusher no 7 boots doesn't break the bank xxx

Oy, just joining in here - I used the bare minerals for about 5 years but it seems to be sinking into my lines recently so I've switched to a liquid. And as far as applicator is concerned, I am now using and absolutely swear by the cosmopolitan sponge. I'm right now using this Korean bb cream, it's actually fantastic but very light (in colour I mean) and they seem to have made the darker versions for the US market which I understand are pretty crap as well as being stinky.

CG, how old are you...if its not to rude to ask a lady her age lol

We certainly have xxx

Can't stand makeup at all, my skin just won't stand it. But a couple of years back I was trying to make myself wear it to gain a bit of confidence. I went into boots and the lady at the max factor actually let me take a tiny sample away with me. it was one of those mousse type ones. Worth a look in there.

CheeseGirl said:
I'd love to be able to not wear makeup but my complexion is so messed up I feel awful without it :) My mother was blessed with great skin but I inherited her other traits instead - saggy boobs, crusty heels and fat feet!! Oh the joy!

Lol, hahaha :)

Found the staff in BENEFIT (Spitalfields) were helpful, patient and friendly. Love their Pore Professional PRO Balm which you put on under foundation, a bit like a base coat. Seem to help prevent the foundation filling the lines. My 61 yr old skin is classed as normal, with this base No 7 foundation works fine for me.

Found the staff in BENEFIT (Spitalfields) were helpful, patient and friendly. Love their Pore Professional PRO Balm which you put on under foundation, a bit like a base coat. Seem to help prevent the foundation filling the lines. My 61 yr old skin is classed as normal, with this base No 7 foundation works fine for me.

Sadly Benefit is not available where I live. But maybe by mail order...

Back