Not sure about LT anymore!

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hiya all!

I used to be the biggest (and skinniest ha) advocate of Lipotrim, I lost over 8 stone on it in 2008 but over time i regained some then just had a baby 3 week ago and am now looking for a way to shift the baby weight and then some. I'm just gone so dubious of Lipotrim, everytime I'm on here there's new people and re-re-re-starters (same as myself), whereas with the likes of Weight watchers etc there's lots of people who've lost lots of weight and sticking to it for sometimes years. Does anyone else know what I mean, I think I'm looking for people to give me hope in it again. Do people actually keep the weight off long term, cos I've been on LT forums since 2008 and haven't known of anyone to keep it off :(

Really sorry for the negative thread but just looking for some hope here! :)
Well done to all x

i must assume that by the nature of this forum the people who have had success and are keeping it off probably don't feel the need to use it anymore, there are plenty of people on the maintenance forum that appear to be keeping it off and for years in some cases you should have a gander.

Im a re-starter but I know the weight I gained is all my fault. Eating out all the time, binge drinking and then binge eating the next day! Ive also lost weight doing weight watchers in the past and regained! I know now that I am seriously going to have to change my lifestyle if I want to keep this weight off, and not stuff my face and think oh its ok I'll go back on lipotrim to loose it quickly. I am planning to go to weight watchers again tho after I come off this to try and learn how to have a healthier relationship with food instead of my binge or bust attitude! Also need to do some kind of excersise aswell, I dont hardly move! Good luck with what you decide. Lipotrim is quick but it isnt the end of it is it? Need to develop healthy habits after it, that I know is where I went wrong. xxx

Have a look on the maintenence/refeed forum,there's ladies on there that have been on the same weight for 3 years now so don't give up, you CAN do it! :D

Losing the weight is only the start of your journey. Keeping it off is the challenge irrespective of how they lost it in the first place. We only regain when we lose focus or willingly go back to old habits. Once we have a tendency to gain weight then returning to old eating habits will equal weight gain.
You have the best motivation right beside you!! Your lovely new baby needs a happy healthy Mum!
I have maintained my TFR losses and lost another thirty pounds through following GL , glycemic load, principles. I never ever feel I am on a diet, it's just a great new lifestyle!
Get to it hon, you can do it again!

Hi daisy. This is my first time on lipotrim and I thought the same needed I decided to start. Realistically, if you loose weight by any means and return to the life style that you caused you to be overweight, youth will always regain thee weight

Thanks for the replies everyone, I totally agree with all the advice given. I think i'm just finding excused NOT to go back on LT for fear of giving up or cheating :( I found it amazing when I was on it and even when i'd put back on some weight i KNEW it was my own fault, just sooo much stigma attached to it on other sites. i love minimins for not condeming it because it gave me a taste of being thin and the knowledge that i COULD be so however i choose to go about losing it, i know it's afterwards that matters.
x

Im a re-starter but I know the weight I gained is all my fault. Eating out all the time, binge drinking and then binge eating the next day! Ive also lost weight doing weight watchers in the past and regained! I know now that I am seriously going to have to change my lifestyle if I want to keep this weight off, and not stuff my face and think oh its ok I'll go back on lipotrim to loose it quickly. I am planning to go to weight watchers again tho after I come off this to try and learn how to have a healthier relationship with food instead of my binge or bust attitude! Also need to do some kind of excersise aswell, I dont hardly move! Good luck with what you decide. Lipotrim is quick but it isnt the end of it is it? Need to develop healthy habits after it, that I know is where I went wrong. xxx

Glammam you could be describing me! Have joined a gym now tho and loving it! Some time away from the kids, feels really indulgent so hopefully will help when I come off tfr. Very nervous about eating again because I'm not sure I'll stop again!

Hi daisy. I hope you do try it again, but whatever you do decide, don't ever set yourself up for failure with negative thoughts. You can and will do this. Tell yourself everyday out loud that you are slim and confident and love the body you are in, and this will become the truth in time. I read yesterday that there is no cure for obesity, but you can keep it at bay. I understand now that I have done alot of damage to my body and for the rest if my life I will always have to work to maintain my weight. I used to think that thin people didn't have to do this, but when I really look at their lifestyle, they are naturally more active than me and naturally eat less than I do. I just needed to change my mind set. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Thanks for that Shaz. I'm seriously considering it now after weighing myself. Oh the thoughts of WW is depressing, I want to start feeling nice in clothes etc soon!! This time I would join a gym etc but I'm nervous about telling my boyfriend, we live together and he's seen me do LT for a week here and there literally about 10 times!! This time I really want to do it, at least until at a more normal weight, then WW cos i defo need ongoing support. My mam died when my baby was just 11 days old so i'm worried that he and friends will think it's a bad time to start as i've been very down, but i think this could help with that? Being on here, going for walks, gym etc? x

Thanks for that Shaz. I'm seriously considering it now after weighing myself. Oh the thoughts of WW is depressing, I want to start feeling nice in clothes etc soon!! This time I would join a gym etc but I'm nervous about telling my boyfriend, we live together and he's seen me do LT for a week here and there literally about 10 times!! This time I really want to do it, at least until at a more normal weight, then WW cos i defo need ongoing support. My mam died when my baby was just 11 days old so i'm worried that he and friends will think it's a bad time to start as i've been very down, but i think this could help with that? Being on here, going for walks, gym etc? x

aw daisy im so sorry for your loss hun,i cant imagine what your going through but listen clearly when i tell you this! if you know what you want in life dont be thinking of the ear ache you'll get from others! like you i spent ages on and off lipotrim,one week here and there.. anytime i thought about starting everyone i told just said yeah whatever,i knew they were thinking 'ah she wont stick to it' anyway i had it out with my fella on sunday,i told him i actually hate myself,who ive turned into and what i look like,big miserable and depressed! i used to be such a happy bubbly girl,the centre of attention in a word,like i was always the joker and the life of parties! until i had my lil lady and i piled on 5 stone! so for the first time when i mentioned doing the shakes again he said to me that he wants me to do them,whatever will make me happy again cause i needed it to happen fast! so after a heart to heart with him,we decided no-one is being told what im doing and i feel so in control knowing he is supporting me this time! im on day 3 today and im in flying form.. what you need to do is sit your partner down and explain to him what you want,how it will make you feel and in 2-3 weeks you will be a new girl again! im a serial dieter but my health is on the line so for the first time i know i HAVE to do this right,not just need to for ''fashion'' purposes but for my life ;) i hope you get what you want and whatever decision you make,im here for you!! xx

So sorry to hear what you've been through daisy. I find the pharmacy one on one consultation great support. Great advice from that last post. Best of luck to both of you.

Back