Not sure I eat enough...

BrightonMark

Trying... Really Trying.
Hey,

There have been a few posts about not eating enough during the little heat wave we had BUT I find I do this all the time, I generally will have

Breakfast
Banana and an Apple maybe few grapes as well.
Lunch
Either chicken Salad or a Uncle bens Rice pack (sometimes 1/2syns)
Snack
More grapes maybe a muller light.
Rarely have dinner if I do its something light like salad or scrambled eggs and beans.
(Once a week have a treat blowout dinner without counting anything)

So I dont have my HEX, I dont really syn day to day, I am losing weight rapidly (1.5stone so far, roughtly 3-5 lbs a week) which I'm happy with, I go on the bike for 45 minutes each night or play squash so I'm not short of energy it seems, I'm sleeping well, I feel much healthier in myself, I take vits daily to make sure I'm not short of anything. I just dont feel the compulsion to eat.

But I feel like I'm doing a cross between slimming world and a very low calorie diet, I know alot of people say that you go into starvation mode and you lose weight less but I really dont find this. Does anyone do this? I feel like I dont want to sacrifice the rapid loss of weight for meals I dont fancy.

I'm the same! When I first started I ate loads but past 2 weeks my days are not that full of food. A typical day will be:

Breakfast: either nothing or some pineapple with natural yogurt.

Lunch: sandwich of some sort, banana

Dinner: a main SW meal

Very occasionally I will have a SW bar

I average 3lb off a week

Does that REALLY fill you up? I only ask because if that little amount of food fills you up how did you get overweight?

If it's working for you then fair do's but you're not really following the SW plan by missing out the HE's. It might work for now, but once you've lost the weight, how will you maintain?

xx

Stackhead said:
Does that REALLY fill you up? I only ask because if that little amount of food fills you up how did you get overweight?

If it's working for you then fair do's but you're not really following the SW plan by missing out the HE's. It might work for now, but once you've lost the weight, how will you maintain?

xx

That is an excellent point. Also you are seeing good losses now but as the weight drops the rate you lose it will also drop and youve already used the one main weapon to help that which is eat less. You should eat your hex to make sure you get the recommended daily amounts of calcium fibre etc.

I think its quite interesting all the threads on here atm about how little people actually eat and now im beginning to wonder what people put themselves through for a 4-5 pound a week weight loss?!!

im beginning to wonder what people put themselves through for a 4-5 pound a week weight loss?!!

I think the main point of these threads is that in this heat people dont FEEL like eating, its not a struggle for me to go without and when I'm on a diet I dont see the sense in forcing down a meal, in essence eating when I wasnt hungry just because "Its dinner time" was what got my overweight in the first place, so as my appetite has left so my eating habits have dropped away.

Plus to be honest a couple of pounds weight loss means ALOT to most people on a diet, if it didnt, why would we bother and why would we be posting on a diet forum?

I think the main point of these threads is that in this heat people dont FEEL like eating, its not a struggle for me to go without and when I'm on a diet I dont see the sense in forcing down a meal, in essence eating when I wasnt hungry just because "Its dinner time" was what got my overweight in the first place, so as my appetite has left so my eating habits have dropped away.

Plus to be honest a couple of pounds weight loss means ALOT to most people on a diet, if it didnt, why would we bother and why would we be posting on a diet forum?

It's important to recognise that just because you don't feel like eating doesn't mean your body doesn't need food many people suffer with lack of appetite but they have to ensure they eat. 2 meals a day is not enough for someone who is exercising as you do. It's simple science.

As I said, if it's working for you then fine and well done on your weight loss. My concern was when you stop losing the weight, how could you amend your diet to start the loss again? Cut down to 1 meal a day?
You're also not having fibre, calcium and fat which are all essential parts of a well balanced diet, so your deprived nutritionally.

If you want to keep losing the amount of weight you are i'd recommend that you find an official VLCD that you can follow rather than making up your own, to be on the safe side.

xx

If you're hungry eat, if you're not don't. Whatever plan you do you have to find your own way and tweak it to suit your lifestyle. As long as you are getting a good mix of healthy foods and have the energy to do everything you want/need to do you'll be fine.

Better not to eat those spare cals/syns/points than to eat them and trigger a binge.

Your body usually finds a way to tell you what it wants in warm weather I can exist on a decent breakfast then fruit and fluids the rest of the day.

I certainly couldn't survive on the food you eat in a day, and I'm sorry, but tweaking the plan by not having your HEXs or syns is just plain stupid IMO. Even if you do't increase your food intake (I get that in this heat it can be difficult to eat loads) you could easily have a hifi bar and milk in tea to take care of the HEX's, and have some synned dressing on your salad. HEX's and Syns are part of the plan. If you aren't eating them, you aren't following it, so if and when your particular tweaked pln stops working, you will not be able to blame the plan, cos you've not been following it.

It also doesn't actually follow that you would not continue to loose significant amounts of weigh should you eat the HEX's and syns. HEX's are there to help you loose weight for goodness sake, and whilst I appreciat that you want to loose weight quickly, it doesn't make sense to make yourself a martyr in the process.

Finally, of course everyone on here wants to loose weight, just that some of us choose to take the long way round. I am happy if I loose any weight each week. i don't set goals. I know it will take me a while to get to my target, and I accepted that at the beginning. i am not putting my life on hold whilst I get there.

Back