Not sure if im doing ok?

MrsGlas81

Hi everyone,

A serial dieter here! Just finished a month on exante, lost just over a stone, went on holiday and put on a few pounds (not as many as I thought thank god!), but now I'm trying to do a low carb diet. I read the Atkins book, but I'm not strictly following Atkins, I'm worried I'm eating too much fat.... Been going to town a bit on the cream and butter! Am logging my food on the MFP app, and I'm a bit worried about the fat content of what I'm eating, but yesterday I ate 25g of carbs and today it's been 50g... Is this ok?

What I ate today was....
BF 2 soft boiled eggs
LU chicken drumsticks, cucumber, celery, rocket, a bag of kp nuts (measured)
D. Chicken breat, mushrooms in a knorr sauce (4g for the whole thing but split with the family) cream, cheese, broccoli, courgette and onion
Snacks... Popcorn and one choc digestive biscuit

Should I restrict the cream and butter I use? Are there any low carb websites that might be helpful for me?

Thanks

Kate

Your menu looks ok to me. I don't think you should restrict the fat. If your restricting carbs you need fat. I believe Atkins people do some thing like 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60 % fat. I'm doing low GL and I aim for 25% carbs, 25% protein and 50 % fat. On low GL we are encouraged to get our fats from healthy sources such as nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil etc. A lot of people fall off the wagon trying to do low carb and low fat at the same time.

Rhyannasmum said:
Your menu looks ok to me. I don't think you should restrict the fat. If your restricting carbs you need fat. I believe Atkins people do some thing like 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60 % fat. I'm doing low GL and I aim for 25% carbs, 25% protein and 50 % fat. On low GL we are encouraged to get our fats from healthy sources such as nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil etc. A lot of people fall off the wagon trying to do low carb and low fat at the same time.

Oh lovely, that sounds great - thanks for putting my mind at ease about this, just looked at my MFP and the ratios have been spot on for Atkins, phew!

Back