Not sure this plan is for me

krazychic

I am beginning to think this plan is not for me. I really can't stop nibbling when I am cooking. Not sure if it's force of habit or what. Even today some of my friends came to visit me and I made some dinner for them and they were like "why are you not eating?" as I just sat down with my shake and I said I was on a diet and when I told them which one I got a huge lecture that I will gain the weight back and have health problems and blah blah blah which made me in turn get so annoyed so I ate a bit of chicken to shut them up. Then the guilt happened afterwards that I shouldn't have sabotaged my plan because of their idiotic comments. I am getting weighed on Monday but I dare say I have lost nothing as I have been chomping on everything in site. If there was such a thing of stapling my jaws together that might work.

This diet is definitely not for everyone so dont feel bad if you decide its not for you, but I would also say don't make that decision based on other peoples opinions. Not everyone finds it easy to get their head around how this diet could possibley work/not be dangerous, I usually avoid talking about it except among a select few people. Most of us can't stick to it 100% without at least a couple of slip-ups, but don't let your friends be the ones ruining it for you, maybe if that happens again say you've already eaten or you've got a tummy bug. The only way to prove them wrong is to lose the weight and keep it off, and that takes determination no matter what diet you do.

Maybe you should weigh up the pros and cons of doing this over another diet, and come to a decision yourself. Good luck either way hun, and you know you'll find support on here no matter what you decide to do :)

I think Shikei is absolutely right. This diet is not for everyone but you have to decide for yourself. I have only told a handful of close people to me that I'm following this diet and they are supportive. The way i looked at is was, I was almost 25 stone when I started this diet, I'm in my early 40's and because I had over half my body weight to lose the task was daunting. Although I felt fine health wise my weight was obviously damaging my body, my knees, hips and back hurt, I plodded up the stairs and got out of breath very easily. I couldn't do the activities I wanted to with my children and my incredibly unhealthy eating habits were starting to be picked up by my girls. I've decided that following LT has got to be better than being 25 stone!

I'd been mulling over LT for quite a few months before I started and kidded myself at first I could lose my weight another way, WW, SW or a low fat diet but I can't. I can lose a few pounds, stick to it for a couple of weeks but food was always in the equation and I just cannot control it, I liked the feeling of being really full. Also because I had 175lbs to lose the task seem so huge and would take me so long I got disheartened very quickly. With LT the food is taken away completely, I am not allowed to eat, full stop, and that personally is much better for me. Six weeks later I have lost 2st 4lbs and I can really feel the difference. I can walk much easier and faster, I feel lighter, my knees, hips and back already don't hurt half as much and even though I've still got 143lbs to go I know I can do it and I can see the time frame it will take. By next summer I will be at my goal, there are so many things I want to do and that's whats keeping me motivated. I actually feel really excited about it! After LT will I be able to stay ay my goal? I don't know yet but I do know that you can put all the weight back on no matter what diet you've followed. I'm hoping that as I won't have eaten for 10 months, food won't be as important to me as it once was and I will be able to control it better. I'm thinking of joining WW or SW as soon as I finish LT as a way of keeping me on my guard.

LT is tough to follow especially in the first few days and weeks but it does get easier. However you have to commit to following it and the nibbling has to stop. Have a good think about what you want. Best wishes.

BM

Back