Not sure what to do ... advice please regarding work!

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Hi .. not sure why im posting but need some imput As you all know i work for a care company who arnt all that great to be honest ..
anyway i started with cystitus yesterday morning have been taking the oasis sachets and there not working so i went to work this morning as it was to late to phone in sick ... it wasnt great so uncomfy i was standing all the time which made the feeling worse. anyway I rang work cos i couldnt get in somwhere and said to her (my boss) that i may not be in tomorow evening as i thought i had a water infection and was at the docs today .... so she said
"OH you'll be fine once youve got some antibiotics!"
How i feel at the moment is awful and really dont want to go tomorow as ive got a hoist job and the rest is standing so would i be a woos not to go in or what ? oh i dont know

Aw darlin! You poor thing! Well look, if you're not well you're not well...and that's that! Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about it.
You should make sure and tell her that your Doc said to take the day off or it could spread to your kidneys and develop into a kidney infection and then you would have to take maybe a week off!!! Your health is your wealth hun X

If you are not well - you are not well, and the best place for you is at home recuperating so you can get better quicker.

Go see your GP and get some anti-biotics if that's waht you need - then 'phone work up and tell them you'll be back when you feel you are better.

Hope you soon feel better mwah!

Kirsty,you seem to be having alot of problems there with them hun,they dont seem very nice to you,if your not well tomorrow i wouldnt go,sod them!
I think you need to find a company that care for you a bit more unlike what they are like.
Hope you feel better huni xx

Ur GP would give you a sick line for that, but a self certificate should last you 7 days, i work in a surgical receiving ward and we get people admitted with urine infections all the time, dont feel pressured into going to work, we all know how uncomfortable it is, and it takes a day or 2 for the antibiotics to kick in just mind drink plenty of water x

thanks guys!
Ive been to the docs and he said it is a water infection but sounded like it had spread upwards which gives the kidney pain and flu like symtoms so ive got antibiotics and ive just rung work and told them i wont be in tomorow .. so she said "ok ill take them off you" that was it
so but anyway i feel better now knowing im not under the pressure of being 100% for tomorow xxx

Maybe you have a wee stone in your kidney its very common, most people can pass them without any problems just keep drinking plenty fluids, ive had a kidney stone and theyre very painful but thankfully mine passed without any problems but i was admitted to hospital x

Don't fret Kirsty, the worst has passed! Once you take the first two antibiotics you start to feel better, less back pain, less heaviness, no urgency! Get a hot water bottle at your back too... Us folks, (Ireland and UK) always get these kind of infections when the weather changes because people are always sitting outside and soaking up whatever sun we get no matter whether it is hot-hot or not! :)
Yay!!! You lucky thing you have tomorrow off....le sigh...jealous....

hope your feeling better mate the cranberry juice is found in Sainsburys down the juice isle in cartons i feel tons better now after my antibioticsxxxxx

Hiya all! ... am in Cornwall at the moment with my parents, and have visited the out of hours doctors as the antibiotics i had from docs last week wernt touching it and im sorta walking a bit bend forward ! so im not on Augmentin antibiotics and co codamol painkillers so i am hoping they work :( as im so not happy with this anymore ive had enough!
thanks for asking paula :) xx

Back