Not sure where I am really....

Gen

Normal
well guys... i'm not sure where i am to be honest. i'm not following any diet and don't seem to have any control over myself at the moment at all...

i have a family reunion type thing on this weekend, its my mothers family, and i had posted here a while ago that i was going to be nearly at goal by now and now i just don't want to go and am seriously considering not going cos of this crap.

weighed myself this morning and am 13st 9lb. my lowest on cd was 12st 4lb, you do the maths......... i feel massive!!!

to top it all i have to take an antibiotic for a week which i don't think i can ss on... i'm gonna try to find out if a) i can postpone taking them for a while or b) can i take them on ss...

so i'm a bit pissed off at the moment and need badly to take control back but i really haven't a clue where to start.

there are no cdc's near me and the one that is the closest is useless.......... believe me i would drive anywhere for a good cdc at this stage..... i used to drive about 40 mins each way every week to see my old cdc but she is not here anymore!!!

love

Gen xx

Hi Gen
((((hugs))))
I have been where you are for 8 months,I lost 2st 9lbs on Cd last year and I was only 1st 4lbs from target and I went out on a works do and moved house and I blew it all out of the window and 8 months of struggling to get back on was c*ap and so was my CDC and I regained it ALL plus 5lbs on top :eek:
RIGHT you can do this you have shown yourself and us how fab you sre at this you have been there for me when I have struggled and youve beenhere for many of us and we so want you to do this,please go to the reunion as I think if you dont you'll regret it!Then get back on track asap.........as you said you'll drive to find another CDC so drive,phone Cambridge up and get ready,you'll look fab at the reunion I know your abit heavier now then you were and believe me I know how your feeling inside,depressed and cross with yourself?I went on holiday in July saying for months I will be at goal but heyy there I was bigger than ever BUT I MADE myself go in that pool as I said I would.
Come on hun get that phone make that call to find that new CDC?????YOU CAN DO IT?????
Leave in the past that youve gained this is a new time for you and By christmas you'll be at that lowest point AGAIN
xxc:D smile:D

I wish you lived around here! We have CDC's coming out of the woodwork!

Well I suppose you have many choices and it depends. I loved WLR as it meant I could eat what I wanted. I didn't want any restrictions after finishing with a VLCD. I just wanted to eat healthily, but if I felt like eating all the wrong things for a while to get it out of my system, so be it.

What you know though, is you have to do something. Just finding the plan for you.

Hi Gen
((((hugs))))
I have been where you are for 8 months,I lost 2st 9lbs on Cd last year and I was only 1st 4lbs from target and I went out on a works do and moved house and I blew it all out of the window and 8 months of struggling to get back on was c*ap and so was my CDC and I regained it ALL plus 5lbs on top :eek:
RIGHT you can do this you have shown yourself and us how fab you sre at this you have been there for me when I have struggled and we so want you to do this,please go to the reunion as I think if you dont you'll regret it!Then get back on track asap.........as you said you'll drive to find another CDC so drive,phone Cambridge up and get ready,you'll look fab at the reunion I know your abit heavier now then you were and believe me I know how your feeling inside,depressed and cross with yourself?I went on holiday in July saying for months I will be at goal but heyy there I was bigger than ever BUT I MADE myself go in that pool as I said I would.
Come on hun get that phone make that call to find that new CDC?????YOU CAN DO IT?????
Leave in the past that youve gained this is a new time for you and By christmas you'll be at that lowest point AHAIN
xxc:D smile:D

Hey hun

Thanks for the post. The only thing is there are no CDC's in Ireland................. they all do it by post!!! the one that there is here is less than useless and i have such a bad feeling about her!!!

I know I can do this on my own but it is harder!!

thanks for replying hun and well done on getting back on you!!

Love

Gen xx

I wish you lived around here! We have CDC's coming out of the woodwork!

Well I suppose you have many choices and it depends. I loved WLR as it meant I could eat what I wanted. I didn't want any restrictions after finishing with a VLCD. I just wanted to eat healthily, but if I felt like eating all the wrong things for a while to get it out of my system, so be it.

What you know though, is you have to do something. Just finding the plan for you.

i do think ss'ing is the way forward for me at the moment cos anytime i introduce food i mess up and just eat crap!!!

i want instant results but in the meantime i'm instantly putting on weight!!!

talk about going around in circles..........

Bizarre suggestion but may be worth considering?

((((hugs)))) Gen

All I can say is this.. try to forget how much you used to weigh, it's not helping you... the fact that you are trying to find the right diet for you is a massive sign that you are in control.:D I truly believe you will succeed!:D I think there is a CDC up in the North, but I know that's a long long way to go.. now, and I know this is a really mad thing to suggest, but, have you thought of using ryan airs and easyjets mad prices and flying over once a month and seeing a cdc over here:confused: I know it would cost about £30 each trip (possibly less - I flew return to Dublin for £15 last year and Belfast for £9).. but it might be worth a go if CD is definitely the way ahead? I'm sure there would be a CDC who lives near an airport - say Luton? who could help. You wouldn't even need to stay overnight.. just a short hop over and back.. I know it is a bizarre suggestion but short of exporting the CDC's from over here (and I for one will NOT be doing so with mine!!) then I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Sorry hun, really hope you feel happier very soon.:)

Hey hun

Thanks for the post. The only thing is there are no CDC's in Ireland................. they all do it by post!!! the one that there is here is less than useless and i have such a bad feeling about her!!!

I know I can do this on my own but it is harder!!

thanks for replying hun and well done on getting back on you!!

Love

Gen xx
IT IS HARD ON YOUR OWN THAT WHY IM DOING LL IM NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT BUT CANT SOMEONE WEIGH YOU SAY GO TO THERE HOUSE WEEKLY LIKE A SUPPORTIVE FRIEND AND YOU COME ON HERE AND WE SUPPORT YOU LIKE A CDC WOULD?THERE MUST BE SOME WAY TO DO THIS?MAYBE A CDC HERE CAN BE YOUR NEW COUNSELLOR SUPPORT ??WISH I COULS HELP YOU,I HAD THE SAME PROB AS YOU WITH 1 CDC WHERE I LIVE AND NO OTHERS AT ALL.
XXC

Hugs Gen - you KNOW that I know how you feel - I've had the most rubbish 3 months, eating wise and it's taken me this long to get started again.

I think that FFF's suggestion is rather a good one - something to think about, hey? The airlines are doing silly prices right now, aren't they!

Failing that, just get your packs off the nearest CDC (and I know you haven't got a lot of choice on that score, darling) and let us support you through it.

You can lose a load of weight by the VFBC!!!!!!!! Think of a yummy dress you'd like to wear to get you through the first horrid days????

lots of love

((((Gen))))
it's awful when you want something that badly ... you work hard for it and then start to lose it. Which is what I did - wanted to lose the weight - did and then put half of it back on. But you are showing such determination to succeed against all odds - by the way if you do need to eat with yr antibiotics then leave SS for a little while.

Several have suggested flying over to the Uk ... I notice you are in Dublin - what about the boat across to Anglesey??? I regularly go across to Anglesey and would be happy to meet up and be your CDC (we walk along the beach even in the rain!!! - sad aren't we??!!! .... sure the locals think we're mad!!)

Otherwise as Isobel said get yr packs from yr local CDC and come on here for support.

Whatever you choose - good luck!

{{{Hugs}}}

Its kinda hard where you are now. But I will agree with them here. You would be better off not by being alone but by joining the crowd and to be with those who are in the same situation as you!

Ah Gen, I really hate hearing you feel so down & sad... especially you who has supported me SO bloody much over the last few months..

I can relate to your situation completely though, I am in exactly the same boat as you know...
I was living in Cork where there are 2 CDC's & going to 1 in particular, she was OK, not great to be honest, I went in had a quick chat, got weighed, grabbed my stuff, wrote the cheque & gone... the whole process usually taking around 10 or 15 mins!!

I was so excited when I moved to Wexford as I knew there was a new CDC in Wicklow (same one you're talking about!), it would mean over an hour's drive but I was so looking forward to getting more support...

Well, that soon went out the window as you already know..after weeks of phoning & no answer, leaving messages, texting with no answer, (I mean couldn't she have at least returned a call, I even texted that I was desperate!!) I found myself in the situation where my resources were seriously running out & no re-inforcements, thank God for Ger- she went down to Cork & met me half-way in Waterford with supplies for a week...

Since then I have resigned myself to getting packs by post (costs a fortune too) & no CDC support though C does text me sometimes to see how I'm getting on...

I KNOW I would find this so much easier & be a lot more positive if I had someone to follow & support me, which I really don't think is too much to ask, I mean it's already built into the price of the packs I'm sure...
Thank God for the wonderful support from this site but even though it really has stopped me from giving up weeks ago, there's nothing like 'human contact' in my opinion anyway (no dis-respect to all the fabulous ppl on here...)

I would LOVE to become a CDC but now that CD have changed the BMI regulation it will be MONTHS before I can even think about it even though I feel so ready for it NOW!!

My idea is this; we can still get the packs posted to us but what do you think about us meeting every 2 weeks or month or so for a weigh in & a chat for support?? Dublin isn't too far from Wexford & we are already supporting each other by text anyway..

I would be very happy to do this, it would be a great step forward for me anyway..

Let me know what you think.

((((hugs)))) Gen

All I can say is this.. try to forget how much you used to weigh, it's not helping you... the fact that you are trying to find the right diet for you is a massive sign that you are in control.:D I truly believe you will succeed!:D I think there is a CDC up in the North, but I know that's a long long way to go.. now, and I know this is a really mad thing to suggest, but, have you thought of using ryan airs and easyjets mad prices and flying over once a month and seeing a cdc over here:confused: I know it would cost about £30 each trip (possibly less - I flew return to Dublin for £15 last year and Belfast for £9).. but it might be worth a go if CD is definitely the way ahead? I'm sure there would be a CDC who lives near an airport - say Luton? who could help. You wouldn't even need to stay overnight.. just a short hop over and back.. I know it is a bizarre suggestion but short of exporting the CDC's from over here (and I for one will NOT be doing so with mine!!) then I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Sorry hun, really hope you feel happier very soon.:)

Hi FFF

that is a really good idea and is something i might have a look into... altho there is a girl on here who is hopefully becoming a cdc in the next few weeks and she is in dublin so fingers crossed for that. i just need the extra support of going somewhere every week and getting weighed.

thanks for replying it means a lot.

love

Gen xx

IT IS HARD ON YOUR OWN THAT WHY IM DOING LL IM NOT SUGGESTING YOU DO THAT BUT CANT SOMEONE WEIGH YOU SAY GO TO THERE HOUSE WEEKLY LIKE A SUPPORTIVE FRIEND AND YOU COME ON HERE AND WE SUPPORT YOU LIKE A CDC WOULD?THERE MUST BE SOME WAY TO DO THIS?MAYBE A CDC HERE CAN BE YOUR NEW COUNSELLOR SUPPORT ??WISH I COULS HELP YOU,I HAD THE SAME PROB AS YOU WITH 1 CDC WHERE I LIVE AND NO OTHERS AT ALL.
XXC

thanks again i'lldoit... there isn't LL here or else i really think i would be doing that cos it seems right up my street to be honest...

i feel a lot better for posting and just feel i'm getting somewhere now..

thanks hun

love

Gen xx

Hugs Gen - you KNOW that I know how you feel - I've had the most rubbish 3 months, eating wise and it's taken me this long to get started again.

I think that FFF's suggestion is rather a good one - something to think about, hey? The airlines are doing silly prices right now, aren't they!

Failing that, just get your packs off the nearest CDC (and I know you haven't got a lot of choice on that score, darling) and let us support you through it.

You can lose a load of weight by the VFBC!!!!!!!! Think of a yummy dress you'd like to wear to get you through the first horrid days????

lots of love

hi isobel... thanks for your reply. i know you have had the worst few months... i must be going out in sympathy with ya girl... so hopefully i'll perk up soon just like you hee hee

love

Gen xx

((((Gen))))
it's awful when you want something that badly ... you work hard for it and then start to lose it. Which is what I did - wanted to lose the weight - did and then put half of it back on. But you are showing such determination to succeed against all odds - by the way if you do need to eat with yr antibiotics then leave SS for a little while.

Several have suggested flying over to the Uk ... I notice you are in Dublin - what about the boat across to Anglesey??? I regularly go across to Anglesey and would be happy to meet up and be your CDC (we walk along the beach even in the rain!!! - sad aren't we??!!! .... sure the locals think we're mad!!)

Otherwise as Isobel said get yr packs from yr local CDC and come on here for support.

Whatever you choose - good luck!

beverly thank you sooooo much for your offer that is very very kind of you... as i have posted just a minute ago there is hopefully gonna be a cdc in dublin in the next few weeks so i should be grand then... just need to get myselft under control in the meantime...

thanks again.

love

Gen xx

{{{Hugs}}}

Its kinda hard where you are now. But I will agree with them here. You would be better off not by being alone but by joining the crowd and to be with those who are in the same situation as you!

thanks for you reply bluevein, i do feel in good company on here and it really helps to get it all out!!

Gen xx

beverly thank you sooooo much for your offer that is very very kind of you... as i have posted just a minute ago there is hopefully gonna be a cdc in dublin in the next few weeks so i should be grand then... just need to get myselft under control in the meantime...

thanks again.

love

Gen xx

That's ok Gen - I'm sure your head is now in the right place ..... and brillaint news about another CDC in Dublin - that will make life so much easier for you and the other people who seem to struggle with counsellors in Ireland.

As for getting yourself in control until then - I'm sure you can do it .... with a little support from your friends on here too.

thanks again i'lldoit... there isn't LL here or else i really think i would be doing that cos it seems right up my street to be honest...

i feel a lot better for posting and just feel i'm getting somewhere now..

thanks hun

love

Gen xx

IM SO GLAD YOUR FEELING BETTER jUST REMEMBER WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND WE ALL WANT TO HELP
I KNOW YOUR BE FLYING AGAIN SOON AND FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE GIRL WHOS BECOMING A CDC IN DUBLIN WILL BE REALLY SOON
XXC

Ah Gen, I really hate hearing you feel so down & sad... especially you who has supported me SO bloody much over the last few months..

I can relate to your situation completely though, I am in exactly the same boat as you know...
I was living in Cork where there are 2 CDC's & going to 1 in particular, she was OK, not great to be honest, I went in had a quick chat, got weighed, grabbed my stuff, wrote the cheque & gone... the whole process usually taking around 10 or 15 mins!!

I was so excited when I moved to Wexford as I knew there was a new CDC in Wicklow (same one you're talking about!), it would mean over an hour's drive but I was so looking forward to getting more support...

Well, that soon went out the window as you already know..after weeks of phoning & no answer, leaving messages, texting with no answer, (I mean couldn't she have at least returned a call, I even texted that I was desperate!!) I found myself in the situation where my resources were seriously running out & no re-inforcements, thank God for Ger- she went down to Cork & met me half-way in Waterford with supplies for a week...

Since then I have resigned myself to getting packs by post (costs a fortune too) & no CDC support though C does text me sometimes to see how I'm getting on...

I KNOW I would find this so much easier & be a lot more positive if I had someone to follow & support me, which I really don't think is too much to ask, I mean it's already built into the price of the packs I'm sure...
Thank God for the wonderful support from this site but even though it really has stopped me from giving up weeks ago, there's nothing like 'human contact' in my opinion anyway (no dis-respect to all the fabulous ppl on here...)

I would LOVE to become a CDC but now that CD have changed the BMI regulation it will be MONTHS before I can even think about it even though I feel so ready for it NOW!!

My idea is this; we can still get the packs posted to us but what do you think about us meeting every 2 weeks or month or so for a weigh in & a chat for support?? Dublin isn't too far from Wexford & we are already supporting each other by text anyway..

I would be very happy to do this, it would be a great step forward for me anyway..

Let me know what you think.

honey thank you sooooooooooo much for that post and i would be more than on for meeting up with you!!! as i said already there is hopefully gonna be a cdc in dublin in the next couple of weeks so that should help both of us out no end... she is south side dublin so no toooo far from you with the new m50!! i'll give you all the details when i get the green light from her and she is lovely!! can't wait for that, in fact just writing about it has brightened me up a bit!!

we will defo have to arrange a meet up sooner rather than later.... might give you a buzz later on??? have you a home phone number?? if ya do pm it to me and sure we can organise something!!

love

gen xx

Easy way to Sole Source by Sassy!
Beginning Sole Source the EASIER way

SO, it’s the beginning of your sole source plan for the first time or fiftieth time!

You have tried to get back on track and fallen off the plan over and over again. As an idea try this approach... You don’t want to fall into the SS-Binge cycle this early on in the plan... Or you could be on the road to a bigger problem.

Whether you are new to Cambridge or you took a break whatever the reason...

This is fine, and sensible, you have nothing to feel guilty about... You are a normal human being; don’t feel guilty for eating food!! Well all do it, and we all have certain commitments, family occasions, holidays, bad days etc… the list is endless!

You would and will gain around 5-10lbs in water and glycogen when you leave SS suddenly, so you haven’t actually gained any real 'fat'.
Look at the bigger picture here, this is a step towards a new future, becoming obsessed with restarting and falling off, can be a game you really don’t want to get involved with!

Ok so its time to start or restart, it will be harder every time, each and every time we go back to SS it gets harder, and trust me the nearer you get to goal it can become impossible! My advise for first timers is this, go into Sole Source gradually, ask your CDC for advice, yes I understand we want to lose weight fast, but this is the tried and tested way, gradual step down in calorie intake, carbohydrate intake, can reduce all the painful effects of withdrawal and ensure a good start on the plan of your choice!

I was just posting on another thread that talks about why do we have to have Add A Meal, you might find that interesting, as it applies to what I’m about to say here..

Abstinence is painful to the mind.. It is severe, and we know it causes a strain on our lives, relationships, and 'normal living' due to the restriction of food.

However, the reason you are back here again, or here for the first time is because you need that fast weight loss... If you really are serious about losing the rest of your weight, start or go back into Cambridge on a higher plan to begin with...

DAY ONE.

Allow yourself all the foods on the 1500 plan for one day; add in One Cambridge Diet pack for the day... EAT, GUILT FREE, enjoy it!!

DAY TWO

Move down to 1200Kcals. Slowly we are reducing the carbohydrate intake, and even the carbs we are taking are of a Low to medium Glycemic Index value... So the tired, sluggy feeling that carbs give us are limited.

Also carbohydrates we were eating during our ‘before diet’ that contained refined sugars can alter our sugar levels and create the need for more food; this can be out of your control, the body can crave and demand more, leading to a break in abstinence!!

INFORMATION TAKEN FROM THE HIBERNATION EFFECT THEORY:

Did you know anytime you eat refined carbohydrates (bread, potatoes, chips, pastries, beer, pasta, rice and sweets), it is converted into sugar by your body during digestion. In order to use the sugar, your body then releases insulin required by your cells to convert the sugar into energy.
But since our diet can be so heavily comprised of carbohydrates and sugar, your cells start to be insensitive to your own insulin due to this abundance, over time.

In other words, your cells start to resist your own insulin and therefore, your body has to produce more insulin to get the same job done. Left untreated over time, your over-production of insulin will reach chronic levels.

Now, the big problem is…this excess insulin is very bad for you! Excess insulin signals your body to store sugar as fat, and go into fat saving mode. It is as if your body thinks you're a hungry bear going into hibernation. Like the bear, your metabolism slows down and makes it impossible for you to lose weight no matter how hard you try. You're always tired and always hungry. So what do you do?

You eat even more making you even more insulin resistant. A vicious cycle isn't it?

Working down the Cambridge phases, these factors are now controlled by the GI Diet. Reducing all levels, and preparing your body for Sole Source.

DAY THREE

Another day over and complete... you will have already upped your water to above 2 1/2 litres a day... You will be eating ALL the food allowance in the 1200 plan, enjoying every meal adding your 2 packs of Cambridge diet a day.

DAY FOUR

You can begin to move onto the 1000 plan today. Still only 2 food packs, but the carbohydrate intake just reduced again dramatically... this stage can leave you feeling pretty hungry, but mind over matter, its still easier than trying to go back to SS if you are bingeing and falling off.

DAY FIVE

Sticking with the 1000 plan today, virtually a week has passed; mentally you are not abstaining in a painful way... Your body has reduced carb intake, fat intake, which will help reduce those headache side effects at the beginning of ketosis.
You will feel the difference physically as well as on the scales. You will have a good weight loss so far, but NO PEEKING just yet! You are entering the diet plan with the right attitude... Ideally this should be spread over a couple of weeks (ask your CDC about the preparation stage, there are 4 stages to the Cambridge Health Plan, preparation, Weigh Loss, Stabilisation, And Maintenance. I know dieters minds, I have been there, and anyone that has done this plan before will want to jump straight back in!! we all know they don’t want to do a 'normal' diet for 3 weeks when they begin, they want to eat everything in sight the night before as a disastrous last supper and want to Sole Source immediately as they want to lose weight NOW.. Lol Be patient, this weight didn’t appear overnight, and keeping it off wont be that simple either.

DAY SIX

Drop your diet plan to 790, enjoy your proteins, and carbohydrate allowances, make sure you eat ALL you are allowed to eat, lose any fizzy diet drinks you may or maybe have been allowing yourself on the 1000 plan.. Include an extra pack now so you are consuming 3 packs, your meat, fish or cottage cheese allowance (measurements supplied in your yellow weight care with Cambridge booklet available from your CDC), or a combination of them. 2 1/2 litres of Plain water Minimum or water flavouring supplied by your CDC (personally I recommend upping your water to 3 or 4 litres if you can manage it), black tea, black coffee... and nothing else!!

this next part is where I upset people..
Sorry, but I’m not trying to do that, I’m trying to give you an alternative and effective route back to SS for those that have been unsuccessful in getting back on track..
DON’T add ANYTHING extra to the plan that the book doesn’t recommend! That includes mints, fizzy drinks, marigold, blah blah...

You want an easy route back, not a quick route back to DAY ONE AGAIN..

Make this transaction as smooth as possible... e.g.: drive from Scotland to Birmingham... Don’t let’s drive past Devon on the way!

I lost ten stone last year and for the last 2 stone dragged myself kicking and screaming... believe me when I say, if there was a way to cheat this diet and still get a good result, I looked for it!!
I found out the hard way, there isn’t one!
People, who add bits n bobs into the plan, may not even realise it at the time, but in the long run if you compare it to when you were A1 perfect, it was so much harder once you added things! The diet is tried and tested, and designed by a team of scientists; let’s not assume we know better than they did. If we did, would we be here now?

DAY SEVEN

Add A Meal... You may even be in ketosis... Don't test for it, it doesn’t matter...

If you have done the plan to the T you will either be in, or on your way in the next 24/48 hours.

And low and behold?

DAY ONE OF WEEK TWO!!!! U DID IT!!!

Guess what? You’re sole sourcing, with a lot more ease than you were last week when you tried... (Just don’t forget to add a meal after 4 weeks!)

One last thing... a slow entry, leaves you with the knowledge that, if you need a break you can gently move up onto a plan that suits you for a period of time without any guilt, and consequently end your diet plan, happy, guilt free... And with a healthier perspective of food!

Well folks, there is a different approach to starting or restarting...

I tried all the other things.. Sometimes you can try and try and try and it will not matter you WILL NOT go back fast... However, some do.... and there will always be one that jumps back in feet first and gets it off again.
I have done it 3 times now... gone back onto the plan to Recover from a holiday gain... I have had to recover time off for surgery and giving up smoking and lastly honeymoon over indulgence...

All this was before I did the maintenance phase.. And my gains if I’m honest were due to not having done maintenance prior to these events consequently suffering guilt for eating... Inevitably resulting in eating more than I should have!

I told you earlier, I try everything... Well I always have done... And I always learn the hard way...

Don’t suffer my pain…
Do it the right way to begin with, and leave on a more positive note than some of us who have struggled through our weight loss have done...

For those that are beginning for the first time below see below the official steps to get off to a great start on your first time on Cambridge.

Getting Ready

Use the preparation phase to reduce food intake gradually, especially if you will use ‘Sole Source’ to lose weight. Reduce the levels of carbohydrate, fats and sugar before you start.
Begin 1 or 2 steps above your weight loss programme. For example, if Step 2 (790 kcal) was going to be used for weight loss, start on Step 4 (1200 kcal) for three days, then move down to Step3 (1000 kcal) for four days before starting the weight loss proper. Gradually increase the amount of water you drink - especially important for those who have a history of constipation.

:) Good Luck...!

Back