Extra Easy Not to be fat at 30

SamanthaG

Hi i am new to this site but thought i would like to tell you my story.
I have just joined Slimming world not for the first time but i hope the last :D
Throughout my young life i was a tiny size 10 but once i started college i found places that sold fast food and this was an easy convenience therefore the lbs piled on.
I joined slimming world before and actually lost quite a lot of weight and get down to 10st 4lbs but my brain still kept telling me i was not at my goal weight and somehow i lost all will power and slowly the weight has crept on.
So now i am back on the wagon and hoping this will be the year i reach my goal as i do not want to be fat at 30 years old ;)
So this is my first week ans the week started very well but i do find myself really craving chocolate and i have slipped a little towards the end of the week. Weigh in day tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good result.
Thanks for reading and i hope you all have a good week too.:D

Good lunch Samantha!!

I always have some ripples in the cupboard for when I'm craving chocolate (only 8.5 syns)

Thank you AnwenG thats a really good idea i am actually going to go and buy some tomorrow. Didn't realise they were that low in syns :)

Good luck Samantha!!

I am in the same boat as you. I turn 30 in August and I really want to make this a lifestyle change this time.

I had my first weigh in this week and list 3.5lbs, which I am really pleased with because I struggled over the weekend!

I'll keep popping by to see how you are going. When is the big 3 0?

Hey, nice to see people are in the same boat. I turn 30 in April and need to lose just under 2 stone post baby aghhh! My son is 5 months old and I've started a diet every week pretty much but normally cave due to the lure of wine!! My biggest downfall! Would be good to chat on here to try and keep each other motivated. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow x

I was the same, didn't want to be big at 30, turned 30 just before Christmas at heaviest ever! :( but it prompted me to do something about it, and I will not be fat at 31!! Good luck with your journey xx

Hi i am so glad not to be the only one in this boat :) i turn 30 in march so dont have long to reach my goal but i did weigh in today and lost 4 1/2lbs so really pleased. thank you for taking the time to write good luck on your journey

hi max30 i do hope you can relate to all of us on this page and find motivation as carrotima said lets all keep in touch on this page and help each other through the good times and the bad....we will all get there.:D

Yes it is definitely a kick up the a*se that I need!! Plus I'm absolutely dreading it! I hate getting old and I real don't want to leave my 20's.
Bit daft I know but it scares me to think 30!!!
Where does the time go?

Ahh don't be dreading it we are still young - wait til we are heading towards 50 then ill be depressed haha! Day one of diet going well, just been and swam a mile as well first time I've done that in years! Sat here now with an options hot choc trying to resist the urge for wine:) hope you guys have had a good day x x

evening everyone i hope your all managing to stay on track i always find thursdays one of the hardest days as i weigh in on a monday. its all in the planning of meals and i was never very good at being organised and planning lol i am sat here now eating a jar of picked onions much to my husbands dislike :D i never realised how much of a sweet tooth i have. i have been using the wii fit this week too so i hope that shows results. i would go out walking but its too cold :eek:. i hope your all feeling motivated love to hear from you soon. sam

Hiya Sam,

Well done with your week so far - the wii fit is a good thing to have around especially in winter! I went for a 2 hour walk today with my poor child wrapped up in the pram- he was well narky by the time we got back (it had started snowing by this point) felt good though! Did a half hour spinning class too! And foodwise not going badly either! Despite this I have a house party on sat night and it may all go pear shaped then when I have a few drinks haha! Currently trying to resist the bottle of wine nice a chilled in the fridge! Aghhh! Do you find weekends hard as well? X

Hey girls, glad to hear you are both managing. I'm struggling to be honest. This week hasn't been good. My meals have been good and all free but my snacks have been shocking. I would say tiredness has a lit to do with it. I have had early starts all week and I am shattered now.
Can't say I'm looking forward to the weekend food wise either! Mind you I will have a beady eye watching me, he is good at keeping me in check, much to my disgust at times! Ha!
Pretty certain my 3.5 lb loss will be back on. God it's so frustrating that I can't stick to anything longer than a week!!

Hi All,

I am in a similar boat as I want to be a healthy weigt by the time I turn 30 and like you Samantha I was always slim when young but then at 17 I started to work full time and spent all my week on my bum behind a desk! I almost feel I have lost my 20's to being overweight and don't want that to continue any longer

I have struggled to stick to plan as everytime I get there something comes up (family deaths, redundancy, new job etc) so I have had losses, gains and STS's in my first 6 months but by the end of January I intend to be back 100% and at target before I turn 30

Last edited:
Hi i am so glad not to be the only one in this boat :) i turn 30 in march so dont have long to reach my goal but i did weigh in today and lost 4 1/2lbs so really pleased. thank you for taking the time to write good luck on your journey

That's fab well done! X x

Hello all,

I too am 30 in April or the countdown to death as I call it. I wish I could get a one way ticket to Neverland and not grow up! 30 sounds old and I don't feel it!

Anyway, I didn't want to look back at photos at my 30th and be horrified at the size of me! So I joined SW in October last year and within 13 weeks I've lost 2st 1lb! Very happy indeed! I'd still love to lose another stone by April, hopefully a little bit more.

I think this is a fab post, so many people in the same boat. Well done to all with all your weigh losses.

Hannah x

Hello all,

I too am 30 in April or the countdown to death as I call it. I wish I could get a one way ticket to Neverland and not grow up! 30 sounds old and I don't feel it!

Anyway, I didn't want to look back at photos at my 30th and be horrified at the size of me! So I joined SW in October last year and within 13 weeks I've lost 2st 1lb! Very happy indeed! I'd still love to lose another stone by April, hopefully a little bit more.

I think this is a fab post, so many people in the same boat. Well done to all with all your weigh losses.

Hannah x

That's so reassuring to hear. I want to lose around 2 stone before April and was sure I would be able to do it in such a short time frame- you have given me new hope:) what date is yr birthday? Mines 13th April- lucky to be on a Saturday night this year! My friend wants a joint party I'm not too sure! I had an 18th and hated being in the limelight! Hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. I'm having a sneaky wine after saving syns and doing some spinning and circuits today:)

That's so reassuring to hear. I want to lose around 2 stone before April and was sure I would be able to do it in such a short time frame- you have given me new hope:) what date is yr birthday? Mines 13th April- lucky to be on a Saturday night this year! My friend wants a joint party I'm not too sure! I had an 18th and hated being in the limelight! Hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. I'm having a sneaky wine after saving syns and doing some spinning and circuits today:)

Glad that I've given you hope! You can do it! We will be slim(mer) on our 30th!

Mine is on the 11th!! But I'm having a party on the 13th! What a small world!

You can definitely lose it! Just be 100%!

x

Back