not to go out with someone who dumps you for.being fat

FatHayley

After being dumped for being abit to plump ive decided to loose weight.
Challenge: to forget about men (for now). And to concentrate on me, to get back into my size 12 jeans, to change from being a couch patato!

Then when i loose weight and gain my confidence back find a decent man, whos not vain about me being abit hefty! Haha....

I hate men who are so uptight on women's weight gain. Men don't realize that they gain weight too. But when a woman gains even 5lbs, some guys will call them fat. I had an ex who did that, and he himself gained more weight than I did. But he said on men it doesn't matter because they aren't judged by their looks.

Good for you to take charge of reclaiming your body. I am sure you'll find a great guy who isn't a complete pig, a pig guy thinks women are all supposed to look like Playboy models.

There are men out there that aren't into superfical things like some weight gain. I know they're out there, because I found one. Thankfully my guy of 5 years didn't treat me any different from when I was 125 lbs to 179 lbs. He said it's what's inside that counts. He made me feel beautiful even though I felt so ugly.

wow I can't believe he actually told you that's why he dumped you! That's the harshest reason ever!! Believe me, you are *much* better off without him! And remember, success is the best revenge! :)

Thank you!
I know why is it different for men to gain weight than when a woman does? Same with age men apparently grow better looking and we sag with age! I could never be with a man that made me feel bad about myself, that i should look like a model, because i never will, i love my curves and plus models in the magazines dont look like that in real life!
Revenge is deffiantly the best result,.. in going to a party in 4 wks on saturday and he will be there because its our mutal friends party, so im trying my best to tone up and loose abit of weight to look the best i can, just so i can strowl past looking and feeling amazing, and show him what hes missing. Dont get me wrong im not wanting to loose weight and tone up because of him, but for myself to rebuild my confidence :)

Anyway its day two and i feel sooo energetic! I even enrolled to swimming ladies only seshions! :)

Forgive my language, but what a dickhead. Seriously.

Go for it, enjoy the party and make him feel like the shallow twerp he is. I'm rootin' for ya!

Good job Hayley. Never ever take that type of guy back. I'm sure you're going to look great at that party! :)

Thank you!! :) i will keep you posted how it goes. But does anyone have any good tips for toning up? And loosing weight quick without being unhealthy and cheating.

I do 30 minute walks, push ups, crunches, and yoga. It's low impact, but I've been getting toned and losing inches on my tummy.

Which diet are you following? I know for losing weight quick, there's low carb, very low calorie or food replacements.

I can give you some tips hayley..just one thing, you're losing the weight now so why the name "fathayley"? Isn't it a bit harsh on yourself? You'll be at goal in a few months time after all girl!! :)

Do you have a food diary? What do you normally eat? Post your food diary on here so we can give you suggestions. What type of food do you like also? I would advise no snacking, no/very little alcohol (2 drinks a week-that might sound strict but alcohol will RUIN your diet imo! and no fruit juice because it's just empty calories. Fizzy drinks and salt will just bloat you. 2 litres of water per day.

For breakfast, I have been having 30g of porridge with 170ml skimmed milk, 3 almonds cut up finely and one piece of fruit. Porridge is the best cereal to have, very filling.. Sometimes I have weetabix or all bran instead-the main thing is to have a wholegrain cereal. Special K is a bit too sugary imo, I know some people lose weight eating it but it never fills me up personally.

For lunch, I have a tuna salad tuna with lettuce/spinach, celery, tomato, peppers, red onion. Beetroot and sweetcorn are nice in the salad too. Sometimes I will put some fresh basil in as it goes well with the tomato.

For dinner, I'll usually have fish or chicken with salad or cabbage. Cabbage is really filling, I usually get fresh fish so this fills me up too. I make my food from scratch 90% of the time and I find that natural food is more filling so you don't eat as much and don't want to snack.

Also I find herbal teas like chamomile tea good-if you want to snack, make yourself a cup of herbal tea instead. Oh switch to skim milk too.

Are you on any specific diet plan btw? There's lots of recipes here if you get bored of the food I've listed before. I would lay off the carbs like bread, pasta etc or maybe just have them a few times a week, as in not every day as I find eating a lot of bread etc slows weight loss down.

Oh exercise too. Walking will be good to get you started, do 30 minutes a day and then build it up as you get used to it.
Aerobics classes are good to tone and lose weight.

i'd advise buying / downloading the 30 day shred. my friend did it and lost 4.5 inches altogether from her tummy and hips and 4lbs in weight with no change to her diet. that combined with a good diet should see it fly off you :)

Hello, sorry i have not replied back or posted any diaries, i have been so busy this week... first week and it was weigh in and i lost 6lbs and that was done by not eating carbs because they are my weakness especially bread! I have been eatin fresh fruits for breakfast, snackin on seeds and for lunch eating salads with either tuna, prawns chicken or egg. I have a meat and fresh veg on a.night .
I have been busy exercising and in really enjoying it and seeing a difference, i try to make sure i have at least a 30 min walk a day, crunches, squats and thigh toning exercises... hows everyone else doing?
And i decided upon the name fat hayley when i was feeling very low about myself, but im getting there, slowly but surely.
2 weeks now till the party...
I will make time to post my food diary on here, i think im going to need help this week, becos i need to slowly bring a few carbs back in, but stick to a low carb diet- no bread- no beastly sarnies :( hehe!
Hope everyones okay :)

Hi Hayley, wow congratulations on the weightloss! That's really great, keep up the good work!

If you're looking at brining carb back into your life, but not breads, or wheat type things. Then I would suggest GI/GL diet. When I was looking at bringing carbs back into my life after doing an extreme lowcarb diet. I looked up a lot of diets to see which one sounded that it best fit me. In GI/GL, we eat good carbs, not the processed stuff. You should come check us out on the GI diet section if you're interested :)

Just thought I'd butt in here as I've only just seen this thread and read your story Hayley. I know _exactly_ how you feel. I was with my ex for 4 years. When we first got together I was a size 10-12 and then I blew up to a 14-16 within the space of a year (the last year we were together). Our relationship fell apart because he wasnt "into" me anymore.
I'm about the same height as you and my start weight when I _first_ started dieting was 198lbs (just a couple less than you!). I lost weight since then. I did WW Discovery for a few months last year and then my weight loss stalled when we suddenly broke up (I was _trying_ to better myself but it wasnt fast enough for him). I slipped into depression and stopped dieting. I'm back on form the last 8 weeks and have started WW Propoints. Altogether I've lost 35lbs since then so I'm 163lbs now and still trying to get smaller lol! I wish you all the luck. :D xx

Been there and done that, he will regret leaving you when you look fabulous! :) Good luck, I always love seeing exes mouths drop when they look at a girl they dumped and think "she could have been mine". He may even try his way back into your life after you've lost your weight, if I was you I would not take him back.

Back