Not using all points!!

carbs are not something your body requires to survive medically speaking, but a no carb diet doesnt leave you with a lot of energy if you are the type of person to do a lot of exercise or have an active lifestyle.

Carbs are immediate energy and when planned properly it makes your body a lot more efficient. But carbs (especially the bad ones) are very addictive, so you have to strike the right balance.

I was on a vlcd/no carb but my blood pressure fell to the floor and I was having hypo attacks, so I had to get back to normal eating.. didn't want to sacrifice my exercise regime!

that's interesting - I have the opposite and get hypos when I eat carbs and they stopped when I did the vlcd. I am the anti-you lol

Obviously fruit and veg are carb based and that seems to provide me with what I need from that point of view. Breads, pastas and potato fast burns through my body for some reason and then my glucose levels crash. Then again my system doesn't work how its meant to so sometimes I just have to accept that normal rules don't apply ;)

If anyone else has trouble with bread without full blown coeliac I've found I can actually eat the weight watchers light bread without it having the same effect as normal bread on me so that's a bonus.

18pp

Breakfast
Porridge with water 3pp
Lunch 0pp soup, and crispbreads 2pp, or, poached egg on toast with tomatoes 6pp, or, omelette
Tea: Steak 6pp and salad. WW ready meal 7pp with extra veg. Chicken breast with philly, wrapped in bacon 8pp with salad

Just a few examples of 3 good meals coming to 18pp or less. I have worked out now that if I want to lose weight, I ahve to eat less than 29pp. I don't lose weight when eating this much.

How much exercise are you doing? Not even considering hunger but if all I were eating in a day was what you listed I don't think I'd have energy for anything. :(

Wish I'd a problem eating all my points but dont think that'll ever be a problem with me!! Lol!!!

I appear to also have developed a Philadelphia spread addiction :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So if you are really and truly eating fewer calories, AND you are exercising, AND you are still not losing weight, the numbers just don't add up. I'd say that's a very good reason to go and get some proper medical advice.

I agree - if this is the case you may need to go get your thyroid checked out.

Back