Not weight related but would love some advice

Jane-D

Hey guys, going through a really bad time at the moment...As some of you know I split up with my husband earlier on this year, and I was also made redundant.....I started a new job 3 weeks ago and have been training (civil service)...

There has been a guy on my training whom I have had a lot of chemistry with, we really hit it off and have kind of been seeing each other, I have just become besotted with him, (like a flippin teenager, its ridiculous).....However he also split with his ex earlier this year and has a son, whom he travels a long way to see every weekend....It seems that he is struggling, as he had intended to get his life sorted out, including his career and had promised himself not to get involved with anyone for a while....Neither of us was looking for this it just happened......He has explained he can't keep his mind off me but isn't sure what he wants right now.....I can't believe after such a short period of time knowing him how much this is hurting me.....

I guess I just got involved too soon after my seperation.....I was getting on track and have always been a happy go lucky kind of girl, but also a sensitive soul....I don't know what to do....

I am wondering, do I just break it up and try and get over it asap, (this would hurt so much) or do I just carry on and hope that things go on....

The other problem is we live an hour from each other he is away every Fri - Mon with his son (doesn't leave many nights to get together). I also have my girls home over the Christmas hols so won't see him much then. I am sure there are other couples in the same situation who go through all of this! I am an emotional wreck at the moment......He is just such a nice guy, and I can't stop thinking about him....we are both massively attracted to each other.....

Oh yes he is also 11 years younger than me....

I have lost 6lbs this week due to my emotional state, I don't feel like eating and am forcing myself to eat small amounts.....

Any advice please on my situation......Jx

Well, i would wait and see what happens,what will be will be. neither of you wanted to meet anyone so soon,but sometimes these things just happen and are beyond our control. Would you really want to miss out on who could be your perfect partner just because it was in your plan for now ?

I had been seprated from my ex husband for a few years when i met Ian. He had been out of a relationship for just a couple of weeks and was looking forward to enjoying the single life for a while !But wham !! that was 14 years ago this week,we've been married for 8 years and had 2 beautiful daughters-oh yes and he's 10 years younger than me.

We couldnt be happier !!

I dont think you have much to loose by at least going with the flow

Thanks mommyB, but I haven't heard from him for 2 days so I am beginning to think that he is trying to back off now. He was texting everyday at one point........when I asked him why he had backed off he said it was because he wasn't sure what he wanted he felt that was lame but his head is completely confused....

So would you suggest the best thing to do, would be not to contact him and wait for him to contact me? So hard to do but if its the right thing then that is what I will do....even though it scares me that I may never hear from him again.......

I have to tell you I wasn't put off men when I split up from my ex, but this is definitely making me see that it just isn't worth all of this....Jx

Last edited:
Be careful and try not to lose your head completely.

I was with a much younger man for three years. At first it was bliss, but over time it became more and more stressful!

I don't regret a minute, though, so if you can handle the added stresses, go for it.

If you feel he is backing off then he might be. Don't run after him. That can be counter-productive. Good luck, hun x

Back