Nothing tastes as good as slim feels?? This nearly did!

boardwitless

Silver Member
On holiday at the moment - half board. Cheesecake on the buffet which took all my willpower to resist (I had one spoon of it although plenty of Atkins friendly delicious other stuff). The fact that I denied myself this cheesecake has made me feel
a. Proud
b. terrible - like I've really missed out (it was gorgeous) and have denied myself this treat that I deserve
Just a question for you maintainers - how hard do you have to work to keep on the straight and narrow? I know that low carb does cut out some cravings but there is an element of willpower attached too isn't there? Having almost got to target, I feel like I'm on a knife edge waiting to fall off. I need to work out strategies to cope with everyday life from now on.....

The thing is board, on Maint you can eat far more, the range is much greater. Most days I eat at least one carby item and the cheese cake would have been OK. :D

Thanks Jim, I know I need to relax a little - I've brought the 'Atkins for life' book away with me and I think I'm a bit nervous about reintroducing the dreaded carbs. I would definitely class myself as a carb addict, since cutting down on sugar and refined flours I have no trouble passing up ice creams and choc (unheard of for me in the past) so I think I'm in the mindset of the recovering alcoholic (not to trivialise the struggles there but you know what I mean) where even a little bit may be enough to fall off the wagon and set me back on the road to gaining weight. No wonder Cadburys are looking to sell out to Kraft - I bet their profits have taken a right tumble since I gave up the Dairy Milk;)

That is something all us maintainers can identify with, I didn't even want to come out of induction Board, but in the end it all worked. I'll confess to sometimes slipping back into induction level eating if I'm not careful though, I think all we maintainers are guilty of that.

hi board I definitely understand what you are saying.. Ive just recently reached my goal and I'm dealing with the same thing. I'm so use to staying in my comfort zone of carbs because I dont want to gain the weight back. But I'm learning... I'm trying to be more like jim and give myself one carby thing a day but I still find myself slipping into that induction way of thinking..

Back