Novice with yo-yo motivation!!!

icandothis:-)

I have to admit, I've posted 3 Day 1 diaries in the last week!!! I seem to have full motivation at the start of each day but by the end of the day I've gone wrong somewhere! I have been attending a SW class but I've just thrown the towel in again. So I'm flying solo but I love this app on my phone. I keep taking a peek at the food diaries to get ideas. My biggest challenge in this plan is I like Chocolate & Wine far too much. It's hard to decide what to use my syns on?!? I've got two little boys (youngest 6 months) who keep me active but I struggle to find the time to exercise. So after indulging in home made pizzas & a bottle of wine I've had that 'enough is enough' feeling again. So there you have it, hope I haven't bored you all lol. I start again tomorrow with my food diary & fingers crossed I'll stick to it. Hope I'm posting in the right section?? X

Hi icandothis,

Welcome to SW and Minimins. Although I do this (mostly) from home, I would recommend that if you're finding this hard now that you go to class. The extra motivation to get weighed in front of someone can really help. Doing it alone can be really hard.

When you're finding things difficult I recommend the 'one day at a time' ie just do one day on plan for now. Then when you've done that, one more day.

Happy to help if I can. Big hugs.

Gail x

Thank you Gail. You are right, going to class does give you the extra motivation. I think for several weeks I'd lose, sts, gain & it just wasn't happening. Not the right time I suppose. I'll see how I go & if I'm struggling, I'll rejoin. One day at a time makes sense. Today is a new start. I'll upload my food diary tonight. Thanks again! X

Day 1

HE A - 350ml skim milk (for tea & coffees)
HE B - 2 x Alpen Light melted in micro (yummy)
Toffee Mullerlight

Red Onion Omelette (need to go shopping)
1/2 can Baked Beans

Youngs Basa Fillets (No sauce just fish)
Fat Free Sweet Thai Chilli Noodles with onion & pepper added. Sprinkled with Chilli Flakes.
Mullerlight

Large Malibu & Diet Coke 5 syns
White Wine 6 syns
Total 11 syns

I'm not using all of my milk allowance is that a problem? X

:woohoo:Found you! I'm not so great with tracking people on threads yet. Am I missing an easy way? :confused:
I totally agree that class is a great support BUT if you don't have a motivational leader it can also be a bit of a downer.. I only know this as I previously tried WW and lasted 2 weeks. The leader was just not interested :(

What's your leader like? Could you try an alternative class?

As for milk allowance... I think it's ok not to have it all. I definitely don't consume all of mine. I think the important thing is to be getting at least some calcium this way. If you're not big on milk just have extra yoghurts :D

I've just been reading a thread talking about rice pudding... Mmmm I might give that a go with my milk allowance this week ;)

Honestly the leader was great but the class is sooo big that it took forever to get round everyone!! I don't think she was the problem it's me lol. We've just bought a house before Christmas & we've made a start on decorating!! The house is upside down with dust everywhere!! It'll all be worth it. We've also just had the baby Christened so there's been so much happening that I haven't been organised enough! All of this along side loving chocolate & wine far too much just hasn't helped ?.
Oh well Day 2 today & I'm still motivated so that's a bonus for me lol.
I'm using this site on my iPhone. I look back at previous threads in the 'subscribed' section??? Not sure if that helps.

Victoria x

Hi
I know how you feel motivation wise. I tend not to drink during the week and have minimal syns during the week so once the weekend comes I can have a few drinks without blowing the whole plan. I have also put up a 'before' picture on my fridge to motivate myself.
Good luck x

Honestly the leader was great but the class is sooo big that it took forever to get round everyone!! I don't think she was the problem it's me lol. We've just bought a house before Christmas & we've made a start on decorating!! The house is upside down with dust everywhere!! It'll all be worth it. We've also just had the baby Christened so there's been so much happening that I haven't been organised enough! All of this along side loving chocolate & wine far too much just hasn't helped ?.
Oh well Day 2 today & I'm still motivated so that's a bonus for me lol.
I'm using this site on my iPhone. I look back at previous threads in the 'subscribed' section??? Not sure if that helps.

Victoria x

I'd have to say that this is the thing I feel doesn't work with Slimming World classes. Mine is reasonably sized too. 5.30 - 6.00 is weigh in. Image Therapy (basically a good aul gossip) is 6.00 - 7.00. However it ALWAYS runs over. I'm lucky to get out by 7.15pm. I think that's just too long. Especially once I start working.

I know how you feel with all the house renovation. I had to do that a few years back and although it's all worth it in the end the dust and general chaos does get you down. That's the type of stress that sends me straight to the biscuit tin!

Feeling quite smug with my Day 2 Diary, hope it continues:
Day 2

350 ml skimmed milk for tea & coffee (A)

Bkfst
Alpen Light (1/2 B)
Mullerlight

Lunch
2 x Ryvita (1/2 B)
2 x Laughing Cow Extra Light (part A as I never use all milk allowance)
2 Fried Eggs
Beetroot
(strange combination but I haven't been shopping due to all my visitors today)

Snacks
Tomato Mugshot
Alpen Light 3 Syns
Curly Wurly 5 Syns? I think. 26g size.
Total Syns 8

Dinner
Jacket Potato
Baked Beans
Salad

Diet Coke

Oh thank you xxx

What's Chauldron Dhansak hun? X

Sounds lovely! Have a lovely day xxx

Have weigh in butterflies for tomorrow. I've recorded absolutely everything I've eaten this week, I've meal planned and I've tried lots of new recipes. I feel like I've been really good, so I'm gonna be honest. If I haven't lost I'll be totally gutted.

Going by clothes alone though I really think I have lost. Maybe it's wishful thinking but my PJ top seems bigger. Fingers crossed!

Feeling slimmer in your clothes is such a great feeling isn't it!! If you don't lose, even I'll be gutted for you!! I think you'll have had a good loss. Your food diary spells out a great loss. Fingers crossed. Make sure you let me know.
Wanted to say thank you (without running the risk of sounding cheesy) for your support. I feel really motivated again. I think you should reconsider going back to work full time as I'll feel neglected lol x

Feeling slimmer in your clothes is such a great feeling isn't it!! If you don't lose, even I'll be gutted for you!! I think you'll have had a good loss. Your food diary spells out a great loss. Fingers crossed. Make sure you let me know.
Wanted to say thank you (without running the risk of sounding cheesy) for your support. I feel really motivated again. I think you should reconsider going back to work full time as I'll feel neglected lol x

Right back at ya :D
I totally get what you mean. I'm loving being able to chat with you about SW on here. My husband is supportive but he doesn't really "get it" so I hate bending his ear about it.
Plus SW class is all well and good, but that's only once a week for an hour and I was feeling a bit lost the other six days a week!

Haha about my job! I've installed the Minimins app on my phone (it actually really good) so I'm goin' nowhere!! ;)

That's what I use, the app on my iPhone. Laptop is poorly at the minute & we need to buy a new one. Happy to use my mobile though.
Today I have cooked an unhealthy Shepherds Pie with soooo much cheese for my hubby, Dad & Brother. I haven't touched a bit. Butter in the mash too!!! You know what, it wasn't hard either. I'm in the zone!!!!! Lol :)

That's what I use, the app on my iPhone. Laptop is poorly at the minute & we need to buy a new one. Happy to use my mobile though.
Today I have cooked an unhealthy Shepherds Pie with soooo much cheese for my hubby, Dad & Brother. I haven't touched a bit. Butter in the mash too!!! You know what, it wasn't hard either. I'm in the zone!!!!! Lol :)

Christ that is impressive! I'm drooling just thinking about it actually. Have had a pretty hungry day. Bit pre-menstrual (well actually a lot) :cry:eek:ne minute and :8855:the next LOL

Can't believe it's weigh in has come around already. Seemed like a really fast week. It's my birthday on Thursday so I'm REALLY gonna enjoy that regardless of what the scales say tomorrow :D

I'm the same at certain times of the month. I'm irritable & NEED chocolate!! Have you seen the thread about putting curly wurlys in the freezer? Made me giggle. They'll take that long to chew you'll only eat half, get sick & only use up half the syns lol.

I've had SW Carbonnara for dinner tonight, yummy!! Really could have slurrped a White wine with it but Diet Coke it is ?. I've bought lots if treats for my 3yr old son today so I'm trying to decide what to use my syns on.

Do you have anything exciting planned for your birthday? X

Back