Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

now and again

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by gordon..j, 22 July 2009 Social URL.

1. gordon..j

gordon..j Member

Start Weight:
    0st13lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I eat a lot of fish,porridge, and I don't have a specific diet to lose wieght.
    I have had a food binge, the first for sometime, and feel that to let go, now and again is good for the body and soul. I am not gaining weight; but also not losing weight either. I find it better and healthier to let go now and again. Something to think about guys and gals.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    I do agree with you to some extent but if i'm not careful then now and again becomes more and more often, and i'm back to where i started.
    I love the expression ' a little of what you fancy does you good' just wish i could stick to a little :)

4. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    I'm with mommyb on this one. If I let myself go on chocolate, it'd likely take me a year to gather the reins again. I used to get through an obscene amount of chocolate in my binging days. 20-30 bars a day at least.

The problem for me is that when I think about enjoying chocolate, I don't think in terms of a single bar - I think in terms of the contents of the entire damn shop! So letting loose with standard confectionery is just something I will not do. But I do agree that the odd treat is vital - and it's more enjoyable when you feel you're still in control and not in the grip of a binge. I'll happily enjoy a slice of double chocolate fudge cake after a meal out, but I'll resist the urge to order seconds! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.