Now much to eat

Glowworm

Are there any good resources to determine how much you should eat?

I was eating about 1200 calories a day, and barely losing anything (working out a ton). I upped it to about 2500 calories and I started losing more weight. I was told it was because my body was "starving". How much do I need to eat to optimize weight loss?

I'd probably put this under "calorie counting" but I dont know if calories are what I should be basing it on or what?!?!?

Last edited:
I'm not surpised you were not losing on 1200 calories at your height and activity level as that's way to low.

You need to work out your basal metabolic rate - the calories your body requires for normal daily life based on your height, weight, sex and activity level. And then, although I'm not calorie counting expert, I think he advise is to start by eating 500 calories a day less.

Calories Per Day Calculator - Basal Metabolic Rate

I find it hard to eat food. I was struggling with eating three meals a day just after christmas and hardly loosing any weight. Now I have upped my calories to 7-800 a day I find I am loosing a bit more. I know this still isnt ideal for the amount of exercise I am doing, but at the moment it is working and I am achieving what I want to achieve.

Ooh I like that BMR thing, very useful for when I go into maintenance...

Thanks for the link this is very helpful!! Its close to what fitnesspal said i should be having, on SW i dont measure but i like to check a random food diary every now and again out of interest :)

Back