Now, what shall I wear?

Thornhill Cate

50+ and fabulous
Next week I shall have to start getting up 20 minutes earlier in the morning because, as I can fit into more and more of my clothes I am taking longer and longer to choose what to wear. Am I complaining? Am I hell!! After wearing one pair of size 18 jeans pretty much daily for the past year (with regular washing of course) these went in the bin just two weeks after starting the diet, and not before time because they had frayed and split in the inner thigh area and were verging on being indecent. I then reverted to a pair of loose fitting size 16s which I'd had from a few years ago and were also well worn. These have been the mainstay of my daily dress code for the past 5 weeks although I have slowly been able to add in other items - a pair of size 16 M&S work trousers, a pair of grey linen work trousers, last Saturday a pair of white ASDA size 16 jeans. Today, finally, I'm into four more pairs of size 16 jeans that have been in my wardrobe with the labels still on for at least 2 years, including a pair of black skinnies which have been mentioned in previous posts. Next week I just won't know myself with all this choice. Oh, the joy. The old size 16s are now also in the bin.:party0011:

It feels fab doesn't it Cate when you can actually wear a size smaller! 've dropped 2 sizes so far and hope to drop another one... well done you, keep it up and you also will be able to wear a size 14 before you know it! :D:D:D x

I know, I can't wait. But my size 16s will be hardly worn. What a waste of money. I'll get the work trousers taken in but don't think I'll be able to get the jeans taken in. Still, not really complaining. Never thought I'd see size 14 again and now it seems totally achievable.

I've bought myself a £13 pair of jeans as I don't wanna spend a shed load of money on new clothes. I'd bought a lovely pair of grey pants in Holland last year and they will be altered as well as I've only worn them 3 or 4 times and it's such a gorgeous pair ...

Yes, I'll be scouring the supermarket sale rails as I shrink until I reach my goal size/weight.

Spandex!!! Your post made me laugh, well done you!

I'm doing exactly the same Cate :)

Ahhhhh good ya you. it feels great doesn't it. I had a pair of size 16 haning on the wall at the top of the stairs. So i could see them everyday when i went up and down. I it was great finally getting into them . And now they are too big. I have size 12s there now in there place.

What a marvellous problem to have: a choice of clothes!
There's a lot of positive "binning" going on there, too. I will take a leaf out of your book and put some of my baggy sizes in the charity bin. Burn down some bridges! ;)

What a marvellous problem to have: a choice of clothes!
There's a lot of positive "binning" going on there, too. I will take a leaf out of your book and put some of my baggy sizes in the charity bin. Burn down some bridges! ;)

Absolutely Jessie. There can be NO GOING BACK!!!! The minute something starts feeling loose, it has to go to be replaced with something tighter, just to keep me on my toes. Loose clothes could lead to complacency - not an option.

I can't wait to have a choice! I went with a client I was supporting to a few charity shops the other day, Whilst I was bored whilst she was looking around I looked at the size 18 stuff (I dont usually look as no clothes in 22 usually) and found a brand new pair of jeans in bootcut for 99p!!! Also I found a pair of size 16, so bought them too for 99p for when I shrink a little more! Saves buying them brand new and wasting money!

What a bargain Claire. They were meant for you.

Back