o/t about me

ronniejacobs

Gold Member
hi guys as some of you know have been having a tough time really since about april when we had changes at work and feel really emotional all the time. I assumed was a bit of stress and also i get depressed with my crohns.
I assumed that i could pull myself out of it but cant. I have taken the steps to contact our solutions dept and have booked myself in for some councelling. bit nervous actually

Well done for seeking a bit of help and support, hopefully things will start to pick up for you. It's very hard when you suffer with depression and most people don't understand that you cann't just pull yourslef out of it, so I think you have deffinately done the right thing. Hope it goes well and you start to feel more uplifted.

(((Hugs))) hun ~ as a fellow Crohns sufferer I know how you feel ~ well done for seeking help, it will do you good to talk and as Carolyne stated it's not as simple as pulling yourself out of it, depression is not as easy as that ~ I know ~ hope you start to feel better soon xx

Huge hugs.

And well done for getting help, sometimes that's the hardest step to take.

Toni. xx

Well done to you Ronnie, for finding the courage to seek some help for your problems, it is so much better to face up to them than to bury them inside and make yourself ill.

Good luck to you. X

Last edited:
Hey RJ - glad you've taken the step of getting some support, good on ya. Keep us informed xxx

well my first session is next friday morning so will keep you all updated but feelng much more positive about everything now

Taking the first step can make you feel better even before you have your first counselling session so imagine how much better you will feel after it.
Well done hun and good luck on Friday.xx

Asking for help is extremely liberating and I was scared the day I met my psychologist for the first time, so much so my throat swelled up so I couldn't speak much. But along with the nerves was a sense that a huge weight was about to be lifted from my shoulders. It really will be an amazing experiencefor you, but just like losing weight it will be small steps of a longer journey.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. You may not believe me right now (I know I don't when people tell me this) but you are incredibly brave to leave that comfort zone and seek this new direction.

**hugs**
Cobweb x

Asking for help should not be considered a defeat either. Taking the steps to talk to someone will help you air things that are on your mind, but also to find a solution for yourself through talking.
You do sound more positive from your recent posts Hun, so look forward to Friday.
xxxx

Back