O/T Anyone had bunion surgery before?

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Just wondering as I'm probably going to be having my surgery in about 8 weeks. Really nervous - not about the surgery but about having to sit at home for 2 weeks with my feet up! :eatdrink051:

Really hoping that I'll still be able to get to class to weigh and I'm determined to just fill my fridge and cupboards with free foods so that at least if I eat out of boredom it will be on SW allowed foods rather than crap!

I haven't, but I have a friend who had the surgery. Hers were really bad though. She was on crutches for ages and was in quite a lot of pain with it! Mind you...she is a real moaner lol! I'm sure you will be fine and being prepared and stocking up will see you right.

x

I had a bunion op 14 years ago, immediately afterwards it was not as painful as I expected but then I got infections and was off work for 3 months. I guess they must have a better way of doing it now if you only need to be home for 2 weeks.

I would highly recommend homeopathic arnica to help with healing - I wish I had known about it when I had mine done.

Good luck, wishing you a speedy recovery.

At our hospital, you have it done in the morning, the physio gets you up on elbow crutches after lunch and you're home for tea. Cue to lie back and wait for the cards and flowers to arrive! Make sure they don't bring you chocolates! You can always heel walk if you need to carry things.

Back