O/T Are there any vets on here? Panic Over!

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Hiya,

Are there any vets, training vets or someone who knows a lot about cats on here?? I have a pretty important question.

Thanks.

I have cats but if you have a question about your cat's health it's probably best to phone your local vet practice and speak to a vet nurse for advice.

I have cats too, and know enough to spot ailments in them (I did 2 years work experience in a vets as I was going to train as a vet, but decided to do bio-chemistry instead hehe).

Ask away, one of us might have gone through something with out cats before - but I'd say go to the vets if you're worried xxx

Panic over, managed to get an emergency vet appointment. Pru (my 14 year old Maine Coon) has a bladder infection. She was passing blood and was very constipated last night and this morning. The vet gave her two injections and a week long course of medications. Apparently she should be fine in a few days time. Phew, was very worried there!

Thanks for the support/advice girls :)

I HEART Maine Coons!!! They are just the biggest and most fluffiest of cats! I was drooling over them at the cat show but OH says two cats is enough lol.

Glad she's ok now - did he say what it was? xxx

Hehehe yeah she is pretty cool, plus she has the added bonus of one less leg lol. We adopted her from the Cats Protection League back in February. She got hit by a car last year, her owners took her to the vets and left her there. The vet amputated one of her back legs and then we adopted her!
The vet said she has a bladder infection, just another thing that comes easily with old age apparently. She was also very dehydrated so gave her some hydration shots etc.

i got my elderly cats one of those drinking fountains that circulates the water, cooling and filtering it as it goes. They love it and are definitely drinking more water than they used to. Althoughit did take them a few days to get used to it!

I have cats too, and know enough to spot ailments in them (I did 2 years work experience in a vets as I was going to train as a vet, but decided to do bio-chemistry instead hehe).

Ask away, one of us might have gone through something with out cats before - but I'd say go to the vets if you're worried xxx

Ohh another Biochemist! Do you have a degree in the subject? (sorry, thread hijacking).

Glad your cats are OK now

i am a crazy cat lady i am so glad she is better hon, i love maine coons but there so expensive i have two all white asian cross and there gorgeous but there malting at the moment so there driving me nutso.

think this should work here are ma babies if ya can see sorry to thread hijak just been trying to figure out how to do this for weeks.

Attachments

• 14052009(001).jpg
    14052009(001).jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 71
My kitties Noodle and Gadget send Pru their love and lots of purry kisses and snuzzles xxx

(and I started in bio-chem at uni but over the three years did more biology courses and ended up with a major in biology with a lean to bio-chem and animal behaviour!!! What a mix! I worked in the US teaching at a Natural History museum after uni and did the bio-chem classes (though there weren't many)...and now I work in the Nuclear industry...go figure! Bit of a mongrel aren't I??LOL!!!)

Aww thanks everyone! Pru seems to have got her appetite back this morning, she is a massive roast chicken lover lol.
Will post some pics of her at lunch time. She isnt absolutly massive but she is very hairy and affectionate!

thanks honey , they are soo small though i went to see some maine coons at a breeders and they were huge it's what i'm gonna aim for i want a black or a blue smoke i think definately a male to complete my little troop the smaller one is the son of the big evil looking one. she's cslled Mao and he is Conan or tonnanna depepnding what he's done lol

thats still alot i read they can weigh upto 18020 pounds that is a hell of alot of cat the male stud cat i saw was massive he looked like he belonged in a zoo not in someones back garden i wanted to run away with him but i probably couldn carry him.

Back