O/T - ASBO children and a Mother who blames everyone but herself

I will succeed!!!
(Nadine West is mother to 4 children: Jarred 14, Sonny 12, Georgia 8 and Samuel 5)

Jobless Nadine West’s hooligan kids terrify their neighbourhood and get into trouble at school, but she claims that she’s too busy to keep them in line and blames social services for not giving her enough help

(I’ve edited this for copyright reasons – hadn’t thought about that! Sorry!)

Closer Magazine, 11-17th Ju,y Pages18 and 19)

There is an article in this week’s closer that made me really angry. It’s about a Mother who has 4 kids, 1 of which already has an ASBO (and is 12!!!). Her 5 year old is already on way to getting one too but she blames the authorities for not helping her and claiming she has not got enough time (despite not working).

It really annoyed me as I think saying you have not got enough time to care for and guide your kids is a poor excuse, and at the end of the day, it’s the parents who should take responsibility and not pass the blame to the Social Services etc.

I’ve copied the link to the online article below:

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/ShowbizNews/twic.aspx

I read this and my blood simply boiled – it is this attitude that is causing such a mess in this country. I am not a parent granted but I do appreciate kids can be hard work – but this is ridiculous!!!

I’m sorry, parents who work have time to be good parents so she has NO excuse. And besides, if you choose to have children, you choose to make the life changes to accommodate them. Her children should be #1 priority but she’s just making excuses for them – and herself. My folks had 3 children and both worked (Mum stayed at home until we were all at school). We knew right from wrong and probably had more time alone with them as a family than this 'family'.

Why do people blame the Social Services for their bad parenting? Most families don’t need supervision. And if she ‘doesn’t have time’ to address the issues with the school – when she only has her own family to worry about, how does she expect the SS to be able to sort it out?

I know not everyone can work, and I am all for a system to help those people. But she’s taking in more than some people get after doing a full month’s work! Hell, she’s not that far behind me after I pay my taxes and pension out (and I have a well paid job). In fact, my taxes each month might as well line her lazy pocket! And I have to pay out all my bills too - whereas she'll get a lot of reductions. So she probably has more 'spare' cash than we do and we both work 42 hour weeks. She’s not giving ANYTHING back to the country – other than thugs for kids. GAH!!! And she wants 1-to-1 teaching??? Maybe if the Government weren’t being drained they could consider that!

And what’s more, my sister cannot have kids and her and her DH would be awesome parents.

*grrrrr*

Last edited:
P.S I summarised the article from a mag

I agree with you - Grrrrrrrrrrr indeed!!

some kids will always rebel, no matter how well you bring them up, some of them may turn "bad" - however, if this happens and you as a parent have done your best to bring them up well then you cannot be blamed.

This, however, is atrocious. That woman needs locking up and the kids sorting out!! No doubt though, she will want parenting classes at the taxpayers expense and will probably also continue to reproduce more little darlings too.....

I'm with you!

I agree with you - Grrrrrrrrrrr indeed!!

some kids will always rebel, no matter how well you bring them up, some of them may turn "bad" - however, if this happens and you as a parent have done your best to bring them up well then you cannot be blamed.

This, however, is atrocious. That woman needs locking up and the kids sorting out!! No doubt though, she will want parenting classes at the taxpayers expense and will probably also continue to reproduce more little darlings too.....

I'm with you!

I totally agree that some kids can just go 'off the rails' no matt what their parents do to prevent it. And those parents I feel sorry for - because they DO care and DO try.

But this woman - she needs a wake up call!!! I wouldn't doubt that her two little 'darlings' are doing this simply for attention - as it doesn't seem like she is giving them much.

I hope that someone does intervene and give these kids a second chance - for their sakes not their Mother's.

x

People like that make me REALLY angry!
She has time to watch Sky, play on the Internet and claims way too much of the tax payers money instead of getting off her backside and getting a job!
It's not the childrens' fault as they probably don't know how to behave as there is no role model for them.
I have for grown up boys and while they were growing up they would have never been allowed to disrespect any adult, let alone a teacher. They knew it, so didn't do it as they knew they would be punished if they did.
We very seldom had to punish the boys but they knew we would if they stepped out of line!
I am proud of my boys but it was hard work and not achieved by sitting around while expecting the world to look after them!
They should lock this woman up and put the kids with someone who cares for them. She certainly doesn't. It's total neglect in my eyes!

Those poor kids have blatently been left to bring themselves up... I don't think she ever put effort into raising them by the sounds of it... How does she not have enough time for them? I don't have enough time for other things because I'm busy bringing up my baby!! I don't work, but don't claim benefits... my OH works very hard and we're lucky he has such a great job. Ugh she sounds like a nasty piece of work! x

Those poor kids have blatently been left to bring themselves up... I don't think she ever put effort into raising them by the sounds of it... How does she not have enough time for them? I don't have enough time for other things because I'm busy bringing up my baby!! I don't work, but don't claim benefits... my OH works very hard and we're lucky he has such a great job. Ugh she sounds like a nasty piece of work! x

You have the hardest job of all. Mums who do bring up their children do work, and very hard too! Well done!
I always worked, both out of choice and necessity really, but not when the boys were babies. They were well looked after though and we spent quality time together.
This woman makes no effort at all and we are paying for her to sit on her butt while her poor kids run wild!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Disgusting........some children just do not have any parental control whatsoever these days, I feel so sorry for the poor neighbours who have to suffer at the hands of some these ASBO kids....

I couldn't help but notice that several of you mentioned the word 'parents' in your posts and yet only criticised the mother. Now I agree that she sounds absolutely hideous. But, how much of this is the fathers fault? Where is he?

I work in a secondary school so dont even get me started on the bad parenting skills (mum and dad). It is unbelieveable how many parents throw their children out of the house due to a clash of personalities. i wouldnt dream of doing that to any of my children.

it is amazing how some of these kids get to school coming from the environments that they do. makes your heart bleed.

the government needs to get harder on the parents that leave (mum or dad). just taking money from them isnt a solution.

The worrying thing is also the long term - the 'bigger picture'. These kids dont seem to have a role model teaching them right or wrong or even having some pride. They are learnbing that they can rely on the state to provide for them so they may not even consider working for a living. It always seems to me that this sort of behaviour is almost inherited. Admittedly there are examples of kids not wanting that for themselves and breaking from the routine but if you learn the state can take care of you, what's the point? Especially, as posted earlier, you can get more on benefits than you can by working.

I agree with everyone - a very irritating story. I can't believe a child as young as 5 is on the way to receiving an ASBO. I feel sorry for the kids having such a useless family, but I feel more sorry for the poor neighbours trying to cope with it all.

Back