O/T Hacked off and need to vent!

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
GRRRR!!!

Why is my OH such an arse?

He is currently at home again-4 days off due to illness which translates as having a boil on his arse (I know I shouldn't laugh!) causing him pain so he can't sit down. Meanwhile muggins here is working 12hr shifts trying to save money for moving and he is wasting it on takeaways! :mad:

Secondly, I ask him to do one thing. ONE LITTLE THING!!! Mow the lawn that's all. He has got my 17yr old brother round to help and then calls me complaining about how he has worked his b*llocks off and is sweating. "It will do you good" I say. :mad:

THEN he has the nerve to complain that the grass is dead because the dog mess has killed it (bearing in mind that it is HIS dog and all he has to do with regards to housework is clear up after it-I do everything else), making out like it is my fault!

GRRR!!! End of rant sorry :(

Men are arses. It is the natural order of things. (possibly Lunar Jim is an exception to this rule)

He should pick up after the dog though, that's nasty.

Thanks Guru, I'm glad it's not just me who thinks so. I had to clean up after the dog the other day and I was actually ill at the time. That just made me feel worse! You know what most men are like-when they ill, they are dying! x

Excuse me Guru? I think you'll find I have a lil following here that will agree to put me in the 'not so much of a twat' bracket as well.

Gem, have you tried to talking to him. And by talking I mean not arguing.

Aw sorry Sulley... I am patiently waiting for your thong and heels pic before I pass judgement on your arse though ;)

Haha! I had forgotten about that!

Yes Sulley, I have been talking to him for weeks now. This is a much deeper issue that stems back to the first time I went on CD. No, in fact it was before that. Gosh it's such a long story and when I think about it in my head, the answer seems so clear yet actually following it through seems much harder!!! x

:) very good Guru. Now youve told even more people what I promised..... damn.

Oh merriefach I am so jealous!!!

I don't mind doing the housework, it's just that we both work 60hrs a week so why should I do it all? I never get time to myself and I am going to need it when uni starts.

Haha! I had forgotten about that!

Yes Sulley, I have been talking to him for weeks now. This is a much deeper issue that stems back to the first time I went on CD. No, in fact it was before that. Gosh it's such a long story and when I think about it in my head, the answer seems so clear yet actually following it through seems much harder!!! x

I think you know the answer to this thread alreayd don't you.

Gem have you thought about literally writing down all the jobs and put beside them who does what?

He can then see he doesn't contribute what you do to the running of the house.

I did this. Worked a treat. Hubby now does his fair share.

Have you tried writting down how you feel in a letter? even if you don't send it? just to get it all out. normally works for me! :)

I have a trick, I ask in a eyelash fluttering way which goes like this.

"awww darlin, would you mind just mowing the lawn quickly please. i'll pick you up some beers on the way home."

And the job gets done! just like that!

Men usually need an incentive to do such extreme things like mow the lawn. They want to know whats in it for them......

And if he hasn't done it god help him.

XXXXX

a rota (as Guru suggested) is actually a good idea, it works in ours

cheer up chuck xx

Thanks everyone,

I have tried writing it all down and he does pull his weight for a day or so then goes back to his usual self.

I was just having a moan off to be honest. It does help to get it off my chest! Things are so hard at the moment what with all the change of moving, uni, CD etc. Too much for my tiny mind to cope with lol!!!

Never mind. I have the weekend off and I am going to sit around doing nothing except watching Harry Potter! Sounds like heaven! x

who gave me hugs in a rep comment lol?
you didn't put a name on and i wanted to say thankyou! x

Hi Gem

Re: cleaning up dog mess... the dog shouldn't be pooing in your garden in the first place... tell him to take the dog for a walk (and make sure he cleans up the mess!). You said he needs to lose weight, walking may help...

I have a German Shepherd and he gets walked twice a day, without fail, come rain or shine!!, and he rarely goes for a poo in our garden - only if he's desperate, love him!!

(Most) men will moan when you ask them to do anything. And i don't think bribing them with beer is very fair... i don't need bribery with a glass of wine when I'm doing the ironing or cleaning the bathroom... If i did would have a serious drink problem!! lol

Lots of people have said this before me... you need a serious chat with your man. Is he going to Swansea with you? Maybe he's getting tetchy about the move.

Lx

Yes he is and I know he is tetchy about it but I think he's starting to resent me for it because if I wasn't going to uni, we would be staying put :(

Hey Gem, no words of advice from me just wanted to stay your new profile pic is fab.... you look even more georgeous than the last one!

Back