O/T Have to say goodbye to our little dog Kelly tomorrow....feel so upset

Only just seen this. :( I hate things like this, I had to have my boxer put down at 13 and it was like I had lost my right arm :cry:

I am so sorry for what you're going through, I am sending you lots of hugs xx

Wow thank you everyone i really appreciate all your thoughts and kind words.

Well she has gone to sleep now :( It was heartbreaking but i am glad i was there with her. She looked like she had had enough so that made me feel i was doing the right thing. Her little tail wagged when she saw us but she didn't stand, was probably too weak :(

We have her collar, tag and some of her fur to keep.

Just need to help my mom through this now, she still cannot believe that she is not coming back :(

Thanks again guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lucie

Awww she is out of her pain now honey. Well done for being so brave, I hope your mom is ok too. Hugs xxx

So sorry that you're going through this. It is the moment all pet owners dread but know will happen one day.

When faced with the prospect of making that decision I read a really useful book that I'd like to recommend. It's full of helpful advice and ways to remember all the good times you had together.

When your pet dies : a guide to mourning, remembering & healing by Alan D. Wolfelt

and

Goodbye dear friend : coming to terms with the death of a pet by Virginia Ironside

:hug99:

hi i had my dog put to sleep years ago and still havnt quiet got over it his back legs went and he had a problem with his lungs i also went with my daughter her sharpie had kidney failure it realy is kinder to let them go it will be hard but its for the best ,they keep someone in the kennels with them in case anything happens in the night to keep a check on them and they are made comfortable , thoughts are with you and dont worry about how upset you will be because they understand i was bawling my eyes out lots of love and hugs x

I'm sending BIG HUGS i had to make that decision about my gorgeous girl 2 years ago and it was the hardest to make...she was 7 and suffering kidney failure. I held her in my arms as the vet sent her into a deep sleep...Millie was a golden retreiver so we decided to have her cremated, I felt lost tho not bringing her home, I was relieved when her ashes were finally home. We scattered them in her absolute favourite place where she loved to chase squirrals, altho it took me almost another year to let go of them. I still absolutely miss her but often think of her funny ways which make me smile. I still sense her around sometimes.
Lots of love to you xxx

Hi guys,
Thanks everyone, its nice to know we are not on our own with this xx

well got our little girls ashes today.

Was a little dissapointed at the sticky label with her name on it stuck on it :(

I really cried when i seen the little box, to think her ashes are in there :(

The vets charged a whopping £306 to keep her on a drip over night, blood tests, euthanasia and her cremation :(

xxx Thanks for all the support ((((((((hugs))))))))

Back