O/T Have to say goodbye to our little dog Kelly tomorrow....feel so upset

Loops25

Our little yorkie Kelly has been poorly for a few days, being sick and not eating (not eaten since wednesday - (really unlike her) also noticed she was very thirsty and urinating alot more, in the house too. Kelly is 10 years old and this wasn't like her. Kelly also had a real foul smelly breath, like really bad.

Took her to the vets yesterday who thought it was just an infection, her temperature was really low which he thought would come back up by today. She had three injections and also that powder stuff you mix in water to rehydrate them.The vet asked us to take her back today.

She was sick again in the night, bought up all the fluids i had given her :( :sigh:

Took her this morning, told him that she hadn't improved. He wanted to keep her in to put her on a drip and to do a blood test.

We had a call a couple of hours later with the bad news... she has renal failure :cry::cry::cry: he said its highly unlikely that she will improve overnight but he will keep her on the drip, but if not the kindest thing you can do.......my mom is distraught...well we all are. We have two other dogs too, i am sure they must be wondering where she is.

I am dreading phoning the vets in the morning because i am the one that will have to go there with my dad. My mom just couldn't do it.:cry:

I keep thinking of her in the vets now all alone? do they leave them on there own?

Sorry to tell all you guys but i feel so sad right now :(

Lucie x

Oh Huney! been there done that. But it doesn't make it any easier when you have to make the decision. Every pet is a member of the family and it hurts like mad when you have to say goodbye. just be thankfull that you can choose to let your pet to meet it's maker without having to justify yourself to the hoorays who think they have the justification to stop up letting our loved pets having a dignified burial.

Thanks so much guys

I don't know what happens or what to do when its done. Do i bring her home or what?

Oh sweety, we had to have out cat Dolly put to sleep last summer...
It's never easy to lose a furry member of the family *huggles*
You can ring the vet and request that you and your dad can go and see her, and hug her and say goodbye, and then, when you're ready, the vet will give her a little injection and she will go to sleep. You can choose to stay there with her if you wish, or wait outside. You will be able to go and see her after she's gone as well. When you ring tomorrow, ask the vet about bringing her home and burial in the garden if that's what you;d like to do...but what we did for Dolly, was arranged through the vet to have her cremated. We got her ashes back about a week later, in a lovely wooden box. It was very respectful, gentle and you can then chose whether to have her buried in the garden or keep her in the box, or take her to a favourite place. xx

Thinking of you sweetheart. If you have any questions, please just ask x

I don't think they leave them alone when they're in for medical reasons.

And apart from that, I have nothing to say but send big hugs. And also to say, you are doing the right thing if Kelly is ill and in pain. It's horrible and difficult to think about, but it is the best thing to do for her. You and your family have all my thoughts

xx

We went through this 14 months ago, our Sadie was 14 years old, and we were devastated, as you are.....we bought our dog Chloe just a month later and it helped such a lot to have another puppy/dog to love.

My thoughts are with because I know the hurt you are feeling at the moment, I shall be thinking of you tomorrow, God Bless little Kelly.

Plus I doubt very much that she will be left alone, there is bound to a nurse and a vet on call all night.

Love to you. XX

Ah that's horrible, sorry hun. We had to have our dog Rocky put down a few years ago and it was horrible. Never had a dog before, and never had one since so he was special, but was just too poorly at the end.

You have my symapthies.

Natt xxx :hug99:

I'm so sorry. Our dog was poorly last year and the same happened to us. We asked if we could bring him home so we could all (including the kids) spend some time with him before he had to go. the vet came out to us and put him to sleep, and was so lovely and understanding and he just drifted off in my dads arms peacefully. So instead of having to collect him he was already with us. You have my sympathy.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together
Thinking of you xx

Im so sorry. Its such a hard thing to do even when you know its right.
((((((((())))))))

Been there many times over the years. It never gets any easier. You and family are all in our thoughts. So sorry, even though we all know it's the right thing to do...

It is heart breaking...

Thinking of you Lucie:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

i am so sorry we had to do the same 20 months ago with our dog and to be honest i am still finding it hard and cry loads about her. you are in my thoughts and my loves goes out to you all. xxxxxxxx

Back